WTB Corolla GTS Hatch San Jose/Bay Area CA

stock86

WTB Corolla GTS Hatch San Jose/Bay Area CA

Postby stock86 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:40 am

Looking to buy a Corolla GTS hatch 5speed manual in good working condition, planning on using it as a daily driver.

Body must be straight. Color and year are unimportant. Prefer it to be stock or in mostly stock condition. "Low" miles would be nice, but not likely considering its a 30 year old car :lol:

Must have a clean title and no rust. Must be able to pass smog.

Located in San Jose/Bay Area of California.

My budget is ~4k give or take depending on what I can find.

Leave info/pictures here or I can email you if you have one for sale.
Thanks!

stock86

Re: WTB Corolla GTS Hatch San Jose/Bay Area CA

Postby stock86 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:28 pm

bump

stock86

Postby stock86 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:18 pm

bump

bay_ae86_area
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby bay_ae86_area » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:47 pm

Why is everyone's budget in the $4K pricing? Bro.......you better have a bigger perspective on great OEM Stock cars and spend a little more than finding these so called "great" running cars or "slightly" modified ones that you think are good candidates, but aren't. My .02$.

ryun84
Club4AG Expert

Postby ryun84 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:11 pm

bay_ae86_area wrote:Why is everyone's budget in the $4K pricing? Bro.......you better have a bigger perspective on great OEM Stock cars and spend a little more than finding these so called "great" running cars or "slightly" modified ones that you think are good candidates, but aren't. My .02$.

^ This. Well, there MAY come a time where you find a deal for the great condition, stock 86 sold by gramps, but you'd probably have to wait several years for that deal to pop up. Even then, no guarantees such a deal will come around or even if you'll be the first to jump on hypothetical deal when it does show up.

stock86

Postby stock86 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:20 am

bay_ae86_area wrote:Why is everyone's budget in the $4K pricing? Bro.......you better have a bigger perspective on great OEM Stock cars and spend a little more than finding these so called "great" running cars or "slightly" modified ones that you think are good candidates, but aren't. My .02$.

Well the $4k ish is more like a starting point. I don't mind spending a bit more for a decent stock 86, but I'm also open to see modded ones if they still have the interior intact. Nothing too crazy like a heavily modded track/drift car, as I want to use the car as a daily driver. Also doubt I'd find a perfect example ever aha. Mostly looking for interior intact, no rust, and can run :D . Maybe start learning some basic mechanics if the car just needs non-major fixes. Thanks for the advice though, will definitely keep it in mind :)

stock86

Postby stock86 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:22 am

ryun84 wrote:

^ This. Well, there MAY come a time where you find a deal for the great condition, stock 86 sold by gramps, but you'd probably have to wait several years for that deal to pop up. Even then, no guarantees such a deal will come around or even if you'll be the first to jump on hypothetical deal when it does show up.

The perfect examples that may come up will probably be like 10k+ I'd guess lol. If I can find a rust free decent 86 that could be used as a daily driver I'd be happy :D

stock86

Postby stock86 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:42 am

bump