4AGE 16v Bluetop issues.....

Postby idreamofdrifting » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:25 pm

UPDATE

It was one loose spark plug wire.
plugged it back in.
all is good,
thx fellas,

special thx to Mike (kitsune)

So this morning I was gonna take the 86 out for a nice sunday ride having washed it yesterday. And it started sputtering like the engine is having a hard time. it was shaking unusually and i can smell unburned gas from the tailpipe. any ideas of what could be causing it? been driving it every weekend, and i would start and warm it every other day to keep it healthy. i should note that up until now the engine has been very healthy. this has never happened before. Ever. Help!
Last edited by idreamofdrifting on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

ogdougynutty
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: 4AGE 16v Bluetop issues.....

Postby ogdougynutty » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:39 pm

I would do the normal free tests. If the car will stay running pull the spark plug wires and see what happens

onnaj
Club4AG Pro

Re: 4AGE 16v Bluetop issues.....

Postby onnaj » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:53 am

Did you also washed the engine bay or just the car from the outside?

I did once cleaned the engine bay of my MR2 AW11 and after that it ran really bad. Seemed that water leaked through the spark plug cables onto the plugs. I took it out for a drive then with 180 km/h+ for about 40 km and then it was mostly gone but not completely. Within time it'll get better.

Otherwise it could just be a coincedence ...
Check my 4AGE 20V BT teardown, rebuild and transplantation over here --> http://club4ag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3382