w58 clutch problems HELP!

Autohaus_Z
Club4AG Enthusiast

w58 clutch problems HELP!

Postby Autohaus_Z » Sat May 04, 2013 9:01 pm

I have a w58 behind my GZE using an adaptor bellhousing (76 celica auto-manual swapped) and have had nothing but problems since day 1. I first ran a supra clutch fork with the slave cylinder spaced out and later the clips that hold the throwout bearing to the clutch fork fell off and my clutch disc failed. I now run an ae86 gts clutch fork, slave cylinder no longer spaced out, and new clips for the throwout bearing. It has gotten progressively worse, but on engagement (clutch pedal on the way up) the clutch pedal has sticky spots all the way up. Im running a used 212mm blacktop flywheel and illegal garage clutch. It might be my custom clutch pedal set up but ive also blown through 3 clutch master's. Any ideas? Thanks.
Owner. CM Autohaus LLC. San Jose, CA.
RnD/Product Testing. Battle Garage RS/Annex Suspension Group
Amsoil Dealer # 5615215
IG @Autohaus_Z for AE86 fun, T50 trans builds, and track life!
The Autohaus Podcast

Autohaus_Z
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: w58 clutch problems HELP!

Postby Autohaus_Z » Mon May 06, 2013 3:56 pm

No help?
Amsoil Dealer # 5615215
The Autohaus Podcast

allencr
Club4AG Expert

Postby allencr » Mon May 06, 2013 11:22 pm

The fork should move with as little change in contacting the bearing as possible, starting before perpendicular/90degrees to the input shaft, then going past 90 till disengage. The pivot height controls this.
Bearing should ride smoothly on the input's tube/collar and should still be in complete contact with it at the end of its travel - disengaged.
Pedal pushrod should be centered in the MC bore, same with slave.
I don't have a clue what 'blown through 3 clutch masters' is, but know that it's something that you've done.

Autohaus_Z
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Autohaus_Z » Tue May 07, 2013 9:21 pm

allencr wrote:The fork should move with as little change in contacting the bearing as possible, starting before perpendicular/90degrees to the input shaft, then going past 90 till disengage. The pivot height controls this.
Bearing should ride smoothly on the input's tube/collar and should still be in complete contact with it at the end of its travel - disengaged.
Pedal pushrod should be centered in the MC bore, same with slave.
I don't have a clue what 'blown through 3 clutch masters' is, but know that it's something that you've done.

'blown through 3 clutch masters.' Every year I change the clutch master because of either external or internal leak.
Amsoil Dealer # 5615215
The Autohaus Podcast

allencr
Club4AG Expert

Postby allencr » Wed May 08, 2013 12:17 am

Every year? Adding dirt & water? sh.i.t parts or really sh.i.t fluid. If it was new it would have been greased from the factory & last 5+ years. Even rebuilding it yourself without any lube, only brake fluid, should last more then a year. How much usage/miles/kilometers/driving per year?
//
//
Also, what was the disk failure? Spring come out & jam into the PP's diaphgram spring?

Autohaus_Z
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Autohaus_Z » Wed May 08, 2013 8:06 pm

allencr wrote:Every year? Adding dirt & water? sh.i.t parts or really sh.i.t fluid. If it was new it would have been greased from the factory & last 5+ years. Even rebuilding it yourself without any lube, only brake fluid, should last more then a year. How much usage/miles/kilometers/driving per year?
//
//
Also, what was the disk failure? Spring come out & jam into the PP's diaphgram spring?

The clutch disc failure was the rivets did not hold and oblonged holes and the springs came out. I am very sure my clutch master keeps failing because my car is manual trans swapped and i have a janky welded clutch pedal set up. Bottom line I want to try and figure out my original complaint before I pull out my tranny again.
Amsoil Dealer # 5615215
The Autohaus Podcast