The Adventures of SHELLY, TURTLE and LOLA the CoLola

Turtle
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: The Adventures of TURTLE and LOLA the CoLola

Postby Turtle » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:52 am

Special thanks to onelungderryl, formerly smallport4ag, for planting the seed and showing that power windows are possible without paying through the nose. Links I found to his posts can be found below. (no longer working, booo.)

Chapter 11: Lola's off the Crank: A Window's Rise to Power

Once upon a time in a magical land called The Bay Area, something unusual was afoot.

It was Winter, and Turtles are supposed to be in hibernation. Hibernation activities are supposed to include:
watching television

playing MMORPGs

or sleeping in front of computers

This was not happening. Let's rewind to a about a year ago. Turtle was minding his own business when he noticed someone was trying to flag him down whilst driving.

Since Lola wasn't equipped with power windows, Turtle had no choice but to reach to the passenger-side crank and try to roll down the window. If one thought people swerve when they're talking on cell phones, try rolling town a passenger side window!

This is when Turtle wanted to seize fate by the boobs again. He ran a search on the model of his car and he scoured through classifieds for a set of power windows and matching door panels for the switches.

Yes, one million billion dollars. Apparently, even most of the GT-S model corollas were equipped with crank-operated windows. The power windows were also simply for the windows, there were no door locks nor switches equipped. One would be hard pressed to find a great condition set for a decent price nowadays. I guess for then, Turtle would have to put this idea on the back burner.
Let's rewind about half a year to last Summer. The Yay reached temperatures topping off at around 109 degrees Fahrenheit. Driving in traffic in 109 degree heat is way uncool.

It's less fun when one can't reach the passenger crank during the stop-and-go.

By this time, Turtle still wanted power windows, but he couldn't justify the cost. Plus, there just weren't any good sets being sold.

As Summer turned into Fall and then Winter, other projects were more important. Such as fixing (upgrading) the drive train by taming and installing Sharky.

However, while Turtle did get to enjoy a small measure of hibernation, he woke up in front of his computer and something caught his eye.

Interesting, a post on using parts from other toyota cars. Why didn't he think of this before?

http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=58996 (this is an archived link. as of 04-30-13, it works)

"Hmm... This is relevant to my interests" Turtle thought to himself. He investigated further. and found a few instructions:

http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=63592 (this is an archived link. as of 04-30-13, it works)

The write-ups didn't exactly provide a fountain of specific information in terms of how to install or wire all of it, but it was enough to get the gears in Turtle's noggin turning. He noted every useful bit that were on those postings and let his imagination take over. He tried what he could to think out of the box, especially for the switches, something that probably wouldn't be easy to integrate.

During the time Turtle was looking for a transmission, he had a secondary list of things to look for. The parts for the power windows:

regulators
switches
relay
wiring
door panels
The door panels he bought from a gentleman in Vallejo, so that leaves a few items at the junk yard.

The regulators were pretty easy to find and extract.

Steps 1, 2 and 3: Find, Unbolt, Yank.

then the hidden step 4: Laugh or cry.

The switches, wiring and relay on the other hand, weren't so easy to find. Turtle identified a target vehicle in which he wanted to extract all three, but unfortunately for this particular model, the switches are always the first to be picked off. It's like freaking catnip for the junk yard regulars.
However, Turtle always passes by them and takes a peek inside, just in case. One day when he was walking by one at the junk yard in the O A K, he was delighted to find everything he was looking for!

Now that he had all the parts, Turtle started to plan out how to install them into Lola. This wasn't going to be easy, as the regulators aren't a perfect fit, and the wiring is going to need to be completely custom! Turtle started small, though. He wanted to understand the fundamental characteristics of the regulators' mechanical motion. He found that it's much simpler than one might think. the regulators do one of two things.

Up and Down... Thank youuuu, Captain Obvious.

Turtle swapped the sliders as per the instructions. easy enough, though he had to dremel a bigger hole in two of the sliders.

The instructions say to slot the doors. Turtle was hesitant, but if he wanted power windows, a sacrifice had to be made and cutting had to be done.

after that and some other modifications, turtle was able to bolt the regulators in.

Over the years, Turtle gained experience in doing some wiring. He forced himself to learn how to integrate a supercharged harness to a GT-S harness. With this knowledge in tow, he was able to map out how to wire everything, including the aftermarket door locks he bought with an alarm years ago. It took a pretty long time to map it all out, splice and solder, but eventually it all came together.

