4age 16v trouble reving. help please thank you!!

brokuroku
Club4AG Regular

4age 16v trouble reving. help please thank you!!

Postby brokuroku » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:51 pm

Hello fellow members hope all of your projects are doing well. I have almost finished getting my hachi on the road but now im having some trouble revving. I have modified my afm so that the flap door stays wide open, im running a stock fpr with a walboro 255 inline pump, and finally i have a 5 gallon fuel cell. Other than that everything else is stock. Now the engine starts and idles but won't rev up. I was thinking my modifed afm could be a factor so i'm actually picking a used non-modifed afm this weekend. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you and good luck to all of your builds.

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Re: 4age 16v trouble reving. help please thank you!!

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:36 pm

Modified so the flap door stays open? WTF and why?
This is your problem or part of it.

brokuroku
Club4AG Regular

Postby brokuroku » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:01 pm

I regret doing it, cause it wasnt idling. :oops: I just picked up another one thanks to my friend in jersey just now :D . I shall try again tomorow thanks guys. I didnt think it would be that big of a deal but i was mistaken with a little bit of research.

brokuroku
Club4AG Regular

Postby brokuroku » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:52 am

Well i installed the afm and definetly is better but not by much. I have an aftermarket tach thats telling me its revving till 2-2.5k. Im going to check my fpr and i shall return. If anyone has any suggestions it would be much obliged.