Common non oem replacement part numbers

ae86714
Club4AG Expert

Common non oem replacement part numbers

Postby ae86714 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:22 pm

I love OEM as much as the next guy, but you know how it goes: too expensive, not available, can't get it soon enough etc. I've just been looking around for parts to rebuild my rear end, and I have seen some pretty affordable ones on Amazon. They have the rear axle bearing kits (koyo) for 62 a side shipped. I also looked up the differential bearings individually as oppose to a kit.

I know thats short the crush sleeve and pinion seal, but still those prices seem not too bad. however it is a gamble with Amazon and things actually being the right application, but they are good about returns when they're little compatibility thing is wrong.

It just got me thinking what other parts are out there that could save us a little time and money here and there. There was another member not too long ago that was posting some synchros that he had found for very inexpensive. Things like this seem like what could really keep this scene alive on a more low key level. I understand that some folks here may make their living by finding these crossover part numbers and un-tapped sources, it is not my intention to squash the little guys trying to make a buck. Just trying to see there's any thing people are willing to share.

Basically tell us the part you were trying to find maybe even give the dealer Part #, and tell us where you found it (also give a manufacturer part #) and for how much $. doesnt have to be a steal of a deal, even if its just an alternative, maybe it will help some one that just doesnt have a local toyota dealer.

I'll start with a little one that i bet lots already have figured out :)

Distributor o-ring:
Dealer: 4-5 bucks
autozone: Felpro #72438 $2.99

For some reason when I asked in the store they said they have no listing and that I have to buy the distributor o-ring assortment. And my nearest dealer was a 20 min drive, nearest autozone was a 5 min walk.

If people don't want to share their hard earned research/ info i completely understand, you did the work so you get the fruit. If this thread just flops over and dies then so be it, was worth a shot.