Sway bar interference NEED HELP

EXXX
Club4AG Regular

Sway bar interference NEED HELP

Postby EXXX » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:28 pm

I am swapping in a 3.8L v6 supercharged L67 engine into my AE86 (don't hate on me I just want to do something unique) and everything is going pretty good except that the front sway bar is getting in the way of the crank pulley. Are there any after market sway bars that make alittle more room between the cross member and sway bar?
Do I just remove the sway bar?
Is there another solution for a sway bar?

Glock30
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Sway bar interference NEED HELP

Postby Glock30 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:14 pm

EXXX wrote:I am swapping in a 3.8L v6 supercharged L67 engine into my AE86 (don't hate on me I just want to do something unique) and everything is going pretty good except that the front sway bar is getting in the way of the crank pulley. Are there any after market sway bars that make alittle more room between the cross member and sway bar?
Do I just remove the sway bar?
Is there another solution for a sway bar?

I don't have your answer... but I just wanted to say that I'm glad I'm not the only person that thought about that engine. Every time I walk past my dad's abandoned Regal I think of how awesome that motor would be in my Corolla. Good luck with your swap.
1984 Toyota Corolla Sport SR5
1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
1968 Ford F250
Lots of 4AC info here: http://4ac-powered.forumotion.com/

jondee86

Postby jondee86 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:50 pm

Remove the swaybar and go a bit stiffer on the front springs.

Cheers... jondee86
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress
depends on the unreasonable man.

EXXX
Club4AG Regular

Postby EXXX » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:58 pm

Yeah its not an easy swap to do what so ever... I had to buy an oil pan, oil pick up and oil filter housing from a guy in Australia just to make it work in RWD cuz the Camaro pan and pickup wouldnt work in a AE86 cross member set up. Also I have to cut off the end of the supercharer and weld a 180 U bend pipe to make the Throttle face the right way and make clearance for the firewall. You also need a Camaro T5 transmission with the flywheel and clutch kit and a 1995 Chevrolet S-10 bellhousing to make it work and a Mustang shifter mod to not have the cantered shifter and transmission. Headers from a Camaro 3.8L and that is about everything that needs to be done. I should be making the engine mounts next week so I am going to either update my post or start a new build thread cuz i think my old one was on the old club4ag.

I just cant wait to make this thing have some power for once!

Oh yeah and I put on a 1981 Celica/Supra rear end moded to fit directly