Flat Rabbit Racing

llloyd
Club4AG Regular

Flat Rabbit Racing

Postby llloyd » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:50 am

Relocated to San Diego from Vancouver, in the process of getting the car imported so I can start running it at ButtonWillow, Streets etc.

Exhaust
Lowering Springs
Sticky tires
Quaife sequential transmission
What's next?

llloyd
Club4AG Regular

Re: Flat Rabbit Racing

Postby llloyd » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:52 am

Running a smallport right now, once I get it down here it'll be time for some cams. Currently looking at 272IN/264EX 8.5mm lift and some cam gears. Then I'll start building a real motor.

Apex-Wolf
Club4AG Regular

Postby Apex-Wolf » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:49 pm

Wow nice car, very clean. Welcome to Sunny San Diego :)

tchybrid
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby tchybrid » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:30 pm

WELCOME! Enjoy the Cali weather!

llloyd
Club4AG Regular

Postby llloyd » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Thanks! Are there any good shops down here I should check out? Or corolla/jnc type meetups? I know a few places in LA but nothing in San Diego.

llloyd
Club4AG Regular

Postby llloyd » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:11 pm

* Smallport 4AG
* Vibrant test pipe & cat
* PDM Racing custom fabricated intake
* JIC bullet exhaust
* TRD 4-1 header
* Mizu radiator

* Quaife sequential transmission
* Quarter master clutch
* Quarter master flywheel
* Cusco 1.5 way LSD

* T3 coilovers
* T3 camber plates
* T3 traction brackets
* Whiteline swaybars
* PDM Racing end links
* UEO Style pillowball tension rods
* UEO Style inner tie rods
* UEO Style lower control arms
* UEO Style pillowball lateral rods
* UEO Style outer tie rods
* UEO Style 4 link traction kit
* Quaife QSR
* XXR wheels (don't make fun of me)
* Kumho V710 205/50/15

* Sparco Rev+ seats
* PDM Racing custom fabricated roll cage

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:16 pm

Nice car and nice components list so far.
I didn't know Quaife made a sequential box for these cars. That must be fun.

Have you mapped out your engine build yet?
For 27X ish cams you will want to run a good bit of compression. If it was my build I'd probably aim for 12:1. Well honestly if it was my build it would be turbo haha but that's another story.
I also assume you are running aftermarket engine management or will be once all is said and done?
I have sold so many poncams and gotten back great reviews from everyone who has responded back I would suggest Tomei cams but they don't have anything in that range.
The Poncams http://matrixgarage.com/products/tomei- ... 64-81mm-ex are 264 and have proven themselves to be a very capable cam. Their Procams start at 288 but if I was going to step up above the 264s I'd at least consider them. Those with high compression and say 9k RPM redline should be a good kick in the pants. I don't have them on my website yet but I can get them.
http://www.tomei-p.co.jp/_2003web-catal ... G.html#pro
I designed some custom Wiseco pistons for a recent customer that should be much better than any other shelf piston available. It focuses on maximizing squish area and even comes close enough to the combustion chamber to use more of it as squish area. This piston was designed to be 11:1 and remain non interference with the poncams but for a build with a bigger cam it would be much better to sacrifice interference. In which case you could greatly reduce the reliefs and the dome while gaining some more compression with an overall flatter piston. I can also get pistons made by JE and others but I can get the Wiseco's for around $550 which is a hard deal to pass up.

DrAE86Toreno
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby DrAE86Toreno » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:18 pm

welcome to san diego! i just arrived here as well!...maybe we will link up one of these days and talk 86!...Ryceboy is also in San Diego and he is a cool knowledgeable guy...can also get you rare parts! welcome and cant wait to see it in person!

rekik
Club4AG Regular

Postby rekik » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:15 am

The build sounds awesome... i would love to see more pics of the goodies on the vehicle.

ryceboy_124
Club4AG Expert

Postby ryceboy_124 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:11 pm

DrAE86Toreno wrote:welcome to san diego! i just arrived here as well!...maybe we will link up one of these days and talk 86!...Ryceboy is also in San Diego and he is a cool knowledgeable guy...can also get you rare parts! welcome and cant wait to see it in person!

Martin lies...I know nothing and my 86 is a POS. :) Welcome to San Diego BTW. It's the place to be...not many places to go in Dec where it's 70 degrees. Hawaii doesn't count...Haha!!!

What part of San Diego are you in?

llloyd
Club4AG Regular

Postby llloyd » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:22 pm

yoshimitsuspeed wrote:Nice car and nice components list so far.
I didn't know Quaife made a sequential box for these cars. That must be fun.

Have you mapped out your engine build yet?

The sequential is a ford sierra type 9. Took some fabrication to make it work. Still working out some kinks with it, it's a bit too aggressively geared hoping a Weir Performance 4.8 final drive will make it a bit more reasonable. Might have to put the car on a diet get some FRP parts, real wheels etc. Engine is on hold until we figure this out.

ryceboy_124 wrote:What part of San Diego are you in?

I'm in Carlsbad.

We had the car out a few weeks back at Horsethief Mile with Extreme Speed but the transport company (that brought the car from Canada) had cooked the clutch/flywheel and only made it a few laps before it fell apart.