sr5 - 20v blacktop issues using tweak'd harness

dboy160

sr5 - 20v blacktop issues using tweak'd harness

Postby dboy160 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:44 pm

Anyway i bought a smashed sr5-20v as a parts car, i figured itd be cheaper to just swap everything he did over.. The persons wiring was hack and i found teak'd sr5 - 20v so i bought that, installed everything into my sr5 and extended the alternator wiring. Go to start it up and.... nothing, no fuel im like wtf? The tweak'd harness comes with an efi and fuel relay, when I try to turn over the efi relay clicks but not the fuel pump relay, I checked voltage and its getting 12 and when I ground the wire that goes from ecu "fc" to the relay, it clicks and the fuel pump runs, so for the time being I say screw it, i need this car running so I can move. Start the car using the jumped ground method and it starts, sweet! Now it acts as if it has a vacuum issue with an erratic idle, each time the idle gets super low or dies I notice on my fpr it reads almost zero. When I hit the gas it'll rev up then bog an Oh btw I bought a new gts gas tank with an in tank walboro fuel pump.
Heres a link to a short vid I took, hope this helps if not I can take a different one
http://youtu.be/E-uvYBXQGDs

dboy160

Re: sr5 - 20v blacktop issues using tweak'd harness

Postby dboy160 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:14 pm

Well I got somewhat of an update. I spoke to tweak'd and he asked for some pictures of the ecu plugs to make sure everything was wired correctly on his end, so I unbolted the ecu so I can easly take the pictures after doing so I left it unbolted and thought maybe there was too much pressure from the pump to the hardline and thought maybe the soft hose between hardlines was getting kinked for some reason, so I jumped the green/red wire to ecu "fc" again to make it work and this time the engine rev'd at about 1200 and was steady with no fuel drop. My fpr was reading ~30psi so this made me think it was a loose wire that was making better connection since the ecu was in a different location. I picked up the ecu to get to the wire and it started doing it again, I set the ecu down and it went back to normal. So i then decided to open up the ecu and found an arc'd burn spot on the inside cover and upon further investigation saw that circuit T807 was fried so I'm guessing this is why the "fc" pin has to have an added ground for it to work. So I guess I need to order a new ecu?

RuizXIII
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby RuizXIII » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:13 pm

That sounds crummy, man.
I wonder how the heck that would even happen.
irony.cc

dboy160

Postby dboy160 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:48 pm

No idea, but everything was good after ecu swap, i also realized i had my fuel send / return lines swapped -_-'