hey guys long time.

kmcn47

hey guys long time.

Postby kmcn47 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:54 pm

well good news. i finally have my old z28 in just about showroom shape. gonna sell it soon and i'm hoping to get an 86-hatch as my new daily (can't be any worse than an old carb'd v8 GM product) what are they going for in driveable shape (running basically) i'd love a hatch with a dual cam motor and i really don't care if its standard or auto. could $5k get me a nice one? really not that sure there aren't a whole lot around in northeast ohio

Toy86
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: hey guys long time.

Postby Toy86 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:43 pm

5k, should be good enough to get a GTS corolla. The problem you're going to run into is trying to find one, then trying to find one that isn't all rusted out. I would start checking craiglist in your state, and then the states around you. Good luck trying to find one, they are out there though. Post up pics once you get your hands on one. Good hunting.

cliqwe
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: hey guys long time.

Postby cliqwe » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:59 pm

Going rate seems to be in the $4-4.5K range. Thats for both crappy ones and decent ones - Id say your best bet is to hold out for one that is relatively unmolested or close to stock with minimal rust.

...or get one that already has most of the mods you might be planning (; viewtopic.php?f=26&t=16243