FC mirrors

rollacpe
Club4AG Regular

FC mirrors

Postby rollacpe » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:50 am

Ok.. So i have heard that FC RX7 side view mirrors can be modified to fit the ae86. Instead of re-inventing the wheel, does anyone know of tips or tricks, or a general direction to head in? I purchased a cheap set of FC mirrors and after my intial assessment, it appears it may be possible but will take some work. Just hoping to get a bit of a jumpstart on the process, thanks in advance!!

rollacpe
Club4AG Regular

Re: FC mirrors

Postby rollacpe » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:48 am

anybody?.......

AE86Kai
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby AE86Kai » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:48 am

My old GT-S with AFTERMARKET FC3S Aero Mirrors.
There are really nothing much to talk about for installation since it was almost direct bolt on.
If I remember correctly, not ALL holes will match so they were on the car by using 2 bolts each side.
Very stable, no vibration but, since they were designed to be used on RHD cars, I could not see ANYTHING...!
Good luck. :P

rollacpe
Club4AG Regular

Postby rollacpe » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:45 am

Thanks man! I have read that only two bolt holes were used as well. Did you have to trim away any of the plastic at the base of the mirror? I appreciate the reply.

AE86Kai
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby AE86Kai » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:15 pm

You are welcome. :P
As far as for the installation, I did not have to do any modification, absolutely no trimming or cutting.
2 bolts installation were very secure but, you might want to apply 3M double side tape in between the mirror and door for the "insurance" as well.

Since mine was aftermarket, it may be different comparing to the OEM but, it should be the same.
When your project is done, please post few pics that I would like to see the result.

rollacpe
Club4AG Regular

Postby rollacpe » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:46 am

Thanks again Kai! Ill def post pics when I get around to doing the job.