CX Racing Exhaust Manifold Problems

kingofkings757
Club4AG Regular

CX Racing Exhaust Manifold Problems

Postby kingofkings757 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:48 pm

So I bought CX Racing Headers, installed them and tried to run it with my Greddy DD Exhaust. I ran into a fitment problem and was told to purchase a test pipe from T3 and replace my catalytic converter. Purchased the test pipe and now that does not with the Greddy DD Exhaust nor is it long enough to reach. Its perfectly fine with the CX headers its just bot lining up nor long enough to reach the Greddy DDs. Im planning on towing it to a exhaust shop. Any other suggestions?

phanist
Club4AG Expert

Re: CX Racing Exhaust Manifold Problems

Postby phanist » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:11 pm

Are you sure u didnt mount your exhaust too far back?

kingofkings757
Club4AG Regular

Postby kingofkings757 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:19 pm

phanist wrote:Are you sure u didnt mount your exhaust too far back?

I may have..are they suppose to be able to fit with each other?

phanist
Club4AG Expert

Postby phanist » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:48 pm

Never own a cx racing header before so not sure they measure up. But a worth a look at.
I have trd header and fitted three different exhaust with it and no problem with the fitment ..
But have heard of issue with the obx header but not cx..
Sorry

BryceWSJ
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby BryceWSJ » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:00 pm

i have the cxracing headers as well. i just ordered my test pipe from T3 and i have an HKS sport exhaust. so i'll let you know if it bolts up. should have it by thursday. the gap looks small enough to where a cat would fit.

Nick94tt
Club4AG Expert

Postby Nick94tt » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:14 pm

kingofkings757 wrote:Any other suggestions?

How long is the gap? If I had the choice, I'd go for flanges to make pulling it in sections possible (massively easier than banging out slip joints and a bit of flexibility for fitment)

What the previous owner thought was a "fix"... :roll: Cutting off the manifold flange before the cat, welding in 2 straight sections slipped inside each other, then saddle clamping the .... out of a smaller piece between that and the flanged catback. Points for commitment. :lol: In their defense, it didn't leak (no backpressure to cause one... :lol: )