It was really the soldering that took the long time, the wiring was relatively simple since he had diagrams to marry together.

The molded GT-S door panels are great and stylish, but not a good fit for this project. Turtle's idea was to take the naturally flattened, albeit a little frumpy SR-5 panels and add door handles that have the door controls already built in. It took Turtle a while to figure out what would be the best fit, but he found some that perfectly suited his taste.

The door panels Turtle picked up were of the maroon color scheme, so he took some time to paint and re-upholster them. He found some charcoal vinyl paint the local auto parts store, and some black canvas at the fabric store.

he was very pleased with the result. Frumpy no more, maybe canvas will catch on as a good re-upholstery substitute.

Working in the garage, Turtle used the day to finish up with the wiring and zip tie some of it together, just to clean up before some test runs.

as a side note, if Turtle could... He would zip-tie the entire world.

The test runs were a success! Aside from one polarity on one window switched, a 50-50 chance of something like that happening, every single connection was where it was supposed to be! Ah, the power of solid planning!

Turtle stepped back to look at his work. To him, the doors looked perfectly OEM. The vehicle he picked was a 4-door, but the panel was too good a fit to pass up. two extra switches in on the driver's side were an acceptable compromise.

Turtle was so excited that the windows were fully functional with few wiring setbacks. He was so joyed that he wanted to drive the car all around town with the windows down!

But as the garage door opened,

Turtle realized something.

It was still Winter and it just started raining right before Turtle was done. He can't drive with the windows down in this!

Epilogue:

Turtle was looking through the classifieds soon after Lola's windows was done and found something awesome.

He bought it right away and had it delivered to his door. When it came, he cleaned it up and installed it almost immediately.

Ta-daaaaa. A master switch plate that operated a two-door vehicle which was a perfect fit for the door handle Turtle had installed, as-opposed to the original 4-door switch he found at the O A K. It took about 15 minutes to re-pin and install. Turtle never thought he'd find one so soon as they're pretty rare, but it is the perfect item to complete Turtle's latest project. Hella rad!

Thanks for reading!

R
Last edited by Turtle on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reuterskiold
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Reuterskiold » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:32 pm

Missed you man, glad you're back on!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST WRITE UPS EVER

Turtle
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Turtle » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:44 am

Once upon a time...

Turtle and Lola drove through The Altamont Pass:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EDCcr1fNVvQ&feature=plcp

And then returned the other way:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cXBdHhKfNe ... re=relmfu#

Note: I didn't have any tape to position the microphone on the bumper over the exhaust, so I tossed it in the hatch. If you listen carefully, you can hear what's on my playlist. Enjoy peeking into my medicine cabinet.

R

yellowsnow4free
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby yellowsnow4free » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:38 pm

Turtle wrote:Image

Hey Turtle!

Did you reupholster the entire panels or just the section in the middle (darker black parts)?

They look great! :D

I was curious if you have any tips; I'd like to do this to my car some day (the back panels are getting worn from the sun) but probably in the original blue color :)

Keep up the good work!

ae86@661
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby ae86@661 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:20 am

Great build...glad to see you brought it back!

Where did you get the bellhousing from?

Turtle
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Turtle » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:25 am

The panels started out as maroon.

I bought a vinyl repair kit (which is basically a small cup of paste that looks like elmer's glue that doesn't shrink) to take care of the small cracks on the top from sun damage. wasn't pretty but it does its job filling in the cracks. If I had spent more time on them with the patterns that were enclosed, the repair might have looked better, but the cracks were so small that I didn't care.

After that I bought an upholstery paint, I think it's duplicolor brand from O'reillys (Then Kragen), the darker gray (i think there were 2 shades) and sprayed the vinyl and fabric part (The middle). The darker gray doesn't exactly match with the OEM gray as shown in one of the photos above (the 2 switch panel on the painted handle), but it's reasonably close. If you have a black interior, then you should have an easier time matching it with black. I have a partial black interior with a gray dash, so the black on gray worked out for me.

The paint adheres well to vinyl, but it's not the best on plastic. I have gotten quite a few chips off exposing the maroon. So if you have a plastic pocket, find a way for the paint to stick better, maybe sand it or prime it or something.

The maroon did not want to change color with the paint, so I went to the fabric store and found some black canvas. Went back to O'reillys and bought some 3M Upholstery adhesive, I don't know what the actual name is, but it makes a tacky foam. A really great product for what it does. I might have actually bought it at walmart, come to think of it.

