Discussion on vendor section posting guidelines

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Discussion on vendor section posting guidelines

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:21 am

There was an email a while back to the moderators that addressed some concerns and issues that I have also had with this section for a while.
I talked to Moto a bit about posting guidelines but we didn't come up with anything great or definitive so I thought I'd start a thread and get some discussion going with the people who post here to get ideas that will work for everyone.

One thing we have decided on is that there will be no replica/counterfeit products being sold here. Witz was the main offender and has been banned. We will be removing their threads soon as well.
If anyone sees anyone selling counterfeit parts here or thinks they may have unknowingly gotten a counterfeit part please let us know.

Another thing that we decided on is there needs to be business info and contact info available. Again Witz was the main offender.
In your threads include either a link to your website that must also contain your personal contact info or in the thread list

Business Name
Phone Number
Physical Address
Email
Representative Name.

if Individual and not commerical, we will require FULL NAME, phone number, and paypal verified email address.

The last thing is the number of active threads. It can be overwhelming to both buyers and sellers seeing 20 different threads by the same shop.
As a vendor it kind of sucks seeing your thread get quickly pushed off the first page in a flood of other threads.

Some things we have talked about is putting a limit on active threads and or number or frequency of bumps.
Another thought is to consolidate threads to one and keep posts in that thread until they reach a few pages at which point you could drop it and start a new one.
One thought for me on this might be to just have a rundown of what you are trying to sell with a link to your website with a blog, or a page of on sale items or something so more of the detailed marketing is on your website.

For now it would be nice if people started to take this into consideration and start to reduce the number of active threads but it would also be nice to get any input from others on what guidelines we should use and post in a sticky in this section.

EP Importers
Club4AG Regular

Re: Discussion on vendor section posting guidelines

Postby EP Importers » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:07 pm

Finally, guidelines again.... I was missing them from the old forum.
I think you have great ideas.
I have been waiting for the guideline to come back regarding the amount of threads one company can bump per day etc...
I am a company and I try to respect everyone and even companies by only having 2 active threads.

In the old forum also that was great for respected/trustworthy/ well earned companies among the community was the chosen companies were allowed to have 1 thread be placed on the top at all times under the thread rules and regulations of course. lol
I was able to have that legacy in the old forum for all my hard and honest work. I hope we can bring that back for companies that has/can earn that spot light.

Best, Robert
Best Regards,
Robert Crosbie
EtsuRyu LLC
Goryoshita-cho, Satsumasendai-shi
Kagoshima Ken, Japan
 895-0061
contact@etsuryu.com
http://www.etsuryu.com
Japan Certificate # 961110040385

oldeskewltoy
Club4AG MASTER

Postby oldeskewltoy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:51 am

Robert - It was YOUR PM to me that got this rolling again.... I forwarded it to all the mods and admin. Btw... I'm no longer a mod here... just too much crap here

ANYWAY... As to listing my address... no "F"ing way! I'll list me email, and it is Paypal verified... but I'm not going to post up a physical address for someone to come along and break in to my shop.... I've been here for more time then most others, and I've been the one over time trying to limit/eliminate the thievery in the For Sales section.

Oh... and until C4AG monitors their sections better... ALL BUYERS should be VERY careful of the sellers....

official Club4AG policy wrote:NOTICE to ALL who are involved in transactions, sale, purchase for listings in Classified sections of Club4AG.

Club4AG will not and can not enter into dispute or act as mediator for any disputes taking place in our web forums, and sections are merely designed to provide a communication channel for buyers and sellers. And because we are not mediators or a sales channel for transactions, we will not rate, or grade any sellers or buyers as we are not equipped to tally concrete facts for any parties involved, in any transactions.
Any and all actual transactions should be taken with normal precautions of finding and collecting information and securing your sale/purchase to satisfactory levels. All further communications of dispute or resolving any matter of transactions should be conducted outside of the forums. We suggest you make note of as much information about the sellers and buyers, such as telephone number, email, physical address, etc, before doing any transactions, and use a protected methods like Paypal or other merchant services to secure your sales or purchases. Unlike eBay or Amazon, Club4AG does NOT take middle ground, serve as mediators, or keep, make available, provide, or record any information of anyone on this web for use in dispute resolutions, and Club4AG will NOT rate, grade, or give/receive feedback of anyone conducting sale or purchases here. This site is provided for announcements of sale and wanted ads only, just as any newspaper classified ads, or bulletin boards in community centers.

