Silvertop A/C Compressor

BlueAngel
Club4AG Regular

Silvertop A/C Compressor

Postby BlueAngel » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:01 pm

[img]hello 4age family,
I would like to here for the experts here, what a good conversion will be for my Silvertop A/C Compressor to a 1987 Corolla FX.
I have purchased 3 compressor so far since summer started and they all had the same problem.... Leaking.
is there any place where I can send any of them to get rebuilt? perhaps, provide me some guidance at what to replace that 442500-2220 with?
any modifications I can do to get my A/C to work with something easier to get if it breaks?

any advise of guidance will be very appreciated
Thank you all in advance for your help.

have a great day!

Corey20v
Club4AG Regular

Re: Silvertop A/C Compressor

Postby Corey20v » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:52 pm

Not an expert, haven't seen a 20v AC compressor either - have you run dye through the system and identified the leak to be coming from the pulley area of the pump?
There may be an o-ring that is replaceable between the pump and a manifold bolted to the pump. Sometimes its custom and hard to find replacements.. sometimes it is a simple pair of o-rings.

If in USA, browse rockauto for manufacturers that reman ac compressors for other similar cars and ask if they are willing to try yours.
1986 SR5->20V ST (WIP!)
Other toys: 1993 S13 Coupe, 1993 NA6 Miata, 1996 Z32 300ZX

sirolla

Postby sirolla » Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:46 am

BlueAngel wrote:[img]hello 4age family,
I would like to here for the experts here, what a good conversion will be for my Silvertop A/C Compressor to a 1987 Corolla FX.
I have purchased 3 compressor so far since summer started and they all had the same problem.... Leaking.
is there any place where I can send any of them to get rebuilt? perhaps, provide me some guidance at what to replace that 442500-2220 with?
any modifications I can do to get my A/C to work with something easier to get if it breaks?

any advise of guidance will be very appreciated
Thank you all in advance for your help.

have a great day!

Getting my FXGT redone with a 20V Silvertop in it with a working A/C. I can get you the new part number of the compressor my mechanic bought to rebuild the A/C System but will be visiting him this weekend. Will get back to you. I am in Australia though, so not sure if that will apply.

Cheers.

allencr
Club4AG Expert

Postby allencr » Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:46 am

Checkout YouTube for AC compressor shaft seal replacement/leak/fix.
Some are easy, some ain't, some special tools, some not.
Keep it CLEAN, no surface problems, scratches, nicks, whatever, on the 2 flat smooth surfaces that push against each other, and the shaft & housing.