Skylines

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
redroku87
Club4AG Expert

Skylines

Postby redroku87 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:33 pm

So...

If you could own a GTS turbo R32, would you do it?
Sure you have to buy it and all, and its not AWD and will need some TLC to function like a GTR sans the AWD.

Would you guys do it?

Toybrota
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Skylines

Postby Toybrota » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:55 pm

as long as it's not a FWD skyline, I'll own it haha

Clouds
Club4AG Expert

Postby Clouds » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:44 am

I don't see why someone wouldn't want one unless they had a deep and everlasting hatred of Skylines.
In other words, heck yeah I would.
There shouldn't be a day that goes by where you don't learn something new.

tchybrid
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby tchybrid » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:18 am

ARE YOU KIDDING??? personally a RWD skyline would be more fun to me. whoohoo!

SidekickChuck
Club4AG Expert

Postby SidekickChuck » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:21 am

Would I TAKE one? Of course. Would I BUY one? No. I would not want to drive a RHD car, even if its for weekends only, and if I were spending the money, it would go to something else.
Silver/Black 1985 ae86 gts Heavens Gate Corolla
2001 Carbon Black e39 M5
89' Supra Twin Turbo 1JZ (sold)

-zenki-
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby -zenki- » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:23 am

Yep. Been thinking about getting an r32 as my next car. They're getting pretty affordable overhere.
FLAWLESS VICTORY

redroku87
Club4AG Expert

Postby redroku87 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:28 pm

Yeah it looks like I am buying one.

Sedan or what ever.

redroku87
Club4AG Expert

Postby redroku87 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:49 pm

I has the money for this kind of ignorance.
I don't care if it smells like the underside of futurehachi's moms keister and runs like crap, Ill buy it.

morgan
Club4AG Pro

Postby morgan » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:01 pm

My friend had an r32 gtr, nothing but problems. Took it to the tail of the dragon and realized even more problems. Rocker panels covered in bondo, a-pillar, b-pillar, c-pillar all bondoed at roof line. Car turned out to be a mess. Dont get me wrong, it was tons of fun but you really need to inspect the car before buying it. Impulse on something like this will burn you. Then the govt started cracking down(this was a few years ago) and he parted it. Made about half back from what he spent on everything. Go for it IF youre sure its for you. Prepare to either let it sit in your driveway or dump a to. Of $ into it, after all it is a skyline, not a beginner car. If you thought the 86 costs a lot, hehe...
Be careful, that 3tc could spank you too. Already got m5's n stuff under its belt, lol
haha cali...i got one of your 86's and you're not getting it back.
My turd of an 86
20v swapped 86 write-up

futurehachi
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby futurehachi » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:09 pm

First off, yes. A gts-t r32 (rb25det) will be my next project after my 86

2nd, you're the most immature pussy ass "soldier" ever @redroku87...

redroku87
Club4AG Expert

Postby redroku87 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:50 pm

You see man you need this thing called $ to afford a Skyline.

Skylines cost $$$ and from what I gather you got caught trying to send people food stamps for parts.

So try again guy, you might want to rethink yourself on this one. And with something as pricey as a Skyline, your little Ebay parts will melt before you can get them with in 10 feet of the car.

I fully anticipate this thing running me 30 large if I go for this, and some BS 19 year old kids job won't afford that.
I'm a pussy? Tell you what kid, you get deployed three times. Then come talk to me.

LongGrain

Postby LongGrain » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:08 pm

I would drive a skyline if i got it for free.

I would not buy one. i'm not that into them.

plus they are RHD, and anyone who thinks that driving a rhd car in america is cool is a fucking 16yo fanboy. **** that ****.

redroku87
Club4AG Expert

Postby redroku87 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:33 pm

LongGrain wrote:I would drive a skyline if i got it for free.

I would not buy one. i'm not that into them.

plus they are RHD, and anyone who thinks that driving a rhd car in america is cool is a fucking 16yo fanboy. **** that ****.

You are DEAD right.
I drove around a RHD Legacy wagon and it really started to turn me off to the whole RHD drive thing really fast.
That, and I have kinda thought about this along the lines of bad idea because:

1. parts support will be slow and annoying.
2. good luck on insurance
3. the tariffs are going to be steep
4. did I mention RHD is really annoying?
5. the AWD tranny in that thing is worse to work on then an automatic I have been told, and automatics are in the realm of NOPE for most DIY stuff.
6. age. anything old is bound to have a surprise for me waiting somewhere on it *cough* my freaking ae86 *cough*
7. price jacking, anything that is able to be bought right now will cost triple what something I would have to wait to pick up would cost.
8. why? With the amount I would spend on this there are NSXs, RX7s, Supras and the like out there that would cost the same/less that with some TLC would be just as much fun to own.
9. cops.
10. cops.
11. cops.
12. fan boys. as if owning a black and white AE86 doesnt attract them already.
13. it's going to have STEAL ME written all over it.
14. did I mention I can see juarez from where I live?
15. lead feet+something that will require premium unleaded will not be good on the pockets.

futurehachi
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby futurehachi » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:50 pm

redroku87 wrote:You see man you need this thing called $ to afford a Skyline.

