Abandoned Hachirokus...in Japan.

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
idreamofdrifting
Club4AG MASTER

Abandoned Hachirokus...in Japan.

Postby idreamofdrifting » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:18 pm

http://youtu.be/KM5loVaTUJs

Wow! so many AE86s left to rot, some with quality parts to boot!

A Levin rusted and rotted!

http://youtu.be/CV9yhAzRTZQ

Hindi
Club4AG Regular

Re: Abandoned Hachirokus...in Japan.

Postby Hindi » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:39 am

So sad!

This is like those animal abuse commercials on TV, only missing a sappy song.

idreamofdrifting
Club4AG MASTER

Postby idreamofdrifting » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:21 pm

A junk Hachiroku: Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX AE86

http://youtu.be/8lITZeyVE00

Thing just make you cringe!

saiGone
Club4AG Expert

Postby saiGone » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:16 am

idreamofdrifting wrote:A junk Hachiroku: Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX AE86

http://youtu.be/8lITZeyVE00

Thing just make you cringe!

That rust is unreal!
Club 4AG member since 05 (Formally SaigonsSon)

HingaSPL
Club4AG Expert

Postby HingaSPL » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:01 pm

It's not so bad anymore since most of them rotted to nothing, but back in the late 90's and early 2000's, there were neglected 86's everywhere. Even quite a few Ken-Meri and Hakosuka Skylines. I would find the owners to these carsand ask to buy them and ALWAYS got the same answer "Oh no, I plan on restoring it eventually". So the years would roll by and I would always keep tabs on these cars and watch them slowly rot to nothing. I begged one old guy. He had a sweet Levin coupe sitting on some gangster ass deep XR-4's. Car just sat under a tree next to his barber shop. One Hakosuka I saw had some deep ass R-type Watanabes on it. I wanted to buy that car just for the wheels. The car was done, but the owner wouldn't budge. After years and years of not understanding why these guys wouldn't give up their cars I was starting a new job at one of the Marine bases here. When I pulled up in my 86, one of the guys who worked under me ran up and said he loved my car, he looked her over really good and then blurted out in Japanese "I have a TE27, I grip", then he whips out this picture of this pristine orange 27 on some fat Hayashi's. I said Drive it to work!!! I wanna see it. He pokes out his pinky and says "wife won't let me". In Japanese society mostly the wives control the family money. I had one buddy who was a 86 guru. Dude taught me alot back in the day. But once he got married, his paychecks went straight to his wife and he got a 300yen($3) allowance a day for cigarettes. He had to give up his car, guy was miserable. So I imagine alot of these guys see their neglected car as their last chance at freedom and I'm sure that someday they do intend to restore it, but that day never comes.

idreamofdrifting
Club4AG MASTER

Postby idreamofdrifting » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:37 am

HingaSPL wrote:It's not so bad anymore since most of them rotted to nothing, but back in the late 90's and early 2000's, there were neglected 86's everywhere. Even quite a few Ken-Meri and Hakosuka Skylines. I would find the owners to these carsand ask to buy them and ALWAYS got the same answer "Oh no, I plan on restoring it eventually". So the years would roll by and I would always keep tabs on these cars and watch them slowly rot to nothing. I begged one old guy. He had a sweet Levin coupe sitting on some gangster ass deep XR-4's. Car just sat under a tree next to his barber shop. One Hakosuka I saw had some deep ass R-type Watanabes on it. I wanted to buy that car just for the wheels. The car was done, but the owner wouldn't budge. After years and years of not understanding why these guys wouldn't give up their cars I was starting a new job at one of the Marine bases here. When I pulled up in my 86, one of the guys who worked under me ran up and said he loved my car, he looked her over really good and then blurted out in Japanese "I have a TE27, I grip", then he whips out this picture of this pristine orange 27 on some fat Hayashi's. I said Drive it to work!!! I wanna see it. He pokes out his pinky and says "wife won't let me". In Japanese society mostly the wives control the family money. I had one buddy who was a 86 guru. Dude taught me alot back in the day. But once he got married, his paychecks went straight to his wife and he got a 300yen($3) allowance a day for cigarettes. He had to give up his car, guy was miserable. So I imagine alot of these guys see their neglected car as their last chance at freedom and I'm sure that someday they do intend to restore it, but that day never comes.

Wow! There's nothing like a first hand experience. @HingSPL, thx for sharing your experience. It truly is a shame, when some of these gems could have been rescued.
It is rather, a lesson to all of us really. But we all know how difficult it is sometimes to let go of something we truly cherish.

idreamofdrifting
Club4AG MASTER

More Grungy JDMs rotting away......is that a Hakosuka????!!!

Postby idreamofdrifting » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:41 am

http://youtu.be/VmqY_-oOjNI

Wait.....is that a Hakosuka?!!!!!

IndiaDorifto7
Club4AG Expert

Postby IndiaDorifto7 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:51 am

I see potential, real JDM rat rods anyone? Not the civic attacked with a sander and salt, but a legit rat rod shell collecting patina over the years.

-zenki-
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby -zenki- » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:39 pm

IndiaDorifto7 wrote: Not the civic attacked with a sander and salt,

Do people still do this? I thought that fad would've died out by now.
FLAWLESS VICTORY

IndiaDorifto7
Club4AG Expert

Postby IndiaDorifto7 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:28 pm

-zenki- wrote:
IndiaDorifto7 wrote: Not the civic attacked with a sander and salt,

Do people still do this? I thought that fad would've died out by now.

Yeah they do, it's kinda sad. rusting out a modern car destroys the car, it's not something cool. If you're going to do it, at least keep the galvanizing on (protects metal from rust) and spray iron paint over the car, that way the rust doesn't reach the car's mechanicals.

idreamofdrifting
Club4AG MASTER

Postby idreamofdrifting » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:00 pm

More rusted 86s... :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://youtu.be/J-k7MshBsIA