4 point safety 21 roll bar / sunroof coupe question

4agshoob
Club4AG Expert

4 point safety 21 roll bar / sunroof coupe question

Postby 4agshoob » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:26 am

looking at a safety 21 and another company bolt in 4 point roll bar. but i noticed safety 21's cages (all) say "non sunroof"... however i see where this would apply to full 6point plus cages.....

but does anyone know if this applies to the 4 point models? I understand the sunroof cars headliners are lower in some spots to accomodate for the sunroof track and assembly, but unsure as to how much just a main hoop would interfere with the sunroof, if behind the drivers seat in the full back position.

As my 87 gts coupe (levin) has a fully operational, non leaking sunroof, id like to keep it that way, and really am not looking to going the flashy, cheap looking cusco 6 point thats specifically for the sunroof model car, route.

any input/pics/experience would be greatly appreciated.

SgtRauksauff
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: 4 point safety 21 roll bar / sunroof coupe question

Postby SgtRauksauff » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:56 pm

just because the hole for the sunroof is in front of where the cage would be, don't forget that it has to go somewhere.. that's a couple inches of space taken up. And also the reason why I searched for a clean SR5 to use as my track toy instead of a GT-S. because a helmet ALSO adds a couple inches, and my bare head rubs the roof when sitting on stock seats as it is, lol.

Here's a picture to show that the main hoop will probably still intersect the sunroof tray....

found the picture by googling, but shows up as a link from c4ag anyways..
viewtopic.php?t=3140#p18279

SgtRauksauff
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: 4 point safety 21 roll bar / sunroof coupe question

Postby SgtRauksauff » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:04 pm

a properly done main hoop needs to be right where the B pillar sits. Is this for show? if so, just mod the storebought cage and hide the feet under the carpet.. If it's for actual safety use, have a real one fabricated.

--sarge