WTB: everything interior

Kingcof22
Club4AG Regular

WTB: everything interior

Postby Kingcof22 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:17 am

Hi, I just bought my first 1986 gts and I want to restore the interior as much as possible. Things I am looking for, ac climate control console, very good and clean seats, both front seats and back. I would perfer a black dash if possible too. Mine is cracked and it drives me nuts. I am looking for a complete working cluster that would have come from an AE86 gts. My gas guage, doesnt seem to be accurate at all which concerns me. Anyways, Thanks for looking.

UNLIMITED 86
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: WTB: everything interior

Postby UNLIMITED 86 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:47 pm

I might have some stuff you'd be interested in
Where are you located? Coupe or Hatch?

Cracked dash pads are the norm. Get used to it unless youre willing to spend a lot of $.

The fuel level issue is likely caused by the sending unit inside the tank. Again, a common issue with this car. Sometimes, you can just clean the "wiper" contact to fix the issue. If the wiper is worn thru, you will have to order a new one. Just remember that the low fuel light is usually still accurate (assuming it's still working).
IG: unltd_86

Parts for Sale: https://offerup.co/profile/ae86

WTB: OEM Windshield, hatchback 3rd brake light, and a clean Kouki Trueno Front bumper (also willing to trade mine + cash/???)

Kingcof22
Club4AG Regular

Postby Kingcof22 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:39 pm

UNLIMITED 86 wrote:I might have some stuff you'd be interested in
Where are you located? Coupe or Hatch?

Cracked dash pads are the norm. Get used to it unless youre willing to spend a lot of $.

The fuel level issue is likely caused by the sending unit inside the tank. Again, a common issue with this car. Sometimes, you can just clean the "wiper" contact to fix the issue. If the wiper is worn thru, you will have to order a new one. Just remember that the low fuel light is usually still accurate (assuming it's still working).

hey, I have a coupe. I would def shell out the money if I can find a black dash uncracked. Thanks, this might sound stupid but how do i clean the wiper, with what kinda fluids or tools?

The mileage counter on the cluster does not seem to work either. I checked the fuses but those seem to be good

UNLIMITED 86
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby UNLIMITED 86 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:08 am

Kingcof22 wrote:
hey, I have a coupe. I would def shell out the money if I can find a black dash uncracked. Thanks, this might sound stupid but how do i clean the wiper, with what kinda fluids or tools?

The mileage counter on the cluster does not seem to work either. I checked the fuses but those seem to be good

Ive seen someone asking $900 a brand new dash pad. I need one too but I'm not about to spend that.

The fuel sending unit is basically a rheostat. I used fine sandpaper (600 grit??) to clean the oxidation off both contact surfaces.

If your speedo works but mileage doesnt move, the cluster is likely broken. If the speedometer doesnt work, it could be the speedometer cable or gear.
IG: unltd_86

Parts for Sale: https://offerup.co/profile/ae86

WTB: OEM Windshield, hatchback 3rd brake light, and a clean Kouki Trueno Front bumper (also willing to trade mine + cash/???)

Kingcof22
Club4AG Regular

Postby Kingcof22 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:10 pm

UNLIMITED 86 wrote:
Kingcof22 wrote:

Ive seen someone asking $900 a brand new dash pad. I need one too but I'm not about to spend that.

The fuel sending unit is basically a rheostat. I used fine sandpaper (600 grit??) to clean the oxidation off both contact surfaces.

If your speedo works but mileage doesnt move, the cluster is likely broken. If the speedometer doesnt work, it could be the speedometer cable or gear.

ahh thank you very much