Techno Toy Tuning Zero Ackerman Steering Arms now Available!

Gabriel Tyler
Club4AG Regular

Techno Toy Tuning Zero Ackerman Steering Arms now Available!

Postby Gabriel Tyler » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:41 pm

Zero Ackerman Knuckles and Outer Tie rods are now in stock! We have these for both the AE86 85mm strut spacing, and the MA60/MX73 90mm strut spacing configurations. Comes with your choice of length on the outer tie rods, to match your specific setup for $240 the pair!

Contact us through our website at http://www.TechnoToyTuning.com or drop us a call at 530-672-8600

Last edited by Gabriel Tyler on Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MisterJerk
Club4AG Pro

Re: Techno Toy Tuning Zero Ackerman Steering Arms now Availa

Postby MisterJerk » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:19 am

would these be a problem to drive on the street as a daily?

LongGrain

Postby LongGrain » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:38 pm

yes, I wouldnt daily drive with 0 ackerman knuckles.

Gabriel Tyler
Club4AG Regular

Postby Gabriel Tyler » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:49 am

These are experimental pro drifting knuckles only. Not good for street or road racing use. Not suggested for beginner drift.

Taka tried a couple sets out and his review said:

"Gabe, This is Taka.
Thank you for keep making great parts for AE86.
Finally I was able to try 0 ackerman knucke.

Overall, I like it!!

Tested on 2 AE86.
1 with 1 inch extended stock LCA with UEO style tension rod.
Alighnment-wise, 4 deg caster, 5.5 deg neg camber.
16X8 0 offset.

20 mm short location did not gain angle due to knucle hit tension rod bolt on leading wheel. actually lost angles. 1/4 toe out to 3/4 toe out( total toes) seems work. Very agressive transision from mid to deep angle.

Another 86:
Battle version arm. Almost 2 inch longer LCA. 17X9 + 6 wheel.
Caster is set at 3.5 deg. Camber is Neg 6 degree. 5/8 toe out gave us best drivability for 20mm short location.

Both car has AE86 P/S unit. Without P/S, Keeping angle deep with one hand ( tandem situation) is almost impossible. May be 15 or 14 inch tires are ok.

I will keep playing with toe, caster, and camber and let you know.

I have found two things for your knuckle after testing.

1: for people with stock LCA, due to thickness of the knuckles, they might not find full benefit of steering angle increase.
May be you can chenge the shape? or make them little bit thinner?

2: When I was tring to keep mid angle for speed, I was having tough time keeping the angle. It tend to go full lock position. The front tire angle change V.S. Steering Wheel angle change ratio seems like little bit too agressive.
15mm short and little more Ackerman than this knukle might give more smoother change.

If you have any question, please let me know.

With right alignment, we can do backward entry. It will require more power/speed to do that.
Transition feels a lot quicker. but at full lock, the car still does not travel like S13 or S14.

Thinner knuckles or close to factory thickness will for sure gives more angle for sure.
This weekend, I will do some testing with 15mm short, little bit Ackremen knuckle on stock LCA 86. I will let you know.

Thank you!

Taka

808AE86inAZ
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby 808AE86inAZ » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:33 am

Free bump, great seller, I jus got my front and rear coilovers, RCA's, lateral rod, and radiator shroud. All of um are really nice pieces, worth taking a ton of pix before installing and never seeing again :) Fast shipping and a pleasure to deal with, much mahalo's!
Step 1: Remove head from ass.

ay fu@k u ok, u don't kno me bra

http://www.eight08.net/features.html