Skylines cost $$$ and from what I gather you got caught trying to send people food stamps for parts.

So try again guy, you might want to rethink yourself on this one. And with something as pricey as a Skyline, your little Ebay parts will melt before you can get them with in 10 feet of the car.

I fully anticipate this thing running me 30 large if I go for this, and some BS 19 year old kids job won't afford that.
I'm a pussy? Tell you what kid, you get deployed three times. Then come talk to me.

Well there's a buddy of mine that just put his up for sale locally for $9k. Which is far less than what I have in my 86. And I make $30 an hour, after taxes. Oh, what are food stamps? Never heard of those... and my little ebay parts? lmao. There ain't nothin cheaped on my car (that I've installed) r32s are easily attainable now that they are legal. And I call you a pussy cause you gotta be mr. Tough guy on the internet... dude pathetic. Grow the **** up. And let me know when you have every single bolt on your Car memorized. And I know where and how to get a gts-t as cheap as my '86... r32s are quite affordable. One of my friends in the uk owns an export business and can ship me one here for 3000 pounds. That's only $5200 XD

And as for the comments on the rhd. I agree. Rhd in the states is nothing great at all. My build will not be going on the streets when I finally roll around to buying one... it will be a track car only. With the rb25, parts are moderately easy to source, and aren't really stupid expensive. An rb25 engine and trans runs around $1700. And the bottom end is already pretty beefy because it can handle around 600rwhp. Without changing anything. Build the head, better manifolds, and a decent turbo and you're set. Built right, the rb25 is very reliable. Theres a 500hp rb25 swapped 240sx up the road from my house that is daily driven, and drifted. It's got over 45k on the swap with no failures.

That's just my 2 cents... I want one but I need a place with a garage before I can buy one because my 86 already grabs enough attention.

idreamofdrifting
Club4AG MASTER

Postby idreamofdrifting » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:00 pm

Crono0001
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Crono0001 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:06 am

futurehachi wrote:
redroku87 wrote:You see man you need this thing called $ to afford a Skyline.

Well there's a buddy of mine that just put his up for sale locally for $9k. Which is far less than what I have in my 86. And I make $30 an hour, after taxes. Oh, what are food stamps? Never heard of those... and my little ebay parts? lmao. There ain't nothin cheaped on my car (that I've installed) r32s are easily attainable now that they are legal. And I call you a pussy cause you gotta be mr. Tough guy on the internet... dude pathetic. Grow the **** up. And let me know when you have every single bolt on your Car memorized. And I know where and how to get a gts-t as cheap as my '86... r32s are quite affordable. One of my friends in the uk owns an export business and can ship me one here for 3000 pounds. That's only $5200 XD

And as for the comments on the rhd. I agree. Rhd in the states is nothing great at all. My build will not be going on the streets when I finally roll around to buying one... it will be a track car only. With the rb25, parts are moderately easy to source, and aren't really stupid expensive. An rb25 engine and trans runs around $1700. And the bottom end is already pretty beefy because it can handle around 600rwhp. Without changing anything. Build the head, better manifolds, and a decent turbo and you're set. Built right, the rb25 is very reliable. Theres a 500hp rb25 swapped 240sx up the road from my house that is daily driven, and drifted. It's got over 45k on the swap with no failures.

That's just my 2 cents... I want one but I need a place with a garage before I can buy one because my 86 already grabs enough attention.

A lot less than what you have in your 86? You mean the one that blew up?

You make $30 an hour, after taxes? Remind us again how your budget didn't let you do anything but rebuild your little 3TC. And you live somewhere without a garage? And you live in NEBRASKA? Do you know how cheap it is to live there? What do you spend all your money on? Dick?

Nothing 'cheaped' that you have on your car? Did you see those hood pics you posted? Those stickers on the back?

Calling people out? Who came to who's thread talking ****?

Keep your two cents. You're going to need it for all the ramen you'll be eating.

/thread

Crono0001
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Crono0001 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:17 am

As to the OP,

Your money would best be spent on something available domestically. The only reason you'd get an R32 is because you want to stand out and be unique: and I see the draw in that. But if that was the only reason you'd get a car, nothing else would really matter.

