Bunta's Garage Sale

Project.D
Club4AG Enthusiast

Bunta's Garage Sale

Postby Project.D » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:01 pm

Email: project.d@mail.com

1) Complete set of Bunta's AE86 leather red/burgundy interior panels. Again, it's leather and not the hard plastic/cloth version. 9/10 condition. SOLD!!

$700.00 SOLD!

2) AE86 Driver/Left side light cover [b]- $30- SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!

3) AE86 sun visor (the cloth material is still very soft) - $100

4) 4AG 20V ITG Filter System - $80 - SOLD!!!

5) Dual carb filters w/ gaskets - $40

6) Toyota Supra OEM covers - $80

7) AE86 mud flaps set (4) - $100 SOLD! SOLD to Louis De Leon!

8) AE86 Zenki license plate housing light - $50

9) AE86 SR5 wheel covers - $50

10) AE86 center interior light -$40

11) NEW Cibie vintage glass covers for fog light housing - $80[/b]

12) Bosch foglight - $50

13) Cibie fog light covers - $20

14) NEW OEM JDM AE86 Apexi Twin Cam 16v sticker - $40

15) NEW complete gasket/seal set for Webber Carbs - $50

16) MSD Box #1, Part #8981- $40

17) JDM OEM 4AGE 20V injectors - $35 each

18) Ignition Coil custom made/shaved for 4age 20v - $20 for all 5. - SOLD!!!

19) MSD Box #2, Part 8981 - $100

Last edited by Project.D on Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

Lowtekk
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Bunta's Garage Sale

Postby Lowtekk » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:36 pm

That interior is absolutely vinyl. Otherwise it looks to be in reasonable shape. GLWS.

Project.D
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Project.D » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:20 pm

Lowtekk wrote:That interior is absolutely vinyl. Otherwise it looks to be in reasonable shape. GLWS.

FYI there were two versions made by Toyota. The first style had the cardboard/plastic vinyl material. It was the same material that was used for the SR5 models. The second style that you see here is the soft leather faux vinyl. For being 30 years old, they are no way in "reasonable shape". Please put some glasses on buddy, they are in supercalifragilisticexpialidocious condition (Mary Poppins would agree :D )!

Jayrdee
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Jayrdee » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:02 am

Just sent you an email!
[Another Day, Another Beer]

Disable adblock

Project.D
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Project.D » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:44 am

Jayrdee wrote:Just sent you an email!

Got it.

Lowtekk
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Lowtekk » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:39 pm

Project.D wrote:FYI there were two versions made by Toyota. The first style had the cardboard/plastic vinyl material. It was the same material that was used for the SR5 models. The second style that you see here is the soft leather faux vinyl. For being 30 years old, they are no way in "reasonable shape". Please put some glasses on buddy, they are in supercalifragilisticexpialidocious condition (Mary Poppins would agree :D )!

I believe the only leather ever offered from the factory was for steering wheels and shift knobs. "faux vinyl" is counter to the entire point of using vinyl in an interior, which is an inherently cheaper option than leather.

Maroon interior bits in reasonable shape are definitely sought after, even with the flaws in the set you have. The speaker holes are a bummer but they may be patchable. Regardless, definitely usable. GLWS.

LOUISDELEON
Club4AG Regular

Postby LOUISDELEON » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:12 pm

Sent an email, regarding the mud guards.
can you email me
Louis_de_leon@yahoo.com

Project.D
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Project.D » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:14 pm

Lowtekk wrote:
Project.D wrote:FYI there were two versions made by Toyota. The first style had the cardboard/plastic vinyl material. It was the same material that was used for the SR5 models. The second style that you see here is the soft leather faux vinyl. For being 30 years old, they are no way in "reasonable shape". Please put some glasses on buddy, they are in supercalifragilisticexpialidocious condition (Mary Poppins would agree :D )!

I believe the only leather ever offered from the factory was for steering wheels and shift knobs. "faux vinyl" is counter to the entire point of using vinyl in an interior, which is an inherently cheaper option than leather.

Maroon interior bits in reasonable shape are definitely sought after, even with the flaws in the set you have. The speaker holes are a bummer but they may be patchable. Regardless, definitely usable. GLWS.

@Lowtekk please provide citation/part #/info when you make such a claim like that. I agree that that some of the OEM steering wheel and shift knobs had leather wrapped but you cannot just claim "those were the only leather ever offered from the factory." That's a bogus statement. There were special editions (Black Edition, Whiteline, etc) and the car that had these panels were given the top of the line leather panels (boo-yah). I don't have part #s for these doors but they have soft leather wrapped around the door boards. To all, please disregard the comments made by amateurs like @Lowtekk in the Club4ag forum.

From my perspective and IMO, the leather on these AE86 panels looks just as nice as the leather seats in my Lexus and Cadillac.
Last edited by Project.D on Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Project.D
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Project.D » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:41 pm

LOUISDELEON wrote:Sent an email, regarding the mud guards.
can you email me
Louis_de_leon@yahoo.com

Did not get your email regarding AE86 mud guards at my project.d@mail.com account. FYI the mud flaps are pending at the moment.

