Can these be blocked of

SiLeNcEbOnE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Can these be blocked of

Postby SiLeNcEbOnE » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi see in pictures. Can i block those of?

ImageImageImage

Want to block the small hose outlets and remove the small hoses all together.
But don't know if it would hurt the engine..
Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Re: Can these be blocked of

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:47 pm

If you can't name the items you are trying to modify you are better off leaving them as they came from the factory.

Toy86
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Toy86 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:40 am

I would say No. Those lines are all part of your cooling system and if you block any of them off you might disrupt the flow of the coolant through the engine cuzing hot spots in different parts of the engine.

Now, if you planning on building a show car that just needs to move from point A to point by and the engine isn't going to be on for a long period of time then u can block those lines off to make for a cleaner looking engine/engine bay.

Really depends on what you are doing that for, if your daily driving, and drifting/autoX, and all the fun stuff we like to do with Hachies, don't mess with the cooling system.

jdm86gtz
Club4AG Expert

Postby jdm86gtz » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:57 am

I take it the engine is staying FWD.
At minimum you will need to keep the 16mm thermostat bypass pipe from the head coolant outlet to the thermostat. Oh and obviously the main 30mm radiator pipework.
There are two 8mm hoses feeding the throttle body(T/B) to provide cold running idle up, removing these will cause the engine to hunt at idle.
If you loop the heater hoses the engine may run too hot but if you fit a small restriction in the loop that should help.

SiLeNcEbOnE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Can these be blocked of

Postby SiLeNcEbOnE » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:40 am

yoshimitsuspeed wrote:If you can't name the items you are trying to modify you are better off leaving them as they came from the factory.

That is why i took pictures because i do not know what their purpose are or what name they gave them. I thought it might of been hose for the heater or some sort but was not sure

Toy86 wrote:I would say No. Those lines are all part of your cooling system and if you block any of them off you might disrupt the flow of the coolant through the engine cuzing hot spots in different parts of the engine.

Now, if you planning on building a show car that just needs to move from point A to point by and the engine isn't going to be on for a long period of time then u can block those lines off to make for a cleaner looking engine/engine bay.

Really depends on what you are doing that for, if your daily driving, and drifting/autoX, and all the fun stuff we like to do with Hachies, don't mess with the cooling system.

Drag car sir. Not street or drift intended.

jdm86gtz wrote:I take it the engine is staying FWD.
At minimum you will need to keep the 16mm thermostat bypass pipe from the head coolant outlet to the thermostat. Oh and obviously the main 30mm radiator pipework.
There are two 8mm hoses feeding the throttle body(T/B) to provide cold running idle up, removing these will cause the engine to hunt at idle.
If you loop the heater hoses the engine may run too hot but if you fit a small restriction in the loop that should help.

Where exactly is the thermostat? Is it the part behind the head in pic 3? And it has a custom intake, no hoses running to the throttle body. So those hoses are actually just connected together and don't go anywhere else.

Actually i asked if it was possible to block off the water outlet and move it to the backof the head, because i'm running a 5ft hose going to the radiator and wanted to shorten it.. But got no right answer.
My brother had has 7age with 16v head and had it blocked off with no issues but wanted to know for sure before trying so.

See here how his was done

ImageImage

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:11 am

SiLeNcEbOnE wrote:

This would be important to say in your initial post. The purpose of the car will effect what you can and cannot do.

SiLeNcEbOnE wrote:That is why i took pictures because i do not know what their purpose are or what name they gave them. I thought it might of been hose for the heater or some sort but was not sure

If you are building your own drag car the first step should be learning what everything is, what you need and what you don't.

It is much easier to figure out if something is a heater line or something more important than it is to build a motor or car that will do what you want it to do.
I assume you have an FSM. If so this will tell you most of what you need to know about what is what. Learn it and know it front to back.

