Tie rods and battery questitons

Swooki
Club4AG Enthusiast

Tie rods and battery questitons

Postby Swooki » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:33 pm

hello i have two questions here today.
1) my battery tray is missing.. the actual metal part on the car.
Is that part welded or how does it work? so confused..

2) My alignment is off... the shell i got off the guy said one of the tie rods is aftermarket so it's longer but does that even make sense?

How do i make so that wheels don't cave in together?

totta crolla
Club4AG Pro

Re: Tie rods and battery questitons

Postby totta crolla » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:06 am

Look in here and download the "body" manual (FSM red section) Adjustment instructions for the tie rods are shown under "front suspension" viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11214

jondee86

Postby jondee86 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:08 pm

Swooki wrote:1) my battery tray is missing.. the actual metal part on the car.
Is that part welded or how does it work?

Yusss... welded on. You might get lucky and find one that has been carefully removed
by someone who relocated their battery to the trunk. Otherwise you could consider
relocating your battery for a cool racing modification and make a bit more room under
the hood. Moving the battery involves some extra wiring and gives you the chance to
install a kill switch which is also a cool racing and safety modification.

Cheers... jondee86
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress
depends on the unreasonable man.

Jeonsah
Club4AG Expert

Postby Jeonsah » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:14 am

1. It is a welded on bracket. There are spot welds that hold it to the engine bay. So you could find another one from another 80's toyota and weld it into your car. You would drill out the spot welds from the donar car and then weld it where the spot welds were. Just another option.

2. Not sure what you mean by this because it could be interpreted a couple ways. The way im thinking is that you have two different part number tie rods in use. The other way it could be interpreted is that they're the same part number but not set to the correct length. If you took your car to an alignment shop I would assume they have already tried adjusting it and have maxed out one of the settings. If your car is stock, then finding tie rods should be pretty straight forward. Go to a online store and enter your car information and buy the part. Now if your car has a manual rack conversion, you will have to do research.