clearance issues??

Kuromi_loves_toyota
Club4AG Regular

clearance issues??

Postby Kuromi_loves_toyota » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:57 pm

im currently running the originlab front fenders and rear overfenders, im planning on running some wide wheels in the front and i feel like ill be rubbing, im thinking abt getting the cusco lower control arms, and pillow bar tension rods, and idk if that would give me a bit more clearance in the front but its worth a try, anyone have any suggestions?
"be creative and live a fun life, and dont be an asshole" KB43VER

Jeonsah
Club4AG Expert

Re: clearance issues??

Postby Jeonsah » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:52 am

For fitment, you typically start off by adjusting your camber, caster, ride height, and control arm lengths so that your wheels avoid the fenders. The down side is you may be sacrificing your desired alignment settings for fitment. Also some brand of parts have designs that reduce the amount of adjustment you can physically make. An example of this is whiteline sway bars. The shape of the sway bar protrudes into the steering arc of the tire more than stock. Another example is the boxy T3 control arms. The control arms are bulky and will limit how much steering angle you can get because the wheel will touch the control arm body before the inner tie rod bottoms out on the steering rack.

Long story short, is that it would help to know your wheel dimensions, tire size, and fender flare extension amount (size in mm usually). However, if you have the capability to adjust the settings stated above, then you are really going to have to tinker with it by hand to figure out the answer to your question. Also having references of setups from other people will generally help you figure out what is possible.

If it helps, my car is running 15x9 -15 wheels, 195/50/r15 tires, and flared fenders. Everything is adjustable and I have enough clearance. I would also recommend going with the T3 GTX setup since it is more adjustable than Cusco.

Kuromi_loves_toyota
Club4AG Regular

Re: clearance issues??

Postby Kuromi_loves_toyota » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:12 am

i bought a set of watanabe Rtypes in 14x8.5, im running 185/60r14 wheels and the originlab fenders and overfenders are 40mm front and rear. im not planning on running any big angle, i just would like to be able to go from lock to lock with no rubbing or contact. im running TRD blues currently so im already lowered quite a bit, im running partshopmax spacers in the rear, and in the front im currently running nothing. ill check out the T3 GTX2 control arms and see whats up. i dont have anything for caster adjustment, but i have cusco camber plates. is there anything else you could suggest that might help?
"be creative and live a fun life, and dont be an asshole" KB43VER