FS: 1986 ae86 gt-s coupe w/full ka24de swap/coilovers, fun!

jungledorifuto

FS: 1986 ae86 gt-s coupe w/full ka24de swap/coilovers, fun!

Postby jungledorifuto » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:48 am

317 654 one one 24
Tom b.

-------------------------------------------------

Im listing my ka24de swapped gt-s coupe due to trying to get my license back.

-----------------------------------------------

Basics about the chassis;

This is a 2 owner 1986 gt-s coupe with the original door decals un-touched under the ivory white paint

The title is clean with no bs and is ready to be in your name, it is an indiana titled ae86

The mileage on the title of this chassis is exempt but it is for sure under 150k

There is no structural or even surface rust areas on the under side of this car. It has been ziebarted

The least amount of rust ive ever seen in person on an ae86, ive owned a few and seen many

The current paint is 5 dollar a can grill high temp flat black and 4 dollar a can ivory white rustoleum.

It was painted with all intentions to have an 80s missile look

The front bumper is an original gt-s along with the toyota grill insert.

The front gts bumper also has a special air dam mounted below it, it matches the sideskirts and valence/diffusers

The hood is from an s12 200sx, instead of the stock ae86 hood that has a depression in the middle, the s12 has a raised section that has a better look to it imo. The mounting points for the stock ae86 hood hinges are a direct line up. The hood also utilizes hood pins, the stock latch assemble and brackets/cable are all removed.

The pop up headlight covers are also from the same s13, they match the hood and my headlight conversion more so than ae86 pieces do. (btw i have a friend near cinci with about 8 ful ae86 dog houses if you has s12 hoods and fenders.

This ae86 also has s12 fenders... why you ask? I was running -40 15x8s. the s12 fenders simulate a 20mm flared fender clearance while still lining up just right with the door line/trim. Ive also cut away from the fenders so at the front, they stop just like stock ae86 fenders. The s12 fender is a direct bolt on minus on 10mm bolt hole, other than that 5 other mounting locations line right up. I was also running 40mm plastic flares on top of those and still pokin rim haha. FLARES ARE ALSO FOR SALE BUT SEPARATE, UNLESS WHOEVER BUYS THE CAR WANTS THEM. They are currently uninstalled.

The cars sideskirts are an unknown abs 3 piece design, they fit perfect

The rear bumper shell is a custom made from another toyota, it was 30lbs lightser than the stock on and has a much lower clearance aka bodykit yo. The stock rear bumper support/foam are unaltered

The rear valence is custom/diffuser it also has two diffuser canards mounted and a cut out on the drivers side that is there for the fart can, However there is room to run dual 2.5" screamers if you change it or something.

The rest of the body is all stock gt-s

It has all original glass

80's jdm mirrors shipped in and have been on the car for a long time. I also have 5 way adjustable APR carbon fiber mirrors w/plates that look great but those would be more, they work great too

ALL window trim for the rear side windows IS included and in original condition(all in a box)

rear lights/assemblys/seals are in 10/10 shape and all bulbs minus one of the four rear running lights are working, brake lights/turn signals all work fine

The trunk is stock. The latch has been removed and it is now held with pins, which work great and the trunk has bump stops so it doesn't rattle at all

The pop up motors have been removed and are mounted at a 45degree angle, Ive also converted the headlights to 3.75x6" bosch headlight housings w/glass covers. They can accept HIDs if you please. They work great

The front upper radiator support is tubed now and the lower has a built in very reinforced bash bar/mounting bracket for oil cooler/intercooler or just an exteneded bash bar,.. without the bumper on it looks ready for battle

--------------------------------------------------
INTERIOR:

The interior and dash have been built. Modifications include; full custom dash top, dash front, heating controls (all from an s14 all work amazing)

The dash is covered in a a basic grey carpet material which is very durable but if you like girls then do it in plush leopard print, trust me ;)

The door panels are stock and in 8/10 shape, grey in color, interior door handles work great, so do the window assemblies and locks

All int/ext window seats are in great shape, still soft

The headliner is stock and 9.5/10 it really is in great shape

The front seat belts are stock, unaltered.

It has a billet slim shift knob with custom black leather boot

modifications to the custom made dash included;

mounted Stock s13heater controls (YES THE CAR HAS GREAT HEAD AND WORKING BLOWER MOTOR)

properly located and mounted s13 140mph speedo guage and tach. (not the entire cluster just those two) pics will show

switch panel for the following;
-cig lighter/12 output (w/on off power switch for it)
-wipers
-power to ignition
(unused)
(unused), was for a fuel pump setup but never changed any of that harness so it still stock gts fuel pump control but with an ka24de intanke fuel pump and z32 filter

The car has all matching back lit guages:

narrow band working air/fuel gauge which works fine

0-120psi oil pressure gauge which works like a charm

Voltage gauge, iirc it's from 1- 24volts, with the car off its between 12-13, running its nice at 14 ish no matter what

room for way more to be installed into the dash(two other perfect holes are pre cut into the dash (boost? water temp? egt? up to you)

no stereo but yea the door speakers have been upgraded. NO rear deck speakers

the rest of the interior includes, ae86 emergency brake handle(with no button for manual parking lock and drfiting fun) and complete 240sx cable and rear brake/ebrake assembly)calipers rotors hubs, ill cover the rest of that in a sec

The interior carpet has been replaced all around and is in great shape

NO REAR SEATS, sorry they suck any way, there is a panel that can be utilized for a sound system or to mount anything really. It's front mounting covering point starts just behind the front seats on the floor board and meet with the rear deck, it's in great shape> Good news is, its a quickly removable set up.

