Relay Clicking Under Dash When Decelerating!

86love

Relay Clicking Under Dash When Decelerating!

Postby 86love » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:16 pm

I own an 85 Gts coupe, So when I've barely got the pedal down, from giving it hardly any gas at all, to stomping on it, as soon as I let off the pedal completely and quickly a relay under passenger side dash clicks once, every time I hit the gas, push the clutch in it makes one solid *click* and I can't really figure out which relay it's coming from, and why it'd do that when everything work's properly. I've confirmed it's a relay, and my grounds are good, I just need answers because it's annoying..

Jeff Lange
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Relay Clicking Under Dash When Decelerating!

Postby Jeff Lange » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:38 pm

Do you have some sort of custom intake and your AFM is not mounted at the original almost flat angle? Often times in cases like this gravity is pulling the flap closed and causing the circuit opening relay to disengage power to the fuel pump, as it thinks the engine has died (no airflow) in an effort to prevent fuel from continuing to flow in case of an accident or similar.

Jeff

86love

Postby 86love » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Thanks for your input, Everything's original besides most emission's being deleted. That makes total sense but it is mounted in the same position as oem would have them mounted, like I said it's all stock everything's original.. i'm lost lol. I may need to clean my maf and try?

Jeff Lange
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby Jeff Lange » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:41 pm

Could help.

You should see if you can find out exactly which relay it is as well, make sure it's the COR for example.

Removing the glove box will probably help.

Jeff

86love

Postby 86love » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:06 pm

What's also strange, is when it's not fully warmed up, it doesn't "click" It has to be the main circuit relay, has to be. My guess anyway, it's hard to tell when all I hear is exhaust, lol. But when I open the glove box, I can hear it good while driving. And it didn't start doing this until about 3 weeks ago, also I ran the ol 4age through second about a month ago, bounced it off redline, when I got to my house and pulled in the driveway from speeding down my road, it randomly started idling properly, in fact I had to turn the idle up and it is a new air idle control valve, brand new, was replaced last year. And I bled everything properly, until about a month ago it's always idled around 2 grand constant, warm and cold, until now. So that's at least a good thing.. lol.