Engine Fuse keeps blowing (20V Silvertop Conversion - Tweak Harness/Haltech)

Gabriel82
Club4AG Enthusiast

Engine Fuse keeps blowing (20V Silvertop Conversion - Tweak Harness/Haltech)

Postby Gabriel82 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:19 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm in need of some help. I keep blowing #7 Engine 10amp fuse located in my fuse box by the battery. Any time I ground my battery it automatically blows the fuse. The starer is cranking but the engine is not turning on. I've used bigger fuses and that keeps blowing too.

SR5 converted from Auto to Manual.
20V Silvertop with a Tweak SR5 Harness meant for a Haltech 750 via Battle Garage. Using 1NZ coils.
Harness is grounded to the block.
New grounds for the motor (block to passenger strut, block to driver strut, Back of head to firewall, negative terminal to chassis)
Relocated the alternator wires to the passenger side. Even when disconnected the fuse still blows when I ground the battery.
Using a SQ Engineering Honda Starter adapter.
New EFI relay.
Cleaned the grounds under the fuse box.
Cleaned all the contacts on the fuse box with electrical cleaner.

Engine is currently cranking but not igniting. When in the ON position the injectors and coils are getting 12v. I'm figuring it's not firing because that engine fuse is responsible for the alternator.

Gabriel82
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Engine Fuse keeps blowing (20V Silvertop Conversion - Tweak Harness/Haltech)

Postby Gabriel82 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:45 pm

Update: Solved the issue. The alternator wires that were modified to go to the passenger side of the engine bay were shorting.

totta crolla
Club4AG Pro

Re: Engine Fuse keeps blowing (20V Silvertop Conversion - Tweak Harness/Haltech)

Postby totta crolla » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:59 am

I was following this and racking my brain. Thanks for the update and I'm glad you got it sorted.