The panel can be separated into 2 pieces, they're held together by some folded metal tabs IIRC.

The bottom of the canvas piece you cut will not have anything to wrap around, so make sure it's adhered well and to make a straight line, fold the bottom in. When the handle is re-installed, one might not be able to tell it's folded in unless they examine, in which case they're being weird and you have to tell them to stop.

after the canvas is wrapped and the glue is dry, cut your hole for the handle, don't cut a hole for the manual window lever (you won't need it anymore), notch the bottom holes so you can put the screw in. Use a pointed razor if you have one.

If you're using the same handle / switch set up as the one above, find the flat panel with just 2 holes, as opposed to the one with 3. The one with 2 holes is a shorter handle, the one with 3 is considerably longer. The ones that were available to me at the time were the 3 hole kind, so if one were to look closely, there's a hole in the door that doesn't exactly belong.

R

P.S. Bellhousing was bought from a private ad. I cannot confirm if it was from the Philippines or Australia, but it looks like one from the Philippines.

yellowsnow4free
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby yellowsnow4free » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Turtle wrote:The panels started out as maroon.

I bought a vinyl repair kit (which is basically a small cup of paste that looks like elmer's glue that doesn't shrink) to take care of the small cracks on the top from sun damage. wasn't pretty but it does its job filling in the cracks. If I had spent more time on them with the patterns that were enclosed, the repair might have looked better, but the cracks were so small that I didn't care.

After that I bought an upholstery paint, I think it's duplicolor brand from O'reillys (Then Kragen), the darker gray (i think there were 2 shades) and sprayed the vinyl and fabric part (The middle). The darker gray doesn't exactly match with the OEM gray as shown in one of the photos above (the 2 switch panel on the painted handle), but it's reasonably close. If you have a black interior, then you should have an easier time matching it with black. I have a partial black interior with a gray dash, so the black on gray worked out for me.

The paint adheres well to vinyl, but it's not the best on plastic. I have gotten quite a few chips off exposing the maroon. So if you have a plastic pocket, find a way for the paint to stick better, maybe sand it or prime it or something.

The maroon did not want to change color with the paint, so I went to the fabric store and found some black canvas. Went back to O'reillys and bought some 3M Upholstery adhesive, I don't know what the actual name is, but it makes a tacky foam. A really great product for what it does. I might have actually bought it at walmart, come to think of it.

The panel can be separated into 2 pieces, they're held together by some folded metal tabs IIRC.

The bottom of the canvas piece you cut will not have anything to wrap around, so make sure it's adhered well and to make a straight line, fold the bottom in. When the handle is re-installed, one might not be able to tell it's folded in unless they examine, in which case they're being weird and you have to tell them to stop.

after the canvas is wrapped and the glue is dry, cut your hole for the handle, don't cut a hole for the manual window lever (you won't need it anymore), notch the bottom holes so you can put the screw in. Use a pointed razor if you have one.

If you're using the same handle / switch set up as the one above, find the flat panel with just 2 holes, as opposed to the one with 3. The one with 2 holes is a shorter handle, the one with 3 is considerably longer. The ones that were available to me at the time were the 3 hole kind, so if one were to look closely, there's a hole in the door that doesn't exactly belong.

R

P.S. Bellhousing was bought from a private ad. I cannot confirm if it was from the Philippines or Australia, but it looks like one from the Philippines.

Thanks for the reply! :D I need to do the vinyl repair kit on my car actually. I think AE86Kai had a write-up on the old forum; I'll start there :)

AllenPDX
Club4AG Regular

Postby AllenPDX » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:19 pm

Do you happen to have a parts list for the power window set up you created? I don't have access to a lot of junkyards like you do so I really have to make my out of town trips count!

Turtle
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Turtle » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:45 am

During the time Turtle was looking for a transmission, he had a secondary list of things to look for. The parts for the power windows:

regulators
switches
relay
wiring
door panels
The door panels he bought from a gentleman in Vallejo, so that leaves a few items at the junk yard.

door panels are from a corolla
regulators are from a cressida
everything else: wiring, relay, switches you should find from one model car. MK2 supra, cressida, celica all might work (anything can work with enough know-how). many have used the celica switches because they seem to fit in the hole that the manual regulator pokes out of (advantage to having molded door panels and no access to the flat ones) my target at the yards was the 4runner.

this is a complete custom job btw. very little of it is bolt on or plug and play. you need to know how to solder and figure out wiring diagrams . I take no responsibility for burned out wiring or cars on fire. and make sure you fuse the setup where the diagrams say to fuse them.