Else, your money can be spent on something more cost efficient, such as an Evo or a WRX. Same turbo power with AWD (assuming you get the GTR. And you shouldn't get anything less than the GTR now that 25 years has passed)

Toybrota
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Toybrota » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:27 am

I think for me if I had the money to spend on another sporty car I'd opt for the r30/31
Cause if Im gonna spend big bucks on a skyline I'd want to spend it on one I know I'd keep
I just love boxy cars. If I was incredibly wealthy and could afford many cars then yes I'd own an r32/33/34

redroku87
Club4AG Expert

Postby redroku87 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:56 am

Crono0001 wrote:
futurehachi wrote:Well there's a buddy of mine that just put his up for sale locally for $9k. Which is far less than what I have in my 86. And I make $30 an hour, after taxes. Oh, what are food stamps? Never heard of those... and my little ebay parts? lmao. There ain't nothin cheaped on my car (that I've installed) r32s are easily attainable now that they are legal. And I call you a pussy cause you gotta be mr. Tough guy on the internet... dude pathetic. Grow the **** up. And let me know when you have every single bolt on your Car memorized. And I know where and how to get a gts-t as cheap as my '86... r32s are quite affordable. One of my friends in the uk owns an export business and can ship me one here for 3000 pounds. That's only $5200 XD

You make $30 an hour, after taxes? Remind us again how your budget didn't let you do anything but rebuild your little 3TC. And you live somewhere without a garage? And you live in NEBRASKA? Do you know how cheap it is to live there? What do you spend all your money on? Dick?

Nothing 'cheaped' that you have on your car? Did you see those hood pics you posted? Those stickers on the back?

Keep your two cents. You're going to need it for all the ramen you'll be eating.

/thread

I LOVE A GOOD ROAST!

redroku87
Club4AG Expert

Postby redroku87 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:59 am

Crono0001 wrote:As to the OP,

Your money would best be spent on something available domestically. The only reason you'd get an R32 is because you want to stand out and be unique: and I see the draw in that. But if that was the only reason you'd get a car, nothing else would really matter.

Else, your money can be spent on something more cost efficient, such as an Evo or a WRX. Same turbo power with AWD (assuming you get the GTR. And you shouldn't get anything less than the GTR now that 25 years has passed)

I think I'll end up with an NSX.
Very sexy. Much different.

SidekickChuck
Club4AG Expert

Postby SidekickChuck » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:46 pm

Good choice, and their value has been increasing in the recent years. I considered getting an early NSX, but just never truly decided if I wanted that car. But I wish I had when it was on my mind. They were more plentiful and cheaper.
Silver/Black 1985 ae86 gts Heavens Gate Corolla
2001 Carbon Black e39 M5
89' Supra Twin Turbo 1JZ (sold)

redroku87
Club4AG Expert

Postby redroku87 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:01 pm

SidekickChuck wrote:Good choice, and their value has been increasing in the recent years. I considered getting an early NSX, but just never truly decided if I wanted that car. But I wish I had when it was on my mind. They were more plentiful and cheaper.

The trick is the location of the car/condition.

Much like my AE86, I know I'll dump a crap load of cash into restoration.

idreamofdrifting
Club4AG MASTER

Postby idreamofdrifting » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:49 pm

redroku87 wrote:
Crono0001 wrote:
futurehachi wrote:Well there's a buddy of mine that just put his up for sale locally for $9k. Which is far less than what I have in my 86. And I make $30 an hour, after taxes. Oh, what are food stamps? Never heard of those... and my little ebay parts? lmao. There ain't nothin cheaped on my car (that I've installed) r32s are easily attainable now that they are legal. And I call you a pussy cause you gotta be mr. Tough guy on the internet... dude pathetic. Grow the **** up. And let me know when you have every single bolt on your Car memorized. And I know where and how to get a gts-t as cheap as my '86... r32s are quite affordable. One of my friends in the uk owns an export business and can ship me one here for 3000 pounds. That's only $5200 XD

/thread

I LOVE A GOOD ROAST!

redroku87
Club4AG Expert

Postby redroku87 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:40 pm

This whole thing is delicious.

So futurehachi, how does it feel to have your manhood checked, fail, and get made to look like a moron in a perfectly executed, well delivered roast?

30 dollars an hour shooooooooooooot. I earn like minimum wage in the army lol.

Clouds
Club4AG Expert

Postby Clouds » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:14 pm

Well, crap. Crono just owned hachi. Grade A, grade a.
There shouldn't be a day that goes by where you don't learn something new.

redroku87
Club4AG Expert

Postby redroku87 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:44 pm

30 an hour?

Get real my fiance is a nurse and she earns only slightly more then that, and this moron is claiming he earns 30?

I suppose a dick sucked an hour will do it.