Need help identifying some seats.

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
broku-hachi
Club4AG Enthusiast

Need help identifying some seats.

Postby broku-hachi » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:06 pm

Whats up everybody, need some help identifying a pair of bride seats that was given to me. As far as I can tell they are two different models. I believe one is a brix and one maybe an ergo? I know there are different generations of each type of brix and ergo, and was wondering if anyone would be able to chime in with more info. To make it a little easier to compare, I tried to post similar pics of each seat labled A & B.

A Image

B Image

A Image

B Image

A Image

B Image

If you look close you can see a difference between the shapes of the top portions of the seats specifically the shoulders.

Thanks for any help

aukword1
Club4AG Expert

Re: Need help identifying some seats.

Postby aukword1 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:54 pm

The one on the right is the same exact one I have but I have no idea which model it is. Pretty sure mine is a replica too.

broku-hachi
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby broku-hachi » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:14 pm

Are you running yours in a 86?

aukword1
Club4AG Expert

Postby aukword1 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:34 am

yep. two of them.

broku-hachi
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby broku-hachi » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:54 pm

I would like to throw these in my car, but haven't been able to make up my mind yet. I'm not sure if I want to spend the money seat rails for some old seats. Do you have any fitment issues with the size of the seats?

aukword1
Club4AG Expert

Postby aukword1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:23 am

No fitment issues but I did have to make my own seat brackets. Mine have the mounting points at the bottom of the seat and didnt come with any rails so I took off the seat rails from SR5 seats and used those with some 1/4 steel strips.

broku-hachi
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby broku-hachi » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:44 pm

Right onn, I might give that a try.

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro

Postby CloudStrife » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:17 am

Just FYI, when diving into the world of 90s BRIDE seats (Japan) it can be a little daunting. Most US enthusiasts don't really know the differences and/or care.

As far as BRIDE: BRIX models are concerned, I believe it's 1, 1.5, and 2.0 are the different variations.

They are NOTICEABLY different, especially between 1 and 2.0. I'm almost certain I have a 1/1.5 and 2.0. The 2 has way further "arms" and the side bolstering is crazy pronounced. It looks to me like you have a 1/1.5.

Also of note is early BRIDE's, especially BRIX/ERGO are notorious for being re-uholstered and/or modified. To add confusion, even within a generation of BRIX, the fabric material, color, and finish can differ a lot. On my earlier BRIX, it's a obvious purple (which I like more), on the one with extra bolstering (which I believe is later gen), the color is a more blueish, and barely has grounds to be called purple.

I'm sure Japanese natives could explain better, but anyway, they should all mount the same. BRIDE rails of one type will fit older BRIX, ERGO, etc. of all variants in the generation..

As far as brackets go, cheapest option is to modify factory brackets, authentic BRIDE brackets are about 2-300 (from somewhere like RHDJapan.com)

Also, NICE SAFETY INSPECTION STICKER BRAH lollll.
Success guardian... Successsssssss..

broku-hachi
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby broku-hachi » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:53 pm

Thanks for the info cloudstrife. Yah at first I thought that purple was just faded black and I didn't think it would match, but my rear seats are so faded they actually do prettty well haha. Lucky for me these seats were in a car that probably just sat in a garage since the 90's so I don't suspect them being reupholstered. plus extra cool points, they came out of a kenmeri 8-)

CloudStrife wrote:Also, NICE SAFETY INSPECTION STICKER BRAH lollll.

Yup, and it only expired 7 years ago! :lol:

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro

Postby CloudStrife » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:01 am

Haha, damn bro. Maybe the local cops are cool because they're so many old school Toyota fans out there :)

If I don't keep my bride brackets, I'll sell you the Driver's side I have, it's brand new.

broku-hachi
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby broku-hachi » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:43 pm

CloudStrife wrote:Haha, damn bro. Maybe the local cops are cool because they're so many old school Toyota fans out there :)

If I don't keep my bride brackets, I'll sell you the Driver's side I have, it's brand new.

Nah the car has been de-registered for a while. Working on getting everything legal and road worthy again.

Jayrdee
Club4AG Expert

Postby Jayrdee » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:23 am

broku-hachi wrote:Whats up everybody, need some help identifying a pair of bride seats that was given to me.

They were free?!?

Idk about you guys, but I LOVE the look of worn old school racing seats.
[I have no idea what I'm doing]

CloudStrife
Club4AG Pro

Postby CloudStrife » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:51 pm

Try looking at the seats with these..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Toyota-Co ... SwomJaxbDH