high beam low beam switch

fastginger
Club4AG Regular

high beam low beam switch

Postby fastginger » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:26 pm

Can anyone source me a turn signal switch/high beam switch. The one right in behind the steering wheel? I can't find one anywhere, and the one in my car isn't working properly and I can't seem to fix it.

rollacpe
Club4AG Regular

Re: high beam low beam switch

Postby rollacpe » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:26 am

Just what seems to be malfunctioning with your current switch? Does it seem to get "stuck" between high and low beam, leaving you with no lights?

fastginger
Club4AG Regular

Postby fastginger » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:32 pm

No when the switch is in the high beam position nothing happens. What is supposed to happening when high beams are on on the switch. The little ball bearing thing fell out when I took the plastic piece covering the brass tabs off. What does that even do?

saiGone
Club4AG Expert

Postby saiGone » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:57 pm

fastginger wrote:No when the switch is in the high beam position nothing happens. What is supposed to happening when high beams are on on the switch. The little ball bearing thing fell out when I took the plastic piece covering the brass tabs off. What does that even do?

The ball bearing keeps the lever clicked into position. I lost mine also. It wont stay in hi beam position, though my hi beam work perfectly
Club 4AG member since 05 (Formally SaigonsSon)

ZINCHOTRAN
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby ZINCHOTRAN » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:09 pm

Ah ha! So you lost your bearing hahaha. Just kidding around friend.

You can stop by a bearing specialty place and sort through theirs to find one that fits. Remember to take the switch with you.