What that means is BUYER BEWARE, C4AG doesn't give a rat's arse about you
OST Cyl head porting, - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=300

Building a great engine takes knowing the end... before you begin :ugeek:

Enjoy Life... its the only one you get!

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:40 pm

oldeskewltoy wrote:Robert - It was YOUR PM to me that got this rolling again.... I forwarded it to all the mods and admin. Btw... I'm no longer a mod here... just too much crap here

ANYWAY... As to listing my address... no "F"ing way! I'll list me email, and it is Paypal verified... but I'm not going to post up a physical address for someone to come along and break in to my shop.... I've been here for more time then most others, and I've been the one over time trying to limit/eliminate the thievery in the For Sales section.

Oh... and until C4AG monitors their sections better... ALL BUYERS should be VERY careful of the sellers....

official Club4AG policy wrote:NOTICE to ALL who are involved in transactions, sale, purchase for listings in Classified sections of Club4AG.

Club4AG will not and can not enter into dispute or act as mediator for any disputes taking place in our web forums, and sections are merely designed to provide a communication channel for buyers and sellers. And because we are not mediators or a sales channel for transactions, we will not rate, or grade any sellers or buyers as we are not equipped to tally concrete facts for any parties involved, in any transactions.
Any and all actual transactions should be taken with normal precautions of finding and collecting information and securing your sale/purchase to satisfactory levels. All further communications of dispute or resolving any matter of transactions should be conducted outside of the forums. We suggest you make note of as much information about the sellers and buyers, such as telephone number, email, physical address, etc, before doing any transactions, and use a protected methods like Paypal or other merchant services to secure your sales or purchases. Unlike eBay or Amazon, Club4AG does NOT take middle ground, serve as mediators, or keep, make available, provide, or record any information of anyone on this web for use in dispute resolutions, and Club4AG will NOT rate, grade, or give/receive feedback of anyone conducting sale or purchases here. This site is provided for announcements of sale and wanted ads only, just as any newspaper classified ads, or bulletin boards in community centers.

What that means is BUYER BEWARE, C4AG doesn't give a rat's arse about you

It sucks you feel that way.
I do feel like this forum has not gotten enough attention and improvement from the people with the power to do so for too long but I can't say I understand your high level of frustration.

The contact information that I mentioned for businesses is for legitimate businesses that have tax IDs, and everything else that comes along with being a business. In which case it should be easy for anyone to find your address and contact info.

If you are an individual not representing a business there should be little reason for most to post here but in that rare situation then as said all that would be required is FULL NAME, phone number, and paypal verified email address.

It's also kind of messed up to say C4AG doesn't give a rats ass.
Honestly Moto is the only admin/mod I know but I do know that if he didn't give a rats ass this place wouldn't still be here and I have a lot of respect for how much time, money and energy he has devoted to making sure that still remains an available resource.
With that said it does need a lot more attention and improvement.
If someone wants to pay me $80 an hour 20 hours a week I'll whip this place into shape in no time. Otherwise you have to respect that people do what they can when they can. I would think the fact that you couldn't handle that should give some appreciation for what it actually takes.

As for buyer beware. That is true on every forum. If you think otherwise you are naive and likely haven't read their liability statements.
If forums were responsible and liable for everything that was posted and every transaction that took place they would all be sued or jailed.
With that said I have discussed this with Moto and we both agree that we should do what we can to make sure bad seeds are dealt with.
We are also looking into some sort of trader rating but it's implementing and moderating this is more work and it will take time and may introduce new questions of liability.

oldeskewltoy
Club4AG MASTER

Postby oldeskewltoy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:38 pm

yoshimitsuspeed wrote:
It sucks you feel that way. I do feel like this forum has not gotten enough attention and improvement from the people with the power to do so for too long but I can't say I understand your high level of frustration.

