Group buy on flanges, coolant fill necks and other items.

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Group buy on flanges, coolant fill necks and other items.

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:54 pm

I am getting ready to send some stuff out to the water jetter to get quoted. The more quantity the lower the price so if anyone want's anything now is the time.

One big item on the list is the piece I need to get cut for the AW11 coolant fill neck.
Once I get that cut I am all go to start producing these.
It's always hard to say what the final price is going to be but for the first run I am happy to aim on the low side just to get a run out and get an idea what it will take to produce them. This means the price could go up after the first batch. ;)
I will cap the price right now at $180. If we can get over 5 I will cut that to $160.

If you are interested in an aluminum coolant fill neck now's the time to jump on it.
These will be made with a mishimoto coolant fill neck and should be compatible with OEM caps and Mishimoto and other aftermarket caps.
The basic design doesn't include the hose holder that the stock one does. For the first run at least this will add $40 to the cost if you want it added.
Other than that it will be identical in dimensions and design to OEM.

Another item on the drawing board is a spacer for MK1noobs setup. He is currently using his TVIS plate to space out my 4 runner mani to clear the supercharger which is less than ideal. I am going to look into making him a plastic spacer plate that isn't split like the TVIS plate. This opens up a bunch of possibilities. If anyone wants to eliminate their TVIS this would work for that. If anyone wanted a thinner version to act as a thermal insulator we could do that as well.
If anyone is interested in anything like that then let me know.
As always I can also get flanges for intake manifolds for all gen 4AGE, supercharger flanges, throttle body flanges and more. If it's anything common that I don't have on file I'll draw it up for free. If it's not common my CAD rates are very cheap because it's one of my favorite parts of my job.

I have had some requests for stainless header flanges or other designs that SV3power doesn't offer so I have drawn up an exhaust flange.
If you want a basic mild steel 3/8" flange that works with 16v and 20v I won't beat SV3powers price and quality.
If you want a flange out of stainless or thicker material or a flange that doesn't have both sets of holes or something like that then let me know.
I will also have flanges available for the 16 valve and 20v header to downpipe.

I am in the process of fabricating my first customer oil pan. I ended up changing the design a little to help funnel oil from the pressure bypass to the sump. This will greatly improve keeping the sump full on hard right handers.
This does mean I will need to modify my design before the next order but the changes will be pretty small.
If you want an oversized oil pan now would be the time to get your order in.

If you need anything else waterjet, CNC'ed or anything like that now would be a good time to hit me up.
I hope to get an order in within the next two weeks. If something comes up that is more urgent I can always push it through as a single order but at a slightly higher cost.

ogdougynutty
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Group buy on flanges, coolant fill necks and other items

Postby ogdougynutty » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:45 pm

Im planing on making another intake set-up for my carburetors, how much do your intake flanges for a bigport run?

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:37 am

CNC machined is $105.
I could price one out water jet cut. I bet it would be a good bit cheaper but a little rougher around the edges.
http://matrixgarage.com/products/4age-l ... old-flange

LongGrain

Postby LongGrain » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:40 am

can you make a header flange for Beams 3sge?

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:24 pm

LongGrain wrote:can you make a header flange for Beams 3sge?

Yep. I would need you to get me a healthy preferably new OEM gasket to design off of.

ogdougynutty
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby ogdougynutty » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:36 pm

yoshimitsuspeed wrote:CNC machined is $105.
I could price one out water jet cut. I bet it would be a good bit cheaper but a little rougher around the edges.

Id rather have the CNC, i appreciate the offer on the water jet. But for 3/8's aluminum i would rather have CNC. Im waiting on my carburetors to get in so i can get measurements on the pipe i will be using.

LongGrain

Postby LongGrain » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:12 pm

yoshimitsuspeed wrote:

Yep. I would need you to get me a healthy preferably new OEM gasket to design off of.

i'm fairly certain I have the gasket, I also have the stock header.

ballpark price on this? Stainless preferably.

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:15 pm

ogdougynutty wrote:
yoshimitsuspeed wrote:CNC machined is $105.

Id rather have the CNC, i appreciate the offer on the water jet. But for 3/8's aluminum i would rather have CNC. Im waiting on my carburetors to get in so i can get measurements on the pipe i will be using.

No worries. I like to offer my customers options whenever I can to suit their needs and budget.
Let me know when you decide what you need.
You can also change thickness or any other parameters you might want to but the cost may reflect the changes.
One thing I remembered is the LP mani has the alignment dowels which wouldn't be an option with waterjet so you do gain that with the CNC piece as well.
Sounds like you have the fab covered but I do make manifolds if you wanted it fabricated as well.

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:19 pm

LongGrain wrote:
yoshimitsuspeed wrote:

I haven't gotten a stainless flange cut yet so I am not sure but this round I will be pricing out a SS flange for the 4AGE and the price should be about the same for a 3S.
Is the 3SGE different than the 3SGTE?
If flanges are hard to find or unavailable I would be fine with drawing this up for free then sending it out for a quote this go around or you can wait a couple weeks till I get a quote on the 4A flange.

LongGrain

Postby LongGrain » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:29 pm

Gen 5 beams motor (altezza) has different flanges than other 3s'. I have not yet found any off the shelf flanges available. everyone always has them custom made.

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:15 am

I'll send this 4A drawing in for a quote this week and get an idea on the cost for the 3S flange.

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:37 pm

LonGrain I sent out for a quote on the 4A mani. I should have a very accurate price for you in the next couple days.

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:24 am

LongGrain wrote:
yoshimitsuspeed wrote:

I am still looking for some other quotes because I'm not impressed with the quotes I have gotten back. So far for a single flange 3/8 SS would be about $175. Single flange out of 1/2" SS would be about $220.
Mild steel 3/8 " $138 and mild steel 1/2" $155.

With things like this quantity makes a huge difference though. If we could get 5 people in on it the price would come down considerably.

LongGrain

Postby LongGrain » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:47 pm

i don't really know that many people with this engine.