New to the 86

codywhitehead

New to the 86

Postby codywhitehead » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Hello, my name is Cody and I am new to the 86 world, this is it pretty much. I got it for my wife to learn to slide at some of the events and for me to drive to work everyday, not much to it right now just cut springs, bluetop, welded sr5 rear end. I bought it like that, but do have a good bit of things ordered to slowly make it a little better. PBM coilovers should be here monday, plus some other small suspension bits. The 16v is burning oil so I got a fancy silvertop for it, it's not in the condition I thought it was in, neither did the seller, so I am having rebuild it. Thought I would join here since everyone up here has been around the block with these a few times and I can learn a few things

Clouds
Club4AG Expert

Re: New to the 86

Postby Clouds » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:45 am

Welcome to the forum, man! Hope you find what you are looking for. :)
There shouldn't be a day that goes by where you don't learn something new.

codywhitehead

Postby codywhitehead » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:07 pm

Got the coils in and slapped them on the car, I like how they make the rear a real coilover. I need to stitch weld the shock housing to add some strength seeing that it isn't really designed to handle a coil spring. The car is purple right now, haven't finished because I keep buying out the hobby shop of paint and 3.5 oz of paint doesn't cover much. Waiting on my T3 tierods, steering arm, and panhard bar.

codywhitehead

Postby codywhitehead » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:20 pm

got the new tie rods, and lateral link on. I dropped the 20v head off at the machine shop to get it all fixed up so right now this is what the engine looks like until I get it back. What do you guys do with the fwd transmission that comes on the 20v? Is it usable for Mr2's or anything?

codywhitehead

Postby codywhitehead » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:53 pm

did a drift event with the new suspension, I got to say this car feels so good now, it has tons of grip. I could use a little more power, but eventually I will get the 20v back together and that should help with that.