R

AllenPDX
Club4AG Regular

Postby AllenPDX » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:17 pm

Turtle wrote:

regulators
switches
relay
wiring
door panels

door panels are from a corolla
regulators are from a cressida
everything else: wiring, relay, switches you should find from one model car. MK2 supra, cressida, celica all might work (anything can work with enough know-how). many have used the celica switches because they seem to fit in the hole that the manual regulator pokes out of (advantage to having molded door panels and no access to the flat ones) my target at the yards was the 4runner.

this is a complete custom job btw. very little of it is bolt on or plug and play. you need to know how to solder and figure out wiring diagrams . I take no responsibility for burned out wiring or cars on fire. and make sure you fuse the setup where the diagrams say to fuse them.

R

Thank you!
That was exactly what I needed to know. I completely understand that nearly none of this is plug and play.
Keep up the good work!

Turtle
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Turtle » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Once Upon a time in a magical land called The Bay Area, Turtle and Lola went to Slide Your Ride 2013.

http://youtu.be/kp9LkIo8zcg

R
Last edited by Turtle on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Warren

Postby Warren » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:17 pm

But did not slide?

Turtle
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Turtle » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:49 pm

Once upon a time in a magical land called the Bay Area, Turtle and Lola drove over the new span of the bay bridge westbound:

http://youtu.be/_vBCC3np_xQ

R

Turtle
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Turtle » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:50 am

And then Turtle and Lola eventually returned from whence they came (new Bay Bridge span eastbound):

http://youtu.be/gCXw-CglMPQ

----

Once upon a time... Chinatown, Red Light District, Bay Lights from The Embarcadero.

http://youtu.be/OTT-ZK2lRtM

Turtle
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Turtle » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Last edited by Turtle on Wed May 20, 2015 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

AZNWOKZ
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby AZNWOKZ » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:28 pm

Keep on GOING!!!! :D

joel23
Club4AG Regular

Postby joel23 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:20 pm

nice stories along with the tech info..... :mrgreen:

Turtle
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Turtle » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:07 pm

I have interrupted Chapter 12: Add a 'Z' and halted production on it because my heart's currently not in it. I have instead started a little fiction with an FB friend which I will be posting here very soon, still car related for the most part. I will continue to add it here. When this is out of my system, I will resume with Add a 'Z'.

R

Turtle
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Turtle » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:27 pm

Turtle Presents:

The Adventures of Turtle and Lola the CoLola: B3ar Trapp3d!

A WORD TO THE AUDIENCE:

I started “The Adventures of Turtle and Lola the CoLola” as a car build log. I found time during work to doodle silly pictures and decided I should arrange them in such a way that it ‘sort of’ tells the story of the trials and tribulations of becoming a car enthusiast, in my case for the 1984-1987 Toyota Corolla, also known by its chassis code AE86. I have named mine Lola, to pay homage to the dude who sold me the car.

A lot of this to a new reader may not make a whole lot of sense in the context of what’s being mentioned in this particular story, so here is a link to that build log entitled as one may or may not have guessed, “The Adventures of Turtle and Lola the Colola”:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1123

Along the way I developed a character called Shelly. She started out as Turtle’s buxom but silent and reasonably faceless assistant in the build, mainly because I was just tired of drawing Turtle all the time. In the doodles, I’d draw just her lips with her eyes covered by her hair or her face cut off at the top of the picture. One day I had an idea of telling a story of how they met.

One might have wondered why I never show her whole face, or why she likes to wear a half-face respirator most of the time. The author’s answer is that I wanted to draw something steampunk inspired, and I love the way a respirator looks like on a chick. The story’s answer is that it’s what she was wearing at… The time she was activated. If you still can’t be bothered with that, let’s just say that Shelly is a magical creature who makes **** happen for Turtle. The face being partially covered at all times could also mean that Shelly could look like anyone, ignoring the body type and hair color, that is.

Lastly, I don’t claim to be the best at what I do. I have lots to learn and need more time to practice to get things right, but I do love telling stories with pictures, so if you think something looks off or the way I draw doesn’t look like the person I’m trying to draw or there’s a typo or grammatical error, dunworry bout those things. It’s an amateur webcomic that I’m drawing because I love to do it. I seek no profit from it aside from the satisfaction that I’ve done it.

