4K to 4AGE cnc distributor adapter group buy

mr2mk1hero
Club4AG Enthusiast

4K to 4AGE cnc distributor adapter group buy

Postby mr2mk1hero » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:45 am

A while ago I made a billet 4k to 4age distributor adapter for a customer on my cnc. I posted some pictures on Instagram and a few people asked me to make one for them. The deal is that making this thing one a time doesn't really make sense, so I decided to see if there's enough interest for a group buy. What I'm looking for is 5 people minimum to make this happen. The price will be 85$ including shipping to wherever you are on planet Earth.

You can see what my first one looks like in the images below. It's a plug and play adapter where you don't need to modify anything on the 4k distributor or the 4age head at all. Your only task is the wiring of the distributor and that's it. It's also completely reversible and you can go back to the stock 4age distributor at any time if you want. It also comes with a rubber o-ring. I have decided that it will not need this much adjustment and that the oval grooves for the bolts on the ends will not be as broad. The other thing is the position of the bolt hole for the 4k adapter. This location will also need be changed a bit as the vacuum canister of the 4k hits the exhaust manifold at a certain angle of adjustment. I would love some insight from you guys on what do you think would be a better location for the bolt hole for the 4k distributor.

So, let me know if you are interested in one. I will need 2 weeks to make them from the day of payment and expect about 2 weeks for shipping until you have it in your hands.

Cheers,
d4a

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwosUn ... xtqkNJ3Fbg
Check out my blog: http://www.driving4answers.com/
Heaps of 4A-GE and MR2 mk1 aw11 content on both.

oldeskewltoy
Club4AG MASTER

Re: 4K to 4AGE cnc distributor adapter group buy

Postby oldeskewltoy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:03 am

Nice product!

I'd recommend keeping that much rotation...
OST Cyl head porting, - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=300

Building a great engine takes knowing the end... before you begin :ugeek:

Enjoy Life... its the only one you get!

JdmBmw

Postby JdmBmw » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:58 am

Highly interested in this. Are you still making them? Or did you have enough interest?

Sprite
Club4AG Regular

Postby Sprite » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:40 pm

Nice looking part. I'm not familiar with this distributor swap. What is the advantage of using this dizzy?
Rick