h4 conversion wtb/ help...?

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
Phernandeux

h4 conversion wtb/ help...?

Postby Phernandeux » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:14 pm

searched for a thread couldnt find one but anyway im in the market for a 7x6 conversion kit and have had my eyes on Raybrig blue diamonds. i was told that they could be found for about $80 but ive had zero luck finding any near that price. i wanted to know if someone can guide me in the right direction here and send me a link to where i can buy them or something similar.

these are the ones ive found on ebay. all from malaysia :| http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAYBRIG-BLUE-DI ... 0695328036

SidekickChuck
Club4AG Expert

Re: h4 conversion wtb/ help...?

Postby SidekickChuck » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:42 am

Raybrig and Hella are often recommended for use because they are E-Code headlamps. They meet the lighting standards of Europe who does not allow stray light to be shot everywhere. A lot of the cheap eBay and asian made lamps may look good, but scatter the light everywhere where you dont want it.

The good ones cost more vs the cheapos, but they are by no means expensive.

As for finding a good set of Raybrigs, there is/was a member here selling sets new in the classifieds, but IIRC, that was before the site crash and I dont think the thread has been posted here.

Good luck in your hunt.

PS - I prefer the Hella units. They are easy to get, and dont cost much. They dont have clear plastic lenses, but I like the fresnel lens over clear for our cars.
Silver/Black 1985 ae86 gts Heavens Gate Corolla
2001 Carbon Black e39 M5
89' Supra Twin Turbo 1JZ (sold)

Phernandeux

Postby Phernandeux » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:27 am

I've read alot of Good things about the hella kits, but for aesthetic reasons wanted the raybrigs. But yeah After searching the classifieds I think I might have found the vendor. Guess I'm just waiting on a reply now. Thanks for the help

RW Bliss
Club4AG Regular

Postby RW Bliss » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:49 am

The member here is pecX. I bought 3 sets of raybrigs from him
A couple years back, great guy to deal with. They won't be $80 tho. Hit him up,
I've seen his acct active on this new forum.

SidekickChuck
Club4AG Expert

Postby SidekickChuck » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:35 pm

Just to clarify why one would want e-code lamps vs cheapos, the beam pattery puts light on the road here you want it instead of blinding people and losing output performance. You will notice a nice wide evenly spread sheet of light and not the center hotspot of a cheaper housing.

e-code vs cheapo:
Silver/Black 1985 ae86 gts Heavens Gate Corolla
2001 Carbon Black e39 M5
89' Supra Twin Turbo 1JZ (sold)

RW Bliss
Club4AG Regular

Postby RW Bliss » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:14 pm

Phernandeux

Postby Phernandeux » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:55 am

RW Bliss wrote:Here you go:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1004

Thanks man I really appreciate it. I posted in it the other day still haven't heard a reply though. fingers crossed I don't have to buy one of those Malaysian kits