Lowtekk
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Lowtekk » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:30 pm

Project.D wrote:@Lowtekk please provide citation/part #/info when you make such a claim like that. I agree that that some of the OEM steering wheel and shift knobs had leather wrapped but you cannot just claim "those were the only leather ever offered from the factory." That's a bogus statement. There were special editions (Black Edition, Whiteline, etc) and the car that had these panels were given the top of the line leather panels (boo-yah). I don't have part #s for these doors but they have soft leather wrapped around the door boards. To all, please disregard the comments made by amateurs like @Lowtekk in the Club4ag forum.

From my perspective and IMO, the leather on these AE86 panels looks just as nice as the leather seats in my Lexus and Cadillac.

I'm going to assume these are 1985 zenki GTS panels judging from the coloring and door cups. I'm also guessing these came from a USDM/LHD car since the left hand door cup is more worn, indicating it was used on the driver's side. An example part number for one of these would be 67620-12860-12.

Sadly there are no great scans of the original Toyota brochures online, but here's a good start -> http://importarchive.com/brochure/toyotacorolla1985_01

Here's a parsed versions with readable text -> https://www.loreauto.com/pages/1984-198 ... nd-options

The relevant brochure is "Corolla By Toyota" P/5-004 (8/84) 00600-01302 which covers the 1985 model year. There is specific reference to vinyl and cloth door panels for that year, with leather only being mentioned for gear knob and steering wheel. The presence of leather is something that manufacturers love to boast about, and sadly there are none here for door panels.

The panels you have contain a couple of color transitions that are difficult if not impossible for leather without additional stitching. The maroon to darker brown is the result of a spray vinyl paint applied by Toyota, which is not something you see with leather interiors.

I've got hard copies of all the original 84-87 promotional materials I can take better shots of. GLWS, but please be honest when selling.

bunta_garage

Postby bunta_garage » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:00 pm

bump for Bunta :)

KameleonK
Club4AG Regular

Postby KameleonK » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:09 pm

Does the ITG filter include the plate as well? what is the condition on the ITG filter Sponge?

Project.D
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Project.D » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:11 pm

Lowtekk wrote:
Project.D wrote:@Lowtekk please provide citation/part #/info when you make such a claim like that. I agree that that some of the OEM steering wheel and shift knobs had leather wrapped but you cannot just claim "those were the only leather ever offered from the factory." That's a bogus statement. There were special editions (Black Edition, Whiteline, etc) and the car that had these panels were given the top of the line leather panels (boo-yah). I don't have part #s for these doors but they have soft leather wrapped around the door boards. To all, please disregard the comments made by amateurs like @Lowtekk in the Club4ag forum.

I'm going to assume these are 1985 zenki GTS panels judging from the coloring and door cups. I'm also guessing these came from a USDM/LHD car since the left hand door cup is more worn, indicating it was used on the driver's side. An example part number for one of these would be 67620-12860-12.

Sadly there are no great scans of the original Toyota brochures online, but here's a good start -> http://importarchive.com/brochure/toyotacorolla1985_01

Here's a parsed versions with readable text -> https://www.loreauto.com/pages/1984-198 ... nd-options

The relevant brochure is "Corolla By Toyota" P/5-004 (8/84) 00600-01302 which covers the 1985 model year. There is specific reference to vinyl and cloth door panels for that year, with leather only being mentioned for gear knob and steering wheel. The presence of leather is something that manufacturers love to boast about, and sadly there are none here for door panels.

The panels you have contain a couple of color transitions that are difficult if not impossible for leather without additional stitching. The maroon to darker brown is the result of a spray vinyl paint applied by Toyota, which is not something you see with leather interiors.

I've got hard copies of all the original 84-87 promotional materials I can take better shots of. GLWS, but please be honest when selling.

Yes, they are mostly likely Zenki (84-85) since the Kouki (86-87) went with a different design and had cloth material.

Yes, it's USDM OEM GTS red/burgundy panels.

Thank you for part #s.

Lastly, I don't appreciate you trying to defame and label me "dishonest" when I have not. My ad states "leather" to indicate that the main interior panels had the soft touch version and not the hard plastic or cloth versions. Bottomline, you're NEVER going to get 100% genuine leather for AE86 and Corollas in general, not even in 2017. I'm not impressed with you and your googling abilities at all. The only thing I'm thankful for is that you've been bumping my sale ad to the top. Take care trouble maker.

Project.D
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Project.D » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:16 pm

bunta_garage wrote:bump for Bunta :)

Thank you @Bunta_Garage. 8-)

Project.D
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Project.D » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:26 pm

KameleonK wrote:Does the ITG filter include the plate as well? what is the condition on the ITG filter Sponge?

Yes, it comes with the plate. The filter sponge is in good condition, however, it will need a wash since it's been sitting in my garage for a while. You clean it just like any K&N filter. You simply wash out the dirt and put oil on it to help capture dust/dirt.

