Want to TRADE: '85 5-speed 4a-c AE86 hatchback

Kiraush
Club4AG Enthusiast

Want to TRADE: '85 5-speed 4a-c AE86 hatchback

Postby Kiraush » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:26 pm

Located: Southern Oregon

Can travel: The farthest I'm willing to go is probably 400 miles

Been throwing around the idea for a bit, and decided to post it around to see what happens.

Thinking about trading my clean title, 5 speed, 4ac SR5 hatchback for a 5 speed 4ag GTS hatchback with cash on my end.
Running is preferred, but if it's not running I'm still interested since I would almost immediately decommission it to put my 4agze ;)

But if it's not running we would need to figure something out.

218k miles
Celica supras
Tires have very good tread, if I had to estimate I would say about 70-80%
Brand new tags
Brand new fuel pump and a few other things that I'll undoubtably think of right after I post this.
Texting is the best way to get ahold of me, but I'll try to answer the phone in case anyone calls.
Will also check this post to see if anyone posts here. :)

541-261-3877

Side note: No I wont sell the car itself, unless you honestly think your offer is going to change my mind it's really not worth asking. :P
If I can't find someone who would benefit from this trade, I'm more than content with just converting it to suit my needs.

I just figured if I caught the right person who wanted to do a hybrid build and had a GTS, this would be right up their alley, and they would get some cash for their build.

NOTE: I have the front bumper, I just haven't had it on because I don't like the red paint from the original car it was on.

xslowpokex
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Want to TRADE: '85 5-speed 4a-c AE86 hatchback

Postby xslowpokex » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:13 am

Hahaha... good luck pal :)

outlaw121
Club4AG Regular

Postby outlaw121 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:19 pm

Still have the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiraush
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Kiraush » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:27 pm

outlaw121 wrote:Still have the car?

Sorry for the slow reply, I do.

marin86
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby marin86 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:44 pm

You could sell it and get what you want or convert it

Crono0001
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Crono0001 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:53 am

I don't think anyone in their right mind would trade a GTS for an SR5+cash. They'd rather sell the GTS outright.

zem
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby zem » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:42 am

to be fair its in pretty good condition, and if someone had a gts with a bad engine and they didn't feel like rebuilding they could get a running car + cash.
#savethe86

outlaw121
Club4AG Regular

Postby outlaw121 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:46 pm

I will trade my 88 Benz for it

Kiraush
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Kiraush » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:57 am

Update: I found a GTS with a fucked as hell rear end (got rearended by someone going at least 40+) so I have all my GTS conversion parts.
Also found someone to trade me his GTS-AE86 for my 3T-C swapped KE30, so I now have two Corollas, a GTSR5 and a GTS.
Hate on me more, I bathe in your tears.

mideng wrote:oregon hillbilly

no person with a brain would do this....keep smoking that crack!

Sorry for your ignorance, "any person with a brain would do this" under the right circumstances.

marin86 wrote:You could sell it and get what you want or convert it

There are very few GTS AE86s in Oregon, it's easier for me to not find a GTS to trade and keep my SR5, which as stated in my post I am fine with, than it is for me to sell my SR5 then not find a GTS or SR5 to buy and not have another AE86.

Crono0001 wrote:I don't think anyone in their right mind would trade a GTS for an SR5+cash. They'd rather sell the GTS outright.

I don't think you thought about it very hard then, many people see past the GTS/SR5 sticker on the car and just see the vehicle.
You do not need a GTS to do an SR20 swap, 3SGE, and really anything else.
I posted this because I want to go 4A-GZE, and if someone wanted to go with a less common motor they can trade me and be right where they are car-wise, but with cash in their hand towards the build.

zem wrote:to be fair its in pretty good condition, and if someone had a gts with a bad engine and they didn't feel like rebuilding they could get a running car + cash.

Precisely, and what entertains me about the naysayers above is that none of them put an iota of thought into their post.
They just got butthurt that I wanted to trade one sticker for another, while I doubt many of them own either.

GtsTone23 wrote:The ONLY person who would do this deal would be a NOOOOB! Nobody in there right mind, with a Gts would want to go through all the trouble of turning there sr5 into a Gts when you HAVE a Gts already!!! SELL your sr5 and buy a Gts plain and simple!!! But just from reading your ad you would be asking TAKUMI money for your sr5 thinking its worth TONS of money so in essence you would be stuck with it. Maybe zem will buy it, he thinks its in good shape!

Your post was boring me just looking at it, and I saw the word Takumi so I automatically assume you're an idiot and honestly didn't read.
You know nothing of the AE86 presence in Oregon, and if I sold my SR5 the odds are I would not find another AE86 to buy, SR5 or GTS.

Refer to the above replies for the rest of what I would say to you if I were to waste more time.

yukesrevolver
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby yukesrevolver » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:20 pm

It is true. Because it came carbd and no FI, not to mention the subtle clutch difference, and because the rear end is a totally different, it adds more pain to any modern FI engine swap.

OP: Best of luck man! The only ones to bite will probably be GTS' that are in serious need of a body makeover. But you never know...
85 GT-S Hatch (Bloody Panda)
87 SR-5 Coupe (white)

kiosk
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby kiosk » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:43 pm

BS removed.

Leave the OP alone.

Free bump