SiLeNcEbOnE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby SiLeNcEbOnE » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:16 am

yoshimitsuspeed wrote:
SiLeNcEbOnE wrote:

This would be important to say in your initial post. The purpose of the car will effect what you can and cannot do.

SiLeNcEbOnE wrote:That is why i took pictures because i do not know what their purpose are or what name they gave them. I thought it might of been hose for the heater or some sort but was not sure

If you are building your own drag car the first step should be learning what everything is, what you need and what you don't.

It is much easier to figure out if something is a heater line or something more important than it is to build a motor or car that will do what you want it to do.
I assume you have an FSM. If so this will tell you most of what you need to know about what is what. Learn it and know it front to back.

This is why i'm asking sir, i'm here to learn. I want to know if it is possible to block it off. Why are you being that way?

If i can't come here and ask questions then i"ll go away if i'm bothering you.

allencr
Club4AG Expert

Postby allencr » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:40 am

Then yes, a 1/8-1/4mile engine may not need any external water circulation at all.
Good luck.

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:31 am

SiLeNcEbOnE wrote:
This is why i'm asking sir, i'm here to learn. I want to know if it is possible to block it off. Why are you being that way?

It's not that you are asking questions or that you are trying to learn.
It's that you aren't giving jack for info on what you are trying to do and made no particular effort to figure out the easy stuff first then come here to ask questions when you get stuck.

The FSM will show you most of this stuff more explicitly and faster than we can tell you.
It's like an encyclopedia on the subject you are asking about. We would have to write a whole book on the subject to cover it as well as the FSM does.

A quick Google search pulls up a rediculous amount of information on the cooling system.
4age water lines
https://www.google.com/search?q=4age+wa ... B730%3B699

https://www.google.com/search?q=4age+wa ... g&imgdii=_

https://www.google.com/search?q=4age+wa ... s&imgdii=_

You have been waiting two days for answers.
I pulled that information up in 30 seconds using only Google. If I wanted more info I would search this forum and a few other spots.

When you get to the point of having questions that can't be answered faster by searching it will help a lot to give as much info as possible on what you are trying to do. Otherwise we just wont' be able to give useful advice or we will assume you are trying to do impractical mods to a street car.
I'm not trying to be an ass, piss you off or chase you off.
Just trying to make the best use of all our time and available resources.

SiLeNcEbOnE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Can these be blocked of

Postby SiLeNcEbOnE » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:42 am

yoshimitsuspeed wrote:
SiLeNcEbOnE wrote:

It's not that you are asking questions or that you are trying to learn.
It's that you aren't giving jack for info on what you are trying to do and made no particular effort to figure out the easy stuff first then come here to ask questions when you get stuck.

The FSM will show you most of this stuff more explicitly and faster than we can tell you.
It's like an encyclopedia on the subject you are asking about. We would have to write a whole book on the subject to cover it as well as the FSM does.

A quick Google search pulls up a rediculous amount of information on the cooling system.
4age water lines
https://www.google.com/search?q=4age+wa ... B730%3B699

https://www.google.com/search?q=4age+wa ... g&imgdii=_

https://www.google.com/search?q=4age+wa ... s&imgdii=_

You have been waiting two days for answers.
I pulled that information up in 30 seconds using only Google. If I wanted more info I would search this forum and a few other spots.

When you get to the point of having questions that can't be answered faster by searching it will help a lot to give as much info as possible on what you are trying to do. Otherwise we just wont' be able to give useful advice or we will assume you are trying to do impractical mods to a street car.
I'm not trying to be an ass, piss you off or chase you off.
Just trying to make the best use of all our time and available resources.

No your just being an ass. I did google it and no where have i found info about if anyone blocked those off and if they ever had any issues just like when i asked on this board if i can block of the water outlet and move it over but no answer or if anyone else had tried it.

