Buddy Club Over Axle?

Nick94tt
Club4AG Expert

Buddy Club Over Axle?

Postby Nick94tt » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:09 pm

Pulled this off a coupe last week to go with a much quieter setup. Couldn't manage to find anything through google/here/buddy club/ebay/etc. Haven't tried giving BC a call yet, thought someone here might recognize it.

Knockoff, obscure model, figment of my imagination?

Previous owner was full of surprises, this was one of many things attached to the car via hope and prayer. :lol:

flipkc

Re: Buddy Club Over Axle?

Postby flipkc » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:06 pm

That's a Buddy Club Spec 2 catback exhaust. I have one for my hatchback. Yes, it's super loud, and terminates just short of the USDM bumper, but it's awesome and super light. I may have to weld a muffler/additional resonator in-line, but I do like the simplicity of it.

edit: Mine is also under-axle...I did not know they made them in over axle for the 86.

SidekickChuck
Club4AG Expert

Postby SidekickChuck » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:47 pm

You mentioned that you are going to a quieter setup. Are you interested in selling that one?
Silver/Black 1985 ae86 gts Heavens Gate Corolla
2001 Carbon Black e39 M5
89' Supra Twin Turbo 1JZ (sold)

Nick94tt
Club4AG Expert

Postby Nick94tt » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:35 pm

flipkc wrote:edit: Mine is also under-axle...I did not know they made them in over axle for the 86.

Hence my confusion and this thread. :D It mirrored the oem style replacement over axle setup.

SidekickChuck wrote:You mentioned that you are going to a quieter setup. Are you interested in selling that one?

Eventually. Trying to figure out exactly what it is I have so I can go about finding a fair number. Previous owner looked shocked when I told him it was the first of many parts coming off the car. Likely trading a local for a set of wheels/tires in 4x114.3 so I can get rid of the adapters and 4x100's currently on the car.

I can do loud, but this sounded like what I imagine you'd hear if you walked by a hive of africanized honey bees raping a kazoo inside a steel trash can. :lol:

meifert
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby meifert » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:06 pm

I just bought one of these. The only way to get an under axle is to special order it.
1984 Corolla SR5.....banana on wheels
Buddy Club Spec 2 Over axle, T3 Test Pipe, T3 Bomber Bar, T3 Ultimate Rear Brace, Enkei Apache 2 wheels, (Weber carb and Cam not installed)

Cheap, good or fast.....pick two.