Anyone installed Power Windows & Mirrors?

vashachiroku
Club4AG Regular

Anyone installed Power Windows & Mirrors?

Postby vashachiroku » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:51 am

:?:
Hello,

I bought a power windows set (took it out of wrecked AE86) and power mirrors I think 6 years ago or so.

Right now, everything is in storage and I plan to go through it while on quarantine measures at home to see what I have. Has anyone installed these to their AE86 and did a minor write up?

My mechanic said that I should ask about the electrical as the fuse box might be different in the car that didn't have power anything verse one that did come with power and said it might not as simple plug and play.

Any advice would be great really hoping this C4AG forums with 20 years of knowledge someone has advice and guidance!

FYI - Use to be regularly active back in pre-2007, but moved outside US, so not a total noob!

Nick94tt
Club4AG Expert

Re: Anyone installed Power Windows & Mirrors?

Postby Nick94tt » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:44 pm

Lol at your "mechanic" asking about plug and play.

All you need is an ignition-on 12v supply to provide keyed power for the motors.

Assuming toyota didn't screw around and completely change the inner door frame stamping it should bolt or rivet into place. (Otherwise folks will have to make brackets)

Beyond that, just a switched 12v motor operating a scissor lift.

Really straightforward stuff for anyone with a multimeter and some common sense.

vashachiroku
Club4AG Regular

Postby vashachiroku » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:28 am

Awesome thanks!

Nick94tt
Club4AG Expert

Postby Nick94tt » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:17 pm

Solid question on the potential fuse box difference though. There are often blank spots left in fuse boxes when features like that aren't installed. Real pita at times to get to (youd have to remove the fuse panel for access) but in theory could add the fused source to the box if you're looking for a more polished install.

If the motors pull too much current a relay circuit it simple.

Just went through the body manual to take a look. Assuming you don't have a rear wiper or sunroof those circuits would likely be available to use as a keyed source.

Here's the link to the factory service manuals. The body manual has most of the wiring diagrams.

https://www.aeu86.org/forum/Thread-Manuals

Hope it helps. ^_^