ALL rear seatbelt/hardware and rear interior trim/hardware IS included but in a box and is not installed

The steering wheel/dash framing (underneath the custom dash) is all stock gt-s. I like the lil stock gt-s steering wheel, concave and all :)

Hazard switch on the column works

Turn signal arm and bright switch works

gas cover latch/cable works fine

If you have any questions about the interior lmk.. on the the other details

---------------------------------------------------

The suspension/REAR drivetrain setup/modifications are as follows;

-stock gt-s rear diff, that HAS been rebuilt. It works as it should and is expected to for what it is no doubt, NOT abused either, this car has not been whored out by a noob on a drift lot evet, just drag raced a few times
-1995 240sx s14 rear calipers and rotors, which the main benefit is the ebrake, its very snappy and the entire setup weighs less than the stock gts rear brakes. Plus the s14 rotors/calipers are larger lol.

All 3 link suspension bushings are in great shape

The rear suspension is a 1 piece (per side) coilover with 6k springs and sleeves incorporated onto aftermarket shorter stroke shocks. They work awesome

The rear fenders have had the pinch plates rolled up near flat but no flaring has been done to the stock gt-s rear quarters

Custom 1 piece aluminum driveshaft that mounts to a 93 s13 ka24de transmission

Very well made custom transmission cross member that utilizes a stock design 240sx manual trans mount (the one on the car is a nismo)

The clutch is a built heavy duty SACHS racing.. (I love volvos and I love sachs hd clutches), it a very nice feeling pressure plate and never slips, snappy though! yet not harsh at all, it is a sprung setup (less than 7k on it non abused)

Flywheel has been resurfaced as well and is a stock 93 s13 spec flywheel

--------------------------------------------------

The suspension/FRONT drivetrain setup/modifications are as follows;

shop custom made/mated 24sx s14 lower subframe fit to to certain ae86 frame mounting points, MORE SOLID THAN ANY S14 WITH A 300 DOLLAR NISMO POWER BRACE LOL
This makes the current lower subframe reado for any inline nissan front sump swap, rb25 carolla? lol drops in now if you please. I like my ka's, i suck i know

Okay, The s14 lower subframe also utilizes 240sx front tension rods, front LCA'S which are all in good shape. Using 240sx LCA'S on a rolla with a s14 front subframe the front track of the rolla is increased about 2" total, which feels awesome, and it provides a good amount of front - camber.

The front AND rear sway bars are thick aftermarket shortened 240sx spec swap bars, that was done by a shop and as works great, they're powder coated red. with new endlink bushings

The steering rack spacers allow for the s14 knuckles to obtain a massive steering angle increase.

The front coilovers are JIC's for an s14

stock s14 knuckles that go with the s14 LCA's including s14 front brakes. good pads front and rear.

The front spring rates are 7k or 8k iirc, sorry i cant recall atm.

----------------------------------------------------

POWERTRAIN specificications:

1993 ka24de with a cleaned/rebuild s14 head, ALL s13 dizzy/intake manifold/cams/engine harness are stock. YEs the s14 head obtained the better 91-93 cams whens it was rebuilt

FRESH felpro headgasket and intake manifold, water pump, valve cover gasket have all been done in the last 5k. NO, IT DID NOT OVER HEAT, it was just replaced when the head was rebuilt to new spec

bpr7es ngk's

compression numbers rare 180psi COLD :), ive owned 6 ka24s and all but one were dual cams, maybe its because this one is in a 1900 pound carolla but it runs amazing

DNX brand(iirc) shorty header that goes to a 2.25 4-1 collector that is mated to a 2.5I.D. free flow exhaust that includes one resonator and one muffler, the exhaust was made custom and is thicker than your average crap mexhaust metal, mandrel bent as well with three hanger locations as well as an un-boltable test pipe.

Timing is set at base right now. I reccomnend +25btdc and 93 octane, its light enough that the added high end hp and slight tw loss is worth it, idles fine, no knock.

The intake is on the pssngr side, the maf harness has been relocated to support the 10" intake rather than the 4 foot plastic intake 240sx's usually have, i dig the added throttle noise and response.

A shop HAS replaced the rings and bearings about 7k ago. This is a strong ka, and i love driving it but i NEEED my license and i also have other projects.

The most recent engine repairs have been;

cap and rotor
plugs
oil change
/\all in the last 1k

The radiator and dual fan setup are from an s14 The belt fan has been deleted

Newer radiator hoses

Newer engine mounts

Please ask questions if you have any about anything.
the ka24de makes 153hp and 174tq ;) stock

jungledorifuto

Re: FS: 1986 ae86 gt-s coupe w/full ka24de swap/coilovers, f

Postby jungledorifuto » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:55 am

flares are not installed and the fenderes are not spaced out any longer.

The wheels mounted in the pic with it running/lights are on are the ones included

id be happy with 3500, let me know what you guys think :)

jungledorifuto

Postby jungledorifuto » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:21 am

jungledorifuto

Postby jungledorifuto » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:38 am

pardon the blurry pics, text/call if interested or if you have any questions