FORTUNE AUTO COILOVER REVIEW - AE86 - NEW

stalk86
Club4AG Regular

FORTUNE AUTO COILOVER REVIEW - AE86 - NEW

Postby stalk86 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:00 pm

--
So I got my set of Fortune Auto Coilovers for my coupe. Here are my thoughts:

The quality of parts seems really nice. Everything is a perfect fit except one thing. The adjust collars on the rear perch have a bottom in them like a cup. Even with the bump stops completely off, they are an inch away from seating around the base of the collar. They bottom out on the bump stop mounting location. Solution? Saw off the bump stop perch. They aren't structural and cut very easily.

After a day of drifting at Pats Acres this weekend I can say, they perform great. They absorb bumps and undulations while sliding like butter. I still need to tune them in a little more, but they were doing what I needed. Oh, and you can slam the shhh out of it if you want; shocks adjust shorter than you'll ever need.

On the freeway they ride over lane change bumps smoother than my TRD/agx setup did. So, the digressive shocks are working.

These run about 1250 shipped from Battle Garage RS (without spindle). I think the extra 300 over megans or bc's putting them in the price range of Stance coilovers is a fair price after evaluation. Well see how they do through the season at PARC! Thanks for watching. :thumbsup:

Check out my edit from the last drift day at PARC!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYCBU0yxL40

BattleGarage_RS
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: FORTUNE AUTO COILOVER REVIEW - AE86 - NEW

Postby BattleGarage_RS » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:19 pm

Hey bud, FYI when we confirmed the perch had an issue Fortune was very fast to respond with a fix. We will be sending out out some spacers that you can use when you take the perches off next time, or use on your next car. This specifically fixes the issue you ran into!

FYI best way to contact is via email.

Thanks!

Grant
The tuning spirit of the 90's is alive again!

AE86 parts 24/7 :arrow: http://shop.battlegarage-rs.com

BattleGarage_RS
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: FORTUNE AUTO COILOVER REVIEW - AE86 - NEW

Postby BattleGarage_RS » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:50 pm

Also X-post from another thread:

So guys, this is why it's a win-win to support vendors that are also enthusiasts for the car you drive. Not just Battle Garage, but T3, etc.

We contacted Fortune Auto about this issue 2 days ago and they are already working on a fix! A spacer will be machined up and sent out to any of our customers that purchased the kit with the OEM style perch. If we somehow missed you, please email us and we can make sure you get a spacer mailed out to you. This spacer will be included with any coils placed in the near future.

Long-term, they will be revising the perch design so the spacer won't be needed at all. There is no down side to using the spacer in the meantime.

Below is a drawing of the existing perch, they also sent a drawing with the fix built in but I will keep that info private for our/their customers =)

The tuning spirit of the 90's is alive again!

AE86 parts 24/7 :arrow: http://shop.battlegarage-rs.com