You haven't been here as long as I have...

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:06 pm

Well this thread is about looking forward, not back.
Looking for positive input and ideas on how to make things better. Not complaining about how messed up they are.

chi-town
Club4AG Expert

Postby chi-town » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:17 pm

If you're banning vendors for knock off products shouldn't that include wheels?
Coupe BT 20v #functionoverform

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:09 pm

chi-town wrote:If you're banning vendors for knock off products shouldn't that include wheels?

There is a lot of grey area and we are still feeling out the rules on but as of right now if a product is being sold under the actual manufacturers name we are letting it go.
For example it was brought to my attention that Whiteline makes a strut tower bar that is identical to a cusco bar. While this may be somewhat questionable if the original manufacturer has a problem with it they can go after the company that copied it. The buyer also knows that they are buying a whiteline product and not a Cusco product. If a third company called cheapstuffrus started selling an identical product under their name at least the consumer could research the brand and see if it was something they wanted to buy. If cusco has a problem with them knocking off the part then it's on them to deal with it.
On the other hand if a company is selling their strut tower bar as a Cusco with their logo on it when it wasn't made by Cusco this is definitely not acceptable.

So if someone is selling products under another companies brand name then I definitely want to know about it.

EP Importers
Club4AG Regular

Postby EP Importers » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:20 pm

Hi,

Make this topic/post as always the #1/ first thread under "Shops,manufactures, and retailers only" as it should be the priority for the page.
Best Regards,
Robert Crosbie
EtsuRyu LLC
Goryoshita-cho, Satsumasendai-shi
Kagoshima Ken, Japan
 895-0061
contact@etsuryu.com
http://www.etsuryu.com
Japan Certificate # 961110040385

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:15 pm

Yeah this thread is the precursor to a sticky.
Once we have all our rules well defined I will make a new one and put it at the top.
Does anyone else have any other ideas, questions, thoughts, concerns etc before I do?

As for pages getting flooded by a few very active vendors what do people think about this.

Only one thread can be bumped by the OP per day and only 4 active threads per user on the first page at any given time?
It seems like a good starting point to me.

oldeskewltoy
Club4AG MASTER

Postby oldeskewltoy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:02 pm

yoshimitsuspeed wrote:Only one thread can be bumped by the OP per day and only 4 active threads per user >edited< at any given time?

fixed that for you

sc86
Club4AG Pro

Postby sc86 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:03 am

yoshimitsuspeed wrote:Yeah this thread is the precursor to a sticky.
Once we have all our rules well defined I will make a new one and put it at the top.
Does anyone else have any other ideas, questions, thoughts, concerns etc before I do?

As for pages getting flooded by a few very active vendors what do people think about this.

Only one thread can be bumped by the OP per day and only 4 active threads per user on the first page at any given time?

4 threads per vender was always the rule
i have no complaints about this section anyway if everybody plays by the rules
the section does seam to have got quieter the last few months but im putting that down to the facebook page

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:06 am

sc86 wrote:the section does seam to have got quieter the last few months but im putting that down to the facebook page
[/quote]

I think that's just because banning Witz removed 30% of the threads in this section :lol:

sc86
Club4AG Pro

Postby sc86 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:48 am

is it just me or is this part of the forum always down?

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:04 am

sc86 wrote:is it just me or is this part of the forum always down?

I haven't had any problems in some time.
I was having an issue where some pages would be all blank except for saying pageok but I went in and cleared all my c4ag cookies and it stopped doing it.

Is that what you are seeing or something different?

sc86
Club4AG Pro

Postby sc86 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:36 pm

i have not been able to get onto the page the last week ?