Aukword1's Beams Swapped AE86

Jayrdee
Club4AG Expert

Re: Aukword1's Beams Swapped AE86

Postby Jayrdee » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:16 am

This is awesome
8===D~~ \\(*_*)//

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

grappletech
Club4AG Expert

Postby grappletech » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:55 pm

Glad incaught up to your build! It looks great!!!
87 GT-S Coupe Super Duper Clean
87 GT-S Coupe Beams 3sge (under construction because I'm slow and lazy and broke--- FML)
87 SR5 Coupe Shell. Who knows when I'll work on it.

T_AE86

Postby T_AE86 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:25 am

Nice work! I'm thinking to buy Weir axles too.

aukword1
Club4AG Expert

Postby aukword1 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:28 am

So this is where I am at now. Having a bit of fitment issues with getting both calipers to line up properly to the rotor. I will have to hit up the hardware store to get some 2 3/4" ID washers to act as spacers and figure out a way to get them both to line up. The quad caliper bracket was designed to fit with OEM axles so with the weir axles it will take a little bit of customization. If it was two Wilwood caliper's it would be fine so if makeshift spacers wont work I might go that route and ditch the oem ones. If all goes well the car will be off the stands this weekend finally!

Disable adblock

businessinuse
Club4AG Regular

Postby businessinuse » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:18 am

Post a video wot. Where the camera don’t fall off the dash haha. Only 6 views probably from me only.

aukword1
Club4AG Expert

Postby aukword1 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:15 pm

lol, no one was really supposed to see that video. I am in the middle of adding a wilwood proportioning valve because the one I had in previously was completely seized. So while I was doing that I decided to also has some hard lines to other set of calipers and install a hydro handbrake for shits and giggles. Should be done this weekend though and I will have a better video posted soon!

Autohaus_Z
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Autohaus_Z » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:38 am

Did you have to do anything special to bolt the ae86 slave to the J160? I ground part of the bellhousing away where the 86 slave fluid ports hit, but I guess I didnt grind enough because last time I tried to reinstall one of the ears cracked and broke off. But likewise I dont feel like I am getting complete disengagement with the factory altezza slave.
Owner. Car Make Autohaus. San Jose, CA.
RnD/Product Testing. Battle Garage RS.
Amsoil Dealer # 5615215
IG @Autohaus_Z for AE86 fun, T50 trans builds, and track life!

aukword1
Club4AG Expert

Postby aukword1 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:43 am

Autohaus_Z wrote:Did you have to do anything special to bolt the ae86 slave to the J160? I ground part of the bellhousing away where the 86 slave fluid ports hit, but I guess I didnt grind enough because last time I tried to reinstall one of the ears cracked and broke off. But likewise I dont feel like I am getting complete disengagement with the factory altezza slave.

Nah I didn't have to do anything special. I just removed all of the hard lines that the j160 came with and the brackets and it bolted right up. I didn't even have to grind anything down. What makes you feel like you are not getting complete disengagement? I actually swapped back to the J160 slave cause the slave's rod is a bit longer than the ae86 one but I didn't have any disengagement issues only engagement ones at first.

Autohaus_Z
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Autohaus_Z » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:54 pm

Going to the altezza slave shifting was definitely not as smooth as when I had the oem slave installed. A big difference in our set ups thought is that I'm 4age -J160 via SQ adapter.

I might have sorted it this afternoon though. I had a slave push rod from some w58 equipped car that was about 3-5mm longer than the altezza unit. Bled the system again and you can definitely feel the extra disengagement in the pedal. Shifts far better than before also.

I'm running an ACT plate and disk. Quick google search and DSM guys as also either shimming the pivot ball or running an extended rod due to ACT units.
Owner. Car Make Autohaus. San Jose, CA.
RnD/Product Testing. Battle Garage RS.
Amsoil Dealer # 5615215
IG @Autohaus_Z for AE86 fun, T50 trans builds, and track life!

aukword1
Club4AG Expert

Postby aukword1 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:30 am

Yeah it makes sense to run a longer rod in that situation. I guess you can always make a rod for whatever length you need as well. Glad you got it sorted out!

businessinuse
Club4AG Regular

Postby businessinuse » Wed May 02, 2018 10:18 am

Do you work for fortune auto?

aukword1
Club4AG Expert

Postby aukword1 » Thu May 03, 2018 7:47 am

I don't, if you are asking me. Anyhow, I just finished redoing almost all of my brake lines (minus the rear hardline) and added a hydraulic handbrake. The handbrake is setup independently to the rear wilwoods and I added a reservoir with all new lines. I will take some pictures later. Also, I would like to note that I had the driveshaft lengthened about an inch, so those of you that are or plan on running the jspfab mount kit w/ the xcessive driveshaft, ask them to make the driveshaft an inch longer. So I should just be able to bleed the system and the car should be off stands for hopefully a long time! Will update with pictures later.

businessinuse
Club4AG Regular

Postby businessinuse » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:31 am

Any updates?

Disable adblock

Return to “OWNERS and BUILDERS”