Only person i knew that had it blocked off was my brother and had no issues with it but i wanted a better answer then just what he had. Just because it worked for him doesn't mean it's done right.
Some things google wont give you an answer, i'm not after how the cooling system works, i'm after what i asked. Would it cause issues or not? Can it be blocked off or not? Can i block the water outlet and move it over or not?

A simple yes or no and reason is good enough, not to be an asshole acting like im idiot that doesn't know to google ****.
Again you have yet to answer my questions yet you can waste your time writing such a long reply with not the info i'm after.

But since it has gotten this far without it needing to be thanks to you, i'm going to block those off move the water outlet over as well and we will see how it goes, don't worry, i got spare parts so if it causes any issues it can be replaced if needed.

Thank you for your time.

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:04 am

YES as already said here you can block it off.

You could have at least figured out the name of what you were talking about so we didn't have to guess by pictures.

But I am still quite confident that Google would have answered your questions faster had you really wanted.
More importantly if you did just a little research and understood how the system works you would know that you can block off the heater lines.
In fact the hot/cold dial on your dash does exactly that. Switch it to cold and it turns off the flow on that circuit.

https://www.google.com/search?q=can+you ... lines+4age
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=1684&page=2

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forum ... 16481.html

That's directly searching for info on the 4AGE and took another 30 seconds.

SiLeNcEbOnE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Can these be blocked of

Postby SiLeNcEbOnE » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:19 am

yoshimitsuspeed wrote:YES as already said here you can block it off.

You could have at least figured out the name of what you were talking about so we didn't have to guess by pictures.

But I am still quite confident that Google would have answered your questions faster had you really wanted.
More importantly if you did just a little research and understood how the system works you would know that you can block off the heater lines.
In fact the hot/cold dial on your dash does exactly that. Switch it to cold and it turns off the flow on that circuit.

Yes i got my answer no thanks to you.

I also asked regarding the water outlet, i wanted to move it over and asked but no answer.
I'm just going to go ahead and do it and not ask here anymore.. If people are going to be this rude then no not going to come here and ask. I don't like people that are rude for no good reason or anyone that is negative all the time.

It was easier to ask for info that you needed instead of being so rude. I wouldn't reply in such a way to anyone that is asking for info even if they can google or not. If your here to help then help in a polite manner.

As i said i'm going to move the water outlet as well and update later on if there was any issues or not.

totta crolla
Club4AG Pro

Postby totta crolla » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:41 pm

SiLeNcEbOnE wrote:

I also asked regarding the water outlet, i wanted to move it over and asked but no answer.
I'm just going to go ahead and do it and not ask here anymore.. If people are going to be this rude then no not going to come here and ask. I don't like people that are rude for no good reason or anyone that is negative all the time.

It was easier to ask for info that you needed instead of being so rude. I wouldn't reply in such a way to anyone that is asking for info even if they can google or not. If your here to help then help in a polite manner.

As i said i'm going to move the water outlet as well and update later on if there was any issues or not.

:lol:
you really make it sound like it is some kind of priviledge to spend time answering your questions.
Go ahead and call people an ass but when you act like one there is no doubting who the real ass is.
Some of the stuff people ask questions about and demand an answer for have previously taken someone time, money and experimentation to work out, my guess is that you will be the one with the knowledge to pass on regarding your particular question.
So yeah, let us know how you get on....

SiLeNcEbOnE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby SiLeNcEbOnE » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:56 pm

totta crolla wrote:
SiLeNcEbOnE wrote:

:lol:
you really make it sound like it is some kind of priviledge to spend time answering your questions.
Go ahead and call people an ass but when you act like one there is no doubting who the real ass is.
Some of the stuff people ask questions about and demand an answer for have previously taken someone time, money and experimentation to work out, my guess is that you will be the one with the knowledge to pass on regarding your particular question.
So yeah, let us know how you get on....

Nope not at all.. I don't expect anything from no one. But it never hurts to ask does it? You're not in any way obligated to answer unless you want to. So i don't know how you see it as a privilege to answer my question. I did nothing of sort to obligate you to answer me.