So with that said, sit back, relax, and enjoy a story that I have had the pleasure of writing and drawing with the permission, the input and the artistic freedom that B3ar Dellinger has bestowed upon me. She's awesome, go like her on Facebook! Here's the link:

https://m.facebook.com/B3aRDellinger

https://m.facebook.com/B3aRDellinger

I’m leaving this story open ended for now, so more content will be rolling in.

Peace in your hood!

Turtle
Last edited by Turtle on Wed May 20, 2015 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Turtle
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Turtle » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:17 pm

B3ar Trapp3d! Part 1: The Amazing Vanishing CoLola!

Once upon a time in a magical land called The Bay Area, Turtle was about close up shop. What was supposed to be less than a 3 hour task turned out to be a nightmare install with one part refusing to budge. Turtle was doing a manual rack swap in Lola when one part of the install, the removal of the steering column’s intermediate shaft hit a roadblock because it was stuck, just frozen in place. Without the room to leverage a proper hammer, he sought help on the netz but to no avail. Shelly wasn’t much help as she was distracted on her phone and Turtle didn’t feel much like telling her what to do. Feeling frustrated, he packed up and called it a night.

The very next day, Turtle was supposed to find a solution to the stuck shaft, but instead found himself staring at status updates and photo albums.

He was browsing his FB friend B3ar’s album because he admired that she is very capable of doing her own work and even driving / drifting her own cars! A true enthusiast for the cars she owns and still a girl!

As Turtle lazily flipped through his phone, he jokingly made a remark that set a series of events in motion.

For you see, Shelly is a very special Anime Robot girl (See ‘Chapter 8: When Turtle Met Shelly’: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1123#p10623). Stan made sure of it as he endowed Shelly with very special abilities, magical abilities if you believe more in fantasy than science fiction, unbeknownst to Turtle.

And also unbeknownst to Turtle is that Shelly’s programming dictates that she does what Turtle tells or asks her to do, which is unfortunate, because he doesn’t ask her to do a whole lot.

Turtle’s last remark triggered something within Shelly. It would appear that Stan installed some sort of teleportation device in her somewhere! Yeah, Stan! Yeah, Science!

Suddenly a strong breeze encircled Turtle and Shelly.

The breeze strengthened into a swirling vortex! Turtle covered up and closed his eyes, he just couldn’t take all the debris flying right into his face! But at least there weren’t balls in the air.

Now you see them,

Now you don’t. Turtle, Shelly and Lola vanished from The Bay Area. Never to be heard from again.

No, that’s not right. Shelly done bent time and space. They’re embarking on a fantastic voyage.

End Part 1.

Turtle
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Turtle » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:31 pm

Part 2: Che Yeah, Humidity.

Once upon a time in a magical land called Valdosta GA, A young woman was about to finish a rebuild.

She wrenched on the final bolts, satisfied that another project was coming to a close.

But as typical as the humid weather is in Valdosta, wearing coveralls is often ill-advised.

She's at the end of the project anyways, there's little need for covering up.

Wrapped around her waist is good enough for now. Two more turns of the wrench and...

Suddenly a strong gust of wind bursts into the scene! WTF!

And along with it, two people and a car appear out of the blue??? It would appear that Shelly's teleportation was a success!

The young lady approached the recently appeared Turtle and Shelly, but it just doesn't seem like the young lady is weirded out at all of this strange phenomenon that just happened. Just like any other Tuesday.

And it would appear that this young lady somehow knows who Shelly is! Maybe FB friends?

Turtle tried to get his bearings, but he just didn't understand how the scenery changed right before his eyes and who this woman is who magically appeared.

Turtle just couldn't believe his eyes. He doesn't know what hit him in the head, but he intends not to wake up from this dream he's having.

End Part 2.

Clouds
Club4AG Expert

Postby Clouds » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:17 pm

I love this! Great work, Turtle. I think it looks awesome.
There shouldn't be a day that goes by where you don't learn something new.

AZNWOKZ
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby AZNWOKZ » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:10 pm

Im so glad you are still doing this! such a fan

basementstarlets
Club4AG Regular

Postby basementstarlets » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:39 am

Epic dude.....love it.

Turtle
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Turtle » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:48 am

B3ar Trapp3d! Part 3: When in doubt use fire. When on fire, I hope you remembered to keep an extinguisher handy.

Once upon a time in a magical land called Turtle’s head, he found himself in some kind of place called… Valdosta Georgia?

