What PS bracket do I need?

saiGone
Club4AG Expert

What PS bracket do I need?

Postby saiGone » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:43 pm

The bracket I have sticks the idle pully out too far.
Currently running a ae101 block with a jdm Hi comp head.
I'm trying to get my PS working in my AE86

Anyone know what bracket I need? I think the one on it might be for FWD or Mr2?
Also what belt should i run? (no ac)

Thnx

Club 4AG member since 05 (Formally SaigonsSon)

JyuRoku
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: What PS bracket do I need?

Postby JyuRoku » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:17 pm

I know for my swap, we had to use the 16v crank pully with 3mm shaved off the mounting surface. Then used all the 16v accessories, including the waterpump.

jdm86gtz
Club4AG Expert

Postby jdm86gtz » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:37 am

If you are using the 16v type manual timing belt tensioner then use a rwd crank pulley and everything will line up.

saiGone
Club4AG Expert

Postby saiGone » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:10 am

JyuRoku wrote:I know for my swap, we had to use the 16v crank pully with 3mm shaved off the mounting surface. Then used all the 16v accessories, including the waterpump.

I'm running 16v crank Pulley/accessories.

Belts line up to every Pulley:
Alternator to crank - Good
ps pump to crank - Good

, except the idler pulley. It sticks out too far. Almost half an inch. PS belt rubs on the bracket.

phanist
Club4AG Expert

Postby phanist » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:31 pm

if you are using the ae86 16v PS pump and bracket it should line up with your 16v crank. unless that crank pulley is from the ae101 block it maybe different deep.
trying using all the crank ,bracket etc from the same block..... or maybe your idler pulley is not bolt down correctly ....if your PS pump pulley line up with your crank pulley then why not the idler pulley? it attach to the PS bracket noooo?
i think you have to use the same bracket from that accessory

saiGone
Club4AG Expert

Postby saiGone » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:27 pm

phanist wrote:if you are using the ae86 16v PS pump and bracket it should line up with your 16v crank. unless that crank pulley is from the ae101 block it maybe different deep.
trying using all the crank ,bracket etc from the same block..... or maybe your idler pulley is not bolt down correctly ....if your PS pump pulley line up with your crank pulley then why not the idler pulley? it attach to the PS bracket noooo?
i think you have to use the same bracket from that accessory

the ps pulley lines up with the crank. Its just the idle pulley sticking out.

They ps bracket and pump came out of a parts car, so I'm not entirely sure where it came from. (Was mated on my old jdm redtop)

phanist
Club4AG Expert

Postby phanist » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:46 pm

Hmmm

If all bracket and accessary came from the same source then i suspected that you some how not install the idle pulley in correctly .
I idle pulley is attach to the same bracket as the PS bracket which mount both idle pulley and ps pump pulley correct?
So if your ps pulley were able to line up with your crank pulley then why not your idle pulley if they were correctly installed.

Im out of idea. Sorry

saiGone
Club4AG Expert

Postby saiGone » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:06 pm

I'm thinking the PS pump is for RWD, but the bracket/ idle pulley is from a FWD ae92, maybe the same car the red top came from

phanist
Club4AG Expert

Postby phanist » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:51 pm

Sir

you have to use the Same Bracket for the same Ps pump... the idle pulley is mount on that same bracket.. as the pump.. so you have to use the bracket made for that pump assembly ... TT :?

jdm86gtz
Club4AG Expert

Postby jdm86gtz » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:58 pm

I'm using an AE92 pump on an AE86 P/S bracket but I swapped over the pulley as they are different diameter and maybe offset too.

phanist
Club4AG Expert

Postby phanist » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:57 pm

Reading his post a couple post up. He say that the ps pump pulley and crank pulley line up but the idle pulley on the ps pump bracket doesnt... That a bit weird.. There have to be some thing wrong about that idle pulley. Maybe it not bolt in correctly... ? From my understanding that idle pulley is there to guide the belt and tension of belt? So if the whole ps pump assembly work correctly together is should line up at least pump pulley and the idler should line up correctly but not the crank pulley... Maybe the OP have it mix up... The pump and idler line up but not the crank.... And way...
There seem to be missing some picture of the actual situation. Would help...

How is your altinator and crank? Are they line up? So exactly line up and what does'nt?

saiGone
Club4AG Expert

Postby saiGone » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:59 am

phanist wrote:Reading his post a couple post up. He say that the ps pump pulley and crank pulley line up but the idle pulley on the ps pump bracket doesnt... That a bit weird.. There have to be some thing wrong about that idle pulley. Maybe it not bolt in correctly... ? From my understanding that idle pulley is there to guide the belt and tension of belt? So if the whole ps pump assembly work correctly together is should line up at least pump pulley and the idler should line up correctly but not the crank pulley... Maybe the OP have it mix up... The pump and idler line up but not the crank.... And way...
There seem to be missing some picture of the actual situation. Would help...

How is your altinator and crank? Are they line up? So exactly line up and what does'nt?

Alternator is fine.

Im pretty sure i have the wrong bracket that has the idle pully too close to the block.
the ps pump is for rwd and lines up with the crank.

The bracket is probably for a aw11 or ae92 (possibly normally mated w. a longer ps pump to line up correctly in its original vehicle)

phanist
Club4AG Expert

Postby phanist » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:27 pm

Saigone

Hey if the ps pump is mounted on that bracket that also hold the idle pulley and if the ps pulley line up with the crank then? Why is that the idle is off align? From picture on first post... That look normal... On my the idle thingy is a bit off too like 1-2mm and it been running fine i rev my motor to 8k rpm...
Unless you some how using a rwd ps bracket and you have a fwd ps pulley install. And your crank is not a rwd to begin with... Like all above respond.. Match all your parts up

saiGone
Club4AG Expert

Postby saiGone » Mon May 19, 2014 8:24 am

Found a better pic. Hopefully you guys can see the odd dilema

phanist
Club4AG Expert

Postby phanist » Mon May 19, 2014 5:20 pm

Ok

Idk what an ae92 or ae101 crank pulley look like or length but
You seem to have the 16v bluetop ps bracket on now... So the ps pulley and crank are from same source and the bracket for ps is from a different source...
That crank pulley and ps pulley seem like a 20v bt set..

Your belt wont line up right... Ok so here what you can do for fast fix if want but i dont rekon it... Cut one rib off your belt ...put the belt on from front of crank just 4rib and ps pulley inside again exposing one rib on each pulley and the idle should be able to guide it....

I run my 20v bt with 16v bracket ps and ac unit... With bt crank and that is how i have it for 4month at least and i do rev my engine to redline occasionally no problem yet lol

Try it at your own risk or do it right and source all the same accessary all part from same engine.
Pm me your phone number i can text you some pic of my setup
Ttt