1992 celica at180 modding

1992at180

1992 celica at180 modding

Postby 1992at180 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:24 am

Hey all i am about to do the same project as floyd did with his 91 st. my question is i have heard that the 4afe blocks crank drilled oil spot is drilled at 90 derees and cannot hold more than 150hp safely..anyone know about this..but my plans are this. i am getting a complete engine rebuild kit, acl race bearings, acl rod bearings, acl main bearings, 193t cams, aem ems4 ecu, full wiring harness, custom pistons(lower compression if i find out the 4afe block is the same as the 4age block or higher compression if it is truely 90 degree crank drilled oil spot) reinforced crankshaft ladders and rods, and a smallport 4age head. then im getting engine sleeved and the head decked ported polished etc. im going to bore it out to a 1.8 litre. and down the road i am going to turbo it. i am also going to completely overhaul the c52 transmission and put in a stage 2 clutch...any thoughts on this would be helpful.. i have looked at getting a 4age and a 4agze but for the price of the engine it will be about the same cost as this build to get to my power goals and with this i wont have to worry about remembering what parts i get for my car and what i have to find elsewhere..lol