Searching for interior parts for my AE86 (Burgundy)

kris_hm

Searching for interior parts for my AE86 (Burgundy)

Postby kris_hm » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:21 pm

I have a AE86 notch back that I need some interior parts for.
I am looking for an un-cracked dashboard - Burgundy color. Mine has a few big cracked right in the middle. I may be willing to settle for a cracked one only if the crack is way off to the side and completely unnoticeable.

I am looking for the bezel that goes around the gauge cluster, with the little light covers for the headlights and windshield wipers. Mine is cracked.
I am also looking for the entire bezel that goes around the radio, the ashtray and that area. Mine is cracked.
My AE86 was in near perfect condition until recently, my sister moved in with us and she had a lot of stuff that needed to be stored. My corolla went from being garaged to being outside in the sun and I neglected to put a cover on it until it was too late :(
Ive been looking for a while for a Burgundy dash and I think I'll have trouble finding it. But if anyone has one please let me know.
If you have any of these parts please email me and send pictures to Z012495@yahoo.com along with your price.
I may also be interested in foglight parts if anyone has those.
May be willing to buy a parts car as long as the parts I'm wanting are in good condition. I do not want any cracks. I already have these parts in cracked condition so only parts in good un-cracked condition please. Dashboard may be the exception as long as the crack is unnoticeable.

kris_hm

Re: Searching for interior parts for my AE86 (Burgundy)

Postby kris_hm » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:29 am

Also looking for the airmix cables if anyone has those. Mine are frozen. Or if anyone knows a way to fix them.

Deuce Cam

Postby Deuce Cam » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:38 pm

Remove the cables. Use 3-in-1, wd40, etc, and work it between the metal wire and plastic that covers until plastic slides easy on the wire. When installin make sure the plastic wire covers are clipped in at the right points in relation to the flapper doors and hvac control levers on center console (fyi if not installed right the system can bind and feel frozen when trying to operate center console levers).

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro

Postby CloudStrife » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:52 pm

What deuce said. You should pretty much never have to buy HVAC cables unless they break, and that is a solid piece of metal.

Those plastic white clips he refers to are insanely important. If you break one, you are screwed. They are also impossible to find on their own, you would need to cannibalize another AE chassis or some 80s variant.
Success guardian... Successsssssss..

Deuce Cam

Postby Deuce Cam » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:22 pm

Using the white clips that connect the wire to the lever is vital. They can only be installed one way though because there are divots the in the plastic wire sheeth that the clips hold onto.

I was referring to the metal clips on the hvac housing and blower motor under the dash, basically where the other end of the wires connect to. If you dont clip onto the wire sheeths at the correct points the system wont operate right. Youll have to operate the flapper doors with the wire and/or levers to get an idea which points are pest to clip the wire in.

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro

Postby CloudStrife » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:57 pm

Ah, I see. Yes, I think there are different ends on different cables ;(like the control on the driver's side flapper has a divot in the plastic rod). I personally like white lithium grease. You could probably even get away with MP grease tube from parts store..
Success guardian... Successsssssss..