This didn’t make a lick of sense to him as in dreams he rarely feels what the weather is like, and he found himself oddly uncomfortable in what felt like 86% humidity!

Not only that, but it would appear that in this dream, Shelly seems to have split in two and this Shelly Doppelganger calling herself B3ar is actually trying to say something to him. DoppelShelly also bears a strange resemblance to a woman he recently befriended. ForRealsShelly is actually in the back still ignoring what’s going on, as usual.

But what’s this? It would seem that DoppelShelly and ForRealsShelly are just... Staring at each other intently? This is a strange dream indeed!

Wait, how did she know that? They didn’t even say anything to each other!

ZOMGWTFBBQKITTEN.

DoppelShelly, rather, B3ar went right to it. She approached Lola confident with the solution that Turtle just didn’t have the time to figure out the day before.

She quietly stared at Shelly for a few seconds and they began to work in a strange silence, Shelly handing the right tool to B3ar every time she held out her hand. This dream just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

There’s a point that one passes when he or she just accepts that they’re dreaming, still sleeping and they’ll wake up when they wake up because this dream is awesome. A capable import model with whom she just met online and bears resemblance to his partner is working on his car in silence with said partner. That qualifies as that point, and Turtle intends to ride this wave until he hits the shore.

End Part 3

YoShImUrA
Club4AG Expert

Postby YoShImUrA » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:55 pm

Keep 'em coming, Turtle. I was hooked up from the first post.

Your friend,
"El Matador"

Turtle
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Turtle » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:25 am

B3ar Trapp3d! Part 4: The Friend Level Where He’s Sometimes Asked To Cat Sit.

It took about 5 minutes to remove the shaft. 5 whole minutes, but Turtle was still very grateful. He wanted to return the favor by helping out with something.

Although Xena was pretty much done, maybe Turtle could put away the tools or something.

It was already evening and light was becoming scarce. That means no more fixing anything, so it might be time to go. However, what B3ar said next was rather unexpected.

B3ar took Turtle’s hand and this is when Turtle feels like he’s taken the red pill.

And the red pill is…

Awesome…

Sauce.

Turtle learned three valuable lessons that evening: 1) That B3ar might be the coolest chick east of the Mississip, 2) Shelly somehow knows how to drift Lola without ever driving her beforehand, and 3) People clearly drift down the streets to get where they’re going. Like making a fanning motion down a straightaway and then going sideways around the bends like on a closed track. Lots of tires appear get sold in Valdosta. Except to people with FWD. Unless they do that e-brake flex thing. Or like to launch on like, a straightaway or something.

End Part 4

Turtle
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Turtle » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:56 am

Took a short break but now i'm back in it with this short story for practice. Stay Tuned for more B3ar Trapp3d!

The Adventures of Turtle and Lola The CoLola: Drift Yaris

Part 1:

Once upon a time in a magical land called The Bay Area, Jayekitty was skateboarding through the Highway 9 Vista parking lot in front of her trusty daily driver, a Yaris that she calls "Racecar".

All of a sudden, she was rudely interrupted by some dudes in a car behind her.

They clearly couldn't be bothered driving around her and were prolly just trying to attract attention by flexing their car like they were all hardcore and junk.

After they "zoomed" past, Jayekitty shrugged off the encounter, skated a little more and then headed back down Highway 9. Shortly after she started driving, she noticed a light on her dashboard had turned on.

Jayekitty knew that there was a friendly shop nearby, so she drove right on over. Sure enough, Turtle, Ongchamp and Shelly were there.

And was promptly greeted by Shelly who almost poked her eye out. #shortgirlproblems

Jayekitty peeked over Shelly to let Turtle and Ongchamp know of her issue

and they were happy to oblige.

Turtle popped open the hood and immediately knew what was wrong with the car.

He told Jayekitty that they'd take care of it and to take Lola for the time being.

Jayekitty was hesitant, but Turtle reassured her it was no problem

as long as she didn't crash her.

As Jaykitty drove away, Turtle and Ongchamp began to seek solutions for this puzzling problem that they were faced with.

Image.

Drift Yaris: Part 1 end.

Clouds
Club4AG Expert

Postby Clouds » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:30 pm

Turtle! Glad to see a new post from you :D
There shouldn't be a day that goes by where you don't learn something new.

Turtle
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Turtle » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:55 pm

Once upon a time in a magical land called The Bay Area, Turtle and friends drove to Slide Your Ride 2014 at Toyota One Oakland.

http://youtu.be/zrUK5pmCOPc

R