Cali BAR Legal F20/F22 Swap

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
AIRWOLF
Club4AG Regular

Cali BAR Legal F20/F22 Swap

Postby AIRWOLF » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:56 pm

It's been awhile since i've been on Club4ag and it's interesting to see how more aesthetically pleasing it is. Too bad i forgot my old user name password.

Anyways, I've been interested in the F20 swap and since smog requirements (just found out about the California Cat),are out of hand, I just about gave up on the F20 swap, until.....

LINK: Bar F22 AE86 Coupe SoCal
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=6465

Apparently, he got it bar certified and it mainly had to do with welding the emissions to the gas tank?

Excuse my question and i'm hoping you guys can be patient with me, but with the swap and trying to make it Bar Legal, how much more do you have to do to make the swap "LEGAL"?

:?:
UCSB Alum

Nick94tt
Club4AG Expert

Re: Cali BAR Legal F20/F22 Swap

Postby Nick94tt » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:58 pm

AIRWOLF wrote:Apparently, he got it bar certified and it mainly had to do with welding the emissions to the gas tank?

Excuse my question and i'm hoping you guys can be patient with me, but with the swap and trying to make it Bar Legal, how much more do you have to do to make the swap "LEGAL"?

Find the right inspector on the right day that isn't attached to their current job. Beyond that, get your hands on the actual regs and work your way on from there. (just like building a car for competition. Build the cage, then attach the car to it.) It's a big bit of cash. Make sure it's right from the get go.

Not saying don't do it/buy it, but don't do it without a full compliment of tools / shop on hand, and at least another 50% of the purchase price to throw away trying to make it work. You guys in Cali get knocked by some utterly silly ........ :lol:

Don't take my word for it though. I'm not sure I'm allowed back in the state. Something about transporting a disassembled assault rifle next to a tank of gasoline, a pallet of asbestos shingles, stem cells in known cancer causing foam coolers, and some bomber pops for Jerry's Kids all while whittling a set of redwood chopsticks. :lol:

That reminds me. Somewhere down in Santa Ana there's an unmarked bar where the Mexican beer only comes in buckets, and some time around 11pm the place is suddenly invaded by women in about 5 square inches of clothing resulting in me having to be the only white guy in the building translating for someone else with a Salvadoran dancer performing a vicious lap dance. :lol:

John H.
Club4AG Expert

Postby John H. » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:02 pm

Nick94tt wrote:
AIRWOLF wrote:Apparently, he got it bar certified and it mainly had to do with welding the emissions to the gas tank?

Find the right inspector on the right day that isn't attached to their current job. Beyond that, get your hands on the actual regs and work your way on from there. (just like building a car for competition. Build the cage, then attach the car to it.) It's a big bit of cash. Make sure it's right from the get go.

Not saying don't do it/buy it, but don't do it without a full compliment of tools / shop on hand, and at least another 50% of the purchase price to throw away trying to make it work. You guys in Cali get knocked by some utterly silly ........ :lol:

Don't take my word for it though. I'm not sure I'm allowed back in the state. Something about transporting a disassembled assault rifle next to a tank of gasoline, a pallet of asbestos shingles, stem cells in known cancer causing foam coolers, and some bomber pops for Jerry's Kids all while whittling a set of redwood chopsticks. :lol:

That reminds me. Somewhere down in Santa Ana there's an unmarked bar where the Mexican beer only comes in buckets, and some time around 11pm the place is suddenly invaded by women in about 5 square inches of clothing resulting in me having to be the only white guy in the building translating for someone else with a Salvadoran dancer performing a vicious lap dance. :lol:

ronny
Club4AG Expert

Postby ronny » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:44 am

buy a real s2000 brotha... =D

still got the red one?
Rays - Project Mu - TE37 club
BLUE MOON / CUSCO
AE86fightclub.com
PM me for Contact

AIRWOLF
Club4AG Regular

Postby AIRWOLF » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:01 pm

ronny wrote:buy a real s2000 brotha... =D

still got the red one?

Haha. You remembered. I still do. I work by irvine spectrum now too.
UCSB Alum

MellowS13
Club4AG Regular

Postby MellowS13 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:36 pm

F20-powered 86 would be pretty damn rad!