2002 Honda Rebel Bobber in BEASTMODE!!!!

donkayroo

2002 Honda Rebel Bobber in BEASTMODE!!!!

Postby donkayroo » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:26 am

Contact Info
donkayroo@gmailDotcom

For sale is a 2002 Honda Rebel bobber in great condition cosmetically and mechanically. It runs like a champ and averages over 65mpg. This is the perfect commuter/bar hopper for veteran bikers (not that I condone drinking and riding) AND the perfect starter bike. The bike is lightweight and extremely easy to maneuver. If you already own a motorcycle this would be the perfect addition to get that multi-vehicle discount with your insurance. Don't forget...if you have a bike but your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse doesn't...couples that ride together, stay together...in most cases.

What's the difference between this Rebel and all the others you see? This Rebel has been cosmetically modified for that nifty, clean bobber look that'll snap necks as you ride by and has an oversized 3.5 gallon tank for longer commutes before fill ups.

If you've always wanted a bike but are too intimidated by the process of getting your license, all you have to do is take the written permit test at the dmv for $32. Once you pass that (you get 3 chances and can use those chances in one day if you fail the first test) you'll receive your permit to ride and during that time you can sign up for a Motorcycle Safety course and receive your license after showing the dmv proof of rider course completion OR you can bypass the course and take the dmv test with your new rebel.

Make: Honda
Model: Rebel
Year: 2002
Displacement: 250cc
Mileage: 5,500
Title: clean title in hand
Service required: None
Leaks: No

Asking price: $3,600 obo

Thanks for looking!

FUNKMACH1NE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: 2002 Honda Rebel Bobber in BEASTMODE!!!!

Postby FUNKMACH1NE » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:47 pm

No offense, it's a clean bike.....but this is NOT a bobber. Not even close. Sits too high, no springer front end, no 21" front wheel, no hardtail, and no v-twin. I've seen some well executed British and Japanese bikes without the v-twin of course but yours definitely does not have that look. Looks more like a dirt tracker with white walls. But to each his own, GLWS.

donkayroo

Postby donkayroo » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:37 pm

FUNKMACH1NE wrote:No offense, it's a clean bike.....but this is NOT a bobber. Not even close. Sits too high, no springer front end, no 21" front wheel, no hardtail, and no v-twin. I've seen some well executed British and Japanese bikes without the v-twin of course but yours definitely does not have that look. Looks more like a dirt tracker with white walls. But to each his own, GLWS.

Woah woah woah!!!! LOLOLOL!!!! You were better off not posting and just keeping your opinion to yourself. You apparently have chopper mindset buddy. I don't even think you know the difference between a bobber or a chopper. If I said this was a Rebel chopper then I could understand your argument. Sadly you are very wrong and have been mislead to what a bobber is. In a nutshell...it's a stock bike with all unnecessary clutter removed, fenders "bobbed/shortened" from the original factory shape or completely removed...changing the bars out (although the clip ons give a sportier cafe racer feel)...in essence, it's making your bike which was once cluttered with huge turn signals, ginormous fenders, and simplifying the overall look for a minimalistic clean look. There are no rules saying bobbers need springer front ends, no rules saying they're to be v-twin hard tails. Those are the preferred looks because they appear more aggressive but those don't define a "bobber". You're confusing chopper and bobber bro. Stop where you are and try not to explain yourself. No offense taken...just a good laugh!

FUNKMACH1NE
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby FUNKMACH1NE » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:27 pm

LOL

So you're basically saying any bike stripped of unnecessary parts is a bobber. A streetfighter is a bobber too I guess, right? Sounds like you've been misinformed. Although, you are right about having things "bobbed" or removed. Your bike hardly executes or completes the look of a traditional bobber. This has been argued over and over on several forums and magazines, check it out for yourself. Please google "bobber" and "dirt tracker", and after doing so, tell me honestly which you think you think your bike looks more like. If you still think it's a bobber, you're lying to yourself. All you're missing is the scrambler type exhaust and all black tires to complete the look of a dirt tracker. Also, do yourself a favor and watch a documentary called "Choppertown" in which a true bobber is built before your eyes. My pops used to build bobbers, been around them all my life and currently have several friends that have true bobbers. Do your homework bud.

Dorifto-san

Postby Dorifto-san » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:05 pm

How about you stop being a punk and just let the dude sell his bike? ;)

John H.
Club4AG Expert

Postby John H. » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:39 pm

This is the motorcycle of my dreams! Such a beautiful bike! GLWS

-John H.

donkayroo

Postby donkayroo » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:20 am

FUNKMACH1NE wrote:LOL

So you're basically saying any bike stripped of unnecessary parts is a bobber. A streetfighter is a bobber too I guess, right? Sounds like you've been misinformed. Although, you are right about having things "bobbed" or removed. Your bike hardly executes or completes the look of a traditional bobber. This has been argued over and over on several forums and magazines, check it out for yourself. Please google "bobber" and "dirt tracker", and after doing so, tell me honestly which you think you think your bike looks more like. If you still think it's a bobber, you're lying to yourself. All you're missing is the scrambler type exhaust and all black tires to complete the look of a dirt tracker. Also, do yourself a favor and watch a documentary called "Choppertown" in which a true bobber is built before your eyes. My pops used to build bobbers, been around them all my life and currently have several friends that have true bobbers. Do your homework bud.

Admins and other members...I apologize in advance for this madness. I typically ignore anyone whoever unnecessarily responds but this one...I have to respond one last time. I promise if he responds again I'll ignore it. This isn't how I like my threads being bumped! LOLOL I go to work for a couple days and come back to another wonderful bump!

Ok FUNKMACH1NE...please stop comparing guavas to bananas and confusing people. That's great your pops was a builder...I'd love to chat with him and see his builds. It's always great shootin tha **** with others who like putting in work. Knowing you've been around bikes all your life...what are you riding out of curiosity? Sadly, for some reason, your expertise in motorcycles eludes you every now and then. We bike guys know that anything post 50's isn't gonna be an OG bobber...no shiznit! You kinda remind me of that Sicilian from Princess Bride. Which leads me to believe you're someone I know trying to mess with me...is this you Marco?!!! Damn you bastard I thought you got stationed in Japan! If not Marco, uh oh well. Let the other members decide what my wife's bike is, based on popular definitions.

I have yet another day to film so I'll leave a couple of my fav places for inspiration. Oh wait...since I'm not actually using "film" to shoot video...I'm not a "filmmaker"...I'm a "videomaker". That's right, my bad.

http://www.bobberrepublic.com/motorcycl ... oppers.php

http://www.classic-japanese-bikes.com/

donkayroo

Postby donkayroo » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:22 am

John H. wrote:This is the motorcycle of my dreams! Such a beautiful bike! GLWS

-John H.

Dorifto-san wrote:How about you stop being a punk and just let the dude sell his bike? ;)

Thanks guys, it's you who help me retain faith for mankindness! No sarcasm..I'm serious :D

previadrifter
Club4AG Expert

Postby previadrifter » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:48 am

Looks like a really fun summer rider. Just curious, are there tiny LED turn signal bulbs somewhere, or is it all hand signals?

MisterJerk
Club4AG Pro

Postby MisterJerk » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:51 am

I like it. Very clean and simple.

Have a free bump!