$100 OBO

Lowtekk
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Lowtekk » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:35 pm

Project.D wrote:Yes, they are mostly likely Zenki (84-85) since the Kouki (86-87) went with a different design and had cloth material.

Thank you for part #s.

Lastly, I don't appreciate you trying to defame and label me "dishonest" when I have not. My ad states "leather" to indicate that the main interior panels had the soft touch version and not the hard plastic or cloth versions. Bottomline, you're NEVER going to get 100% genuine leather for AE86 and Corollas in general, not even in 2017. I'm not impressed with you and your googling abilities at all. The only thing I'm thankful for is that you've been bumping my sale ad to the top. Take care trouble maker.

Leather is leather. Vinyl is vinyl. Calling one the other doesn't make a lot of sense, regardless of the amount of padding material behind it. I'm not calling you dishonest, but the hope is that you can now accurately describe the parts you have for sale.

If someone less familiar with these cars buys these door panels thinking they're leather and ends up with vinyl, it'll be a pain for everyone involved. Paypal disputes, return shipping hassle, and general bitterness. Please just do it right the first time.

I'm only here to help spread Corolla knowledge. Cheers.

Project.D
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Project.D » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:56 pm

Lowtekk wrote:
Project.D wrote:Yes, they are mostly likely Zenki (84-85) since the Kouki (86-87) went with a different design and had cloth material.

Thank you for part #s.

Leather is leather. Vinyl is vinyl. Calling one the other doesn't make a lot of sense, regardless of the amount of padding material behind it. I'm not calling you dishonest, but the hope is that you can now accurately describe the parts you have for sale.

If someone less familiar with these cars buys these door panels thinking they're leather and ends up with vinyl, it'll be a pain for everyone involved. Paypal disputes, return shipping hassle, and general bitterness. Please just do it right the first time.

I'm only here to help spread Corolla knowledge. Cheers.

Really??? Yo Dawg, please stop trolling, please. Thank you so much in advance.

LOUISDELEON
Club4AG Regular

Postby LOUISDELEON » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:20 pm

mud flaps still for sale ?
Thanks
Louis

Project.D
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Project.D » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:43 pm

LOUISDELEON wrote:mud flaps still for sale ?
Thanks
Louis

Yes. Two buyers before you flaked so they're available.

Please email me and I can have this these shipped in the morning.

CloudStrife
Club4AG Expert

Postby CloudStrife » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:28 pm

Nah I just didn't see your e-mail :)

If he flakes let me know and I'll still pick up the covers as well.

Project.D
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Project.D » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:15 pm

CloudStrife wrote:Nah I just didn't see your e-mail :)

If he flakes let me know and I'll still pick up the covers as well.

He flaked so they are yours. Question, you want the "covers" as in the Cibie light covers?

The AE86 OEM mudflaps and Cibie light covers are ready for pick up. I can ship as well. LMK!

email: project.d@mail.com

CloudStrife
Club4AG Expert

Postby CloudStrife » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:02 pm

I'll get back to you on e-mail, and yup, talking about the Cibie covers!

Thanks.

Project.D
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Project.D » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:23 pm

CloudStrife wrote:I'll get back to you on e-mail, and yup, talking about the Cibie covers!

Thanks.

No prob.

Project.D
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Project.D » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:49 pm

Bump for new parts!

- Bunta's Garage Sale

ga_goosh
Club4AG Pro

Postby ga_goosh » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:19 am

still have the coils? if so ill take them
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

CloudStrife
Club4AG Expert

Postby CloudStrife » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:35 pm

Hey man, won't be able to take those cibi covers or mudflaps right now, sorry about that.

Ian

Project.D
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Project.D » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:36 am

ga_goosh wrote:still have the coils? if so ill take them

Yes, sir! Email me.

project.d@mail.com

Project.D
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Project.D » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:44 am

CloudStrife wrote:Hey man, won't be able to take those cibi covers or mudflaps right now, sorry about that.

Ian

Hello, Ian! No worry. I appreciate the update. FYI they're still available if you still want them.

- Dr. V

yukesrevolver
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby yukesrevolver » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:14 am

@ OP

:lol: Leather door panels and rear interior panels. :lol: :lol: Made my night there.

Nice zenki VINYL GT-S interior though, should sell eventually, if you're flexible on price. Have fun and GLWS.

Btw, in 1986 Toyota gave the SR-5's the EXACT SAME material interior on the door panels that came on the 85 GT-S', while converting the GT-S' to the more desirable (even today) checkered soft-cloth. Guess they had a lapse in sanity for using a higher grade "vinyl faux leather" material on the lower trim level car.
85 GT-S Hatch (Bloody Panda)
87 SR-5 Coupe (white)

ga_goosh
Club4AG Pro

Postby ga_goosh » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:01 am

email sent
I <3 my AE86

4AG Manual
AE86 FSM

Disable adblock

Return to “AE86 Parts & Accessories”