Speeduino? Arduino powered ECU?

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
Jayrdee
Club4AG Expert

Speeduino? Arduino powered ECU?

Postby Jayrdee » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:16 am

Has anyone ever heard of this?

https://speeduino.com/wiki/index.php/Speeduino

Hardware / feature list
https://speeduino.com/wiki/index.php/Overview

The arduino mega by itself is a pretty powerful micro-controller, and its all open-source so its easy to write code and upload it to the board. I see them all over campus with other engineering students too. For big EE / Programming nerds like myself, this is DIY ECU is super interesting. I browsed quite a bit through their forums and there's a few people that have them running on their daily driven vehicles. I wouldn't be opposed to giving this a shot with my AE86.

https://speeduino.com/shop/index.php
[I have no idea what I'm doing]

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

UNLIMITED 86
Club4AG Regular

Re: Speeduino? Arduino powered ECU?

Postby UNLIMITED 86 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:23 pm

If this were available when I was a broke-a$$ engineering student, I'd be all over it; Low risk/high reward. On a stock 16v?

I took a few Mechatronics classes that used a BASIC Stamp when I was in school. I had to build a robot that could handle a bunch of different obstacle courses. For the last test, each student set up their robot in a conga line (robot was programmed to follow/track objects).

Now, it sits on my desk at work. Whenever someone asks about it, I turn it on and they always get a kick out of it.
Make Club4AG Great Again!

Jayrdee
Club4AG Expert

Postby Jayrdee » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:58 pm

UNLIMITED 86 wrote:If this were available when I was a broke-a$$ engineering student, I'd be all over it; Low risk/high reward. On a stock 16v?

I took a few Mechatronics classes that used a BASIC Stamp when I was in school. I had to build a robot that could handle a bunch of different obstacle courses. For the last test, each student set up their robot in a conga line (robot was programmed to follow/track objects).

Now, it sits on my desk at work. Whenever someone asks about it, I turn it on and they always get a kick out of it.

Exactlyyyyy. I'm broke, so this is perfect haha. And yeah this would be going on a stock 16v. I'd like to do ITBs later too (just because they look cool) so having a programmable ecu is a must. I know the whole thing uses that TunerStudio software, but I wonder how in depth I could go in the arduino with my extra little coding background.

That robot sounds dope. I wish my university had more classes like that where you actually build stuff. I always do better in the labs, but since the University of Kentucky is a research school, they're all about the books/theory.

aukword1
Club4AG Expert

Postby aukword1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:47 pm

I think it would be fun just to build one of these just for the experience. If you can build a megasquirt you can definitely do this.

Disable adblock

jinx
Club4AG Expert

Postby jinx » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:32 am

build it and they will come

oem electronics r old now, n could use an upgrade
every old car forum can use a resident standalone-ecu guru
we have a megasquirt one on out starquests forum... he's made a helluva difference, in yielding some fast fun cars
I believe one of the early DIYauto guys was a member here.... MR2 4AG on their website might be him... James?

Jayrdee
Club4AG Expert

Postby Jayrdee » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:47 pm

jinx wrote:every old car forum can use a resident standalone-ecu guru

I like the way that sounds 8-)

I really think I'm going to do it sometime in the near future. I'm poor, and like aukword1 said, it sounds like fun and good experience.

Disable adblock

Return to “Fun Talk”