Injector Plugs

ogdougynutty
Club4AG Enthusiast

Injector Plugs

Postby ogdougynutty » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:49 pm

Since i have converted to carburetors on my 4age, plugging the now useless injector holes have been a pain.

I found these rubber "stoppers" at home depot that work pretty good so far
link to the ones i used ->http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/202209567?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=stoppers&storeId=10051&N=25ecodZ5yc1vZ1z8&R=202209567#.UWsSonD5hvc

That is the best fit size, just a little wd40 and a good push they go right in and inside the port just take a razor blade and cut off the extra rubber that is hanging of.

This is how they sit in mine, it has allowed be to completely delete my TVIS (since i made my own manifold)

Some closer looks

I have driven around with them in and my car at full temp along with some full throttle pulls and havn't had a problem. Later this year i will be doing a drive up to fresno (i live in so cal). I will report on how they will hold after a long trip.

carbd7age
Club4AG Pro

Re: Injector Plugs

Postby carbd7age » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:42 pm

Much cheaper than the 16mm freeze plugs I ordered from England. Still will there be any issue with gas on the rubber?
Eric'sFreeAE86 from the old site
Knockoff Crew member #0001

ogdougynutty
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby ogdougynutty » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:58 pm

Honestly i dont think so, i cut off the excess rubber and i dont think it will be effected. I have a spare block that im rebuilding, so i thought now is the time to test and see what, if anything, goes wrong.

I just put these in thursday, so im going to give it about a month pull them out and see how they are. Also, place online i found makes the same style of stoppers but out of silicone(for the same price $.74 each, but comes out to $7 total with shipping) . So might be a guinea pig on those ones, only reason i didnt go for those ones right away, is because you have to order them and i didnt want to wait lol.

carbd7age
Club4AG Pro

Postby carbd7age » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:04 pm

Yeah you can't beat picking up something off the shelf. Keep us posted! I'm still going to buy the ones from T3 cuz I'm a slut.

ogdougynutty
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby ogdougynutty » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:39 pm

I didnt even know they started making those again, thats why i found these lol.

carbd7age
Club4AG Pro

Postby carbd7age » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:34 pm

I don't know if T3 ever made them before, NST used to make them. I asked NST to make some more and they told me to shut up and I cried, do T3 gets my money.

ogdougynutty
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby ogdougynutty » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:07 pm

Ah, i emailed T3 when i first did my carbs back in october last year, all they said they had was a prototype of one. And i got the same response from NST lol

808AE86inAZ
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby 808AE86inAZ » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:09 am

See Shops & Manufacturers page, T3 jus finished running a huge batch!
Step 1: Remove head from ass.

ay fu@k u ok, u don't kno me bra

http://www.eight08.net/features.html

ogdougynutty
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby ogdougynutty » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:32 pm

^ Haha same here, they came out of no where. Wish i could use them, but they look like they wont fit with the little clearance i have with my manifold. Shame for me though, they look great!

Makes me kinda regret putting these up now, hope people look past this and buy those, so T3 with continue to make them. Because those months i had with just running with the injectors in place sucked.(though it was fun messing with people telling them im running both haha)

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:20 pm

I have flanges available now if you ever want to upgrade to anything a little prettier hehe.
I can also fab manis, change out flanges and stuff for anyone who isn't able to.
http://matrixgarage.com/store/4age-fabrication-supplies

It's hard to tell without knowing how stiff they went in there but I would be a little concerned about those plugs getting sucked into the motor on a hard decel. I'd almost be tempted to leave just a little sticking above just to make it a little harder to suck in.

ogdougynutty
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby ogdougynutty » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:06 pm

The picture doesnt look like it but they stick out about .3 from the top. I dont really have a worry about them getting sucked through, top end measures 9/16th or about 15mm. I put them in and did some 1-2-3 WOT pulls and some hard decels in 2nd from 7k rpm to idle (at operating temp) no problems. But like i said i will report how they are in about a month.

Plus, those flanges look great, definitely will look into those when i get another 4age built. Contemplating running a Keihin FCR flat side set-up, but those will only come when i have a motor worthy enough lol.