4age bigport tps connection Q's

jrae82
Club4AG Enthusiast

4age bigport tps connection Q's

Postby jrae82 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:50 am

Okay I have a ae82 bigport bluetop. My tps connection is broken and is held on with tape lol. My tps is the first gen tps. The short round connection one. The same tps connections can be found in the aw11 and ae86's. So I've notice that the ae92 came with a longer connection tps for the bigport.

So my questions is can I just rewire the ae92 bigport connection (which would allow me to use the tps) and run with out a problem????

The only difference i see is the connection is longer. So I'm assuming I can just cut my old connection off and rewire the new connection in. This will let me be able to use the longer bigport connection tps. Reason for me doing this is because the 2nd gen/longer connection bigport tps is cheaper to buy from the parts store.

1st gen/ short connection $215
2nd gen/long connection $90

Seems like a lot to read lol sorry but appreciate the help

jrae82
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: 4age bigport tps connection Q's

Postby jrae82 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:58 pm

Info for anybody out there. Just found out the 87 fx16 gts came with the first generation bigport tps and the 88 fx16 gts came with 2nd gen bigport tps. So I'm assuming interchanging them won't affect the performance. Im going to swap over the plug and tps in a couple of days. I'll let u guys know what happens

jrae82
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby jrae82 » Mon May 05, 2014 4:41 pm

It works!!! Swap it over and adjusted the tps. It runs like a champ.

Pretty sure it will work the aw11 as well. Also will with the ae86 just need to swap over butterfly bracket thingy.

Its a nice upgrade. No more annoying c clip thing. Know the connection just clips in. Also its a cheaper price tps.
They are also abundant at junk yard. A lot of bigport ae92's there.

ZINCHOTRAN
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby ZINCHOTRAN » Wed May 07, 2014 6:48 am

Awesome find jrae82!!! It's people like you who find hidden nuggets of knowledge. I bought a TPS from a guy on ebay for $30.

Did you solder the wires and then use heat shrink tube?

jrae82
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby jrae82 » Wed May 07, 2014 8:02 am

Thanks for the kind words. Yea it's a nice little upgrade.

Nice 30 is a good deal. Did you get the connection plug as well?

I used butt connectors and wrapped them in electrical tape. Soldering and heat shrink tube would be a nicer cleaner look tho.

Remember if using it in the ae86 your going to need the bracket thingy in the throttle body held on by a 10mm bolt in order to use the ae92 bigport tps