Climate cntrl cable bracket thingy-ma-bob.

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Climate cntrl cable bracket thingy-ma-bob.

Postby notnilc20 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:52 pm

I have my climate control unit but where the cables would be fastened to it, the white plastic peice that holds the cable has crumbled away. Is there a way to replace these or a good way to rig it usable? Thanks.

MisterJerk
Club4AG Pro

Re: Climate cntrl cable bracket thingy-ma-bob.

Postby MisterJerk » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:44 pm

I am also a victim of this. I was thinking about either making the plastic crumbly bits out of metal or something. Or finding something from another car that is a bit sturdier.

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Postby notnilc20 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:54 am

Yeah.....i wonder if a zip tie would work.....i haven't really looked at it that close yet as i have plenty on my plate at the moment. Wonder if a 89 corolla would have the same style clips? There is a couple at the salvage yard. I'll check next week and if so i'll see if i can get a couple more for you.

MisterJerk
Club4AG Pro

Postby MisterJerk » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:35 am

I was looking at an ef civic hvac thing too. Alot of japanese cars of the same era use/share alot of clips, connectors, etc.

Jeonsah
Club4AG Expert

Postby Jeonsah » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:54 am

I was just messing with the climate controls on my heater the other day too. If you guys are referring to the part where the lever swivels at, then you can replace that with a bolt, nut, and a couple of big washers. The previous owner of my car, did this and it works great. As far as the white plastic piece that holds the cables down, maybe you can fit a zip tie there?

notnilc20
Club4AG Pro

Postby notnilc20 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:18 pm

Hey Jeonsah.....we are talking about the white plastic peices...i thought about zip ties but was going to try to find the correct peices first....

Good News.....went to the salvage yard.....and i found that 89 corollas have the same white pieces. They are a major pain to remove and i had to destroy the donor climate cntrl unit to salvage the small white clips but I managed to get a few.....MisterJerk how many do you need? I can send you some for free just pay a couple bucks for shipping. Pm me if you need some....

morgan
Club4AG Pro

Postby morgan » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:02 am

Those plastic pieces have a "ring" on the inside, that locks into the groove on the cable sleeve. This "ring" prevents the sleeve from moving when adjusting. Whatever you make to replace it, needs that. Theres no associated p/n with that clip, it just shows it as the assembly. Ill dig a lil deeper and see if i can figure it out.
haha cali...i got one of your 86's and you're not getting it back.
My turd of an 86
20v swapped 86 write-up