And where i come from you got to give respect to get it, i've been good and didn't talk back untill i noticed he wasn't being nice since his first reply. So if you can't be polite and answer or ask nicely don't expect anyone to do the same back to you. I normally don't disrespect anyone because i do not think of myself that i'm above anyone else. No one is perfect but if you want to back up his atitude then you need to question yourself if you're doing the right thing. I wasn't rude untill i noticed he's just here to talk me down and not be helpfull. Everybody has been helpfull except him. He's been downtalking since his first reply so yes he's an ass or maybe he was already in a bad mood and thought what a good way to relieve some stress here.. I don't know.

And i did not demand an answer, i asked, if no one has an idea then i accept that. Not everybody knows everything just like myself.

Thanks to everyone that has been helpfull with info they could of provided.

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:00 am

Try to teach a man to fish and he will hate you for a lifetime.

There is enough information just in this thread and links contained within to answer your outlet question if you wanted to actually try to understand the system. If you had trouble finding the solution I could help you try to find the answers but since you have responded the way you have and only seem interested in being spoon fed answers I feel disinclined to acquiesce.
Good luck with your project and let us know how it works out.

LongGrain

Postby LongGrain » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:04 pm

So wait, you're building a "drag" car with a 4ag, and you dont even know where your thermostat is?

Good luck...

SiLeNcEbOnE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Can these be blocked of

Postby SiLeNcEbOnE » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:02 pm

yoshimitsuspeed wrote:Try to teach a man to fish and he will hate you for a lifetime.

There is enough information just in this thread and links contained within to answer your outlet question if you wanted to actually try to understand the system. If you had trouble finding the solution I could help you try to find the answers but since you have responded the way you have and only seem interested in being spoon fed answers I feel disinclined to acquiesce.
Good luck with your project and let us know how it works out.

Just like the way you responded. You provided some info in a rude matter, now think as if your calling customer service and they be rude with you, you won't like it.
I don't care who you are but give respect to get respect, once you starting being that way then you lost respect i would have for you. Like i said i don't think of myself that i am above anyone else. Anyone can always learn from eachother or from their mistakes. If you can be respectfull i can do the same.

LongGrain wrote:So wait, you're building a "drag" car with a 4ag, and you dont even know where your thermostat is?

Good luck...

Yup, according to info i got no where on this engine can i locate the thernostat so i'm guessing i got the engine without it. Because i removed all the water housings and found no thermostat. The books tell me different then what i have. So i'm confused to what i got. And yes it's been a drag car for years, now that i swapped it out into another car and doing a rebuild is when i found out it doesn't have one.
I purchased the engine already running and it was rebuild before i got it, so i didn't bother to check, threw it in the car and it ran it, didn't overheat.

LongGrain

Postby LongGrain » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:06 pm

an engine without a thermostat will never overheat...

SiLeNcEbOnE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby SiLeNcEbOnE » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:10 pm

LongGrain wrote:an engine without a thermostat will never overheat...

Ofcourse but the engine did go up to 190f so i thought it had a thermostat because without one it wouldn't go so high just at idle. But it did.
So if didn't have one why would it go up to 190f? It was running with a 3 core civic radiator and fan that's constantly running.
Remember this is how i got the engine, i did no modification except for slapping on a custom intake and exhaust manifold. Ot was already turbo but with stock intake but different exhaust manifold

jdm86gtz
Club4AG Expert

Postby jdm86gtz » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:12 am

What car is it? AE92?

This is an AE92 thermostat housing, it mounts over the C52 gearbox

SiLeNcEbOnE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby SiLeNcEbOnE » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:04 pm

jdm86gtz wrote:What car is it? AE92?

This is an AE92 thermostat housing, it mounts over the C52 gearbox

Was in a ae92 and that's whats missing. I thought maybe someone could of pointed it to be somewhere else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk