Tail lamp fuse keeps blowing

skipshift
Club4AG Regular

Tail lamp fuse keeps blowing

Postby skipshift » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:32 pm

I have a short to ground somewhere on the dash side of my tail lamp fuse. I'm guessing its either my head lamp switch of the power wire for my cluster lights is shorted. Anyone have a diagram on this circuit or some advice on where too look?

skipshift
Club4AG Regular

Re: Tail lamp fuse keeps blowing

Postby skipshift » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:04 pm

skipshift
Club4AG Regular

Postby skipshift » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:05 pm

Anyone else had this problem?

mikeyee
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby mikeyee » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:31 pm

change out the bulbs (all of them)... check the actual things the bulbs go into...

ran into this problem with my friend's corolla, previous owner did some shoddy work at 'fixing' the wire connections to the bulbs..

the solder the prev owner put in was grounding the power line to the ground at the spring x_x.. and this was found on 2 of his lights.

skipshift
Club4AG Regular

Postby skipshift » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:21 am

I unhooked the connectors at the tail lamps and installed a new fuse. The fuse still blew. So its not in the tail lamps. Its somewhere else. I think it might be in the switch itself but I'm not sure. The wire diagram that I found doesn't show Zenki cars. I've read that they are wired differently. I'm kind of lost on this one. But I really need it fixed because I just had to call into work because it's so foggy outside I can't drive with out tail lamps.