BC coilover reviews

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

BC coilover reviews

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:58 pm

I am now authorized to sell BC racing Coilovers.
I decided to do it because they are one of the few true coilover systems for the AW11. I have always been skeptical of them and have heard many mixed reviews. Lately many of the customer reviews in the AW11 crowd have been pretty positive so I decided to pursue them. I am going to try to get as much information as possible from BC as far as shock dynos and such. If anyone here is an expert in reading said dynos please post up because I will admit I know very little about it compared to the pros.
If you have run BC coilovers let me know what your impressions are. If you have any solid information positive or negative, particularly on the AE86 and AW11 shocks then let me know.
If anyone is interested in them let me know. I should be able to match any honest price you find online.

ronny
Club4AG Expert

Re: BC coilover reviews

Postby ronny » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:24 pm

better to run HTS / TRD / KONI / AVO - shocks..
Rays - Project Mu - TE37 club
BLUE MOON / CUSCO
AE86fightclub.com
PM me for Contact

gotzoom?
Club4AG Expert

Postby gotzoom? » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:10 pm

I just helped install a set on an NC MIata over the weekend. I can't comment on the performance of them, since I didn't drive the car, but the build quality looks good.

yoshimitsuspeed
Club4AG MASTER

Postby yoshimitsuspeed » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:26 pm

ronny wrote:better to run HTS / TRD / KONI / AVO - shocks..

I appreciate the input but it would be much more helpful if you could add more details.
What are the BCs weaknesses?
Is this from driving experience or do you have any insight into technical details like shock dynos or anything else like that?
Is this something you feel could be fixed or improved?

SlideSexy
Club4AG Expert

Postby SlideSexy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:14 pm

My dad, misterfx8, has Bcs on his IS300. They allow you to go reallllly low without sacrificing too much handle. We live in New England so the roads are horrible and yet the car runs and feels amazingly stiff but doesnt give that feeling like its banging on every pot hole. He seems to be happy with the self adjustable dampening as well. Plus he has a bit of camber. I also have BC Racings on my AE86 but I havent yet messed around with tge ride height and camber adjustments. But even with out being lowered. The car still takes turns without too much sway and yet it still feels good on our harsh roads. & also note the IS300 gets DRIVEN and never have I.heard anything bad from him. Hes driven plenty of cars on multiple different suspensions and he always states that he feels that BCs are the best bang for the buck.
ANYONE CAN BUY A NEW CAR. IT TAKES A TRUE ENTHUSIAST
TO BREATHE LIFE INTO AN OLDER ONE.

El_Burro

Postby El_Burro » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:25 pm

I have BC racing on my car. I run then on mid settings. Anything under and it gets bouncy. For the streets the default 8K front 6K rear is a bit harsh. Road reflectors feel like land mines. But drifting its another story. They really rock there, but i suppose any stiff suspension is half decent in this setting. They come ready to go out of the box. I think they're a pretty good value. I got them because I also wanted rear spring perches that were adjustable.( rear is not coilover like t3 etc.)

miswuevos
Club4AG Expert

Postby miswuevos » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:51 pm

Bump

The Robot Cow
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby The Robot Cow » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:24 pm

Arn't Bc Racing, Megan Racing and a couple others the same exact thing just slightly different?
1985 Corolla Gts Coupe

skwid206
Club4AG Regular

Postby skwid206 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:06 pm

I've also been considering these but would like clarification... Are they made in China/Taiwan? If so, that is a big no thanks for me.
JDM: Just Doesn't Matter

DrAE86Toreno
Club4AG Enthusiast

Postby DrAE86Toreno » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:04 pm

I run BC Extreme Low coilovers on my GS. The goal for my GS was to run a static setup and be low as possible. BC does a custom kit to achieve this that can make it go lower than their other kits. My kit is maxed out, dampening set to high and am also running 20k and 18k springs. I daily drive my car and have been doing so since 2007. I have had my BC coils for 3 years now and have had no problem with them. For a mild drop, they ride extremely well. If you are trying to drop your car like a submarine, your car wont feel like a Lexus but it will still drive better than most coilovers out there. Obviously the lower you go the more uncomfortable it is, that just how it is. If you are trying to get more option on your ride height for the 86 from mild to wild then I am sure most coilovers will work. I still feel that the old school TRD/HTS setup is still the best setup for all around handling, driving and whatever motorsport you may do. I was going to go BC on my 86 as well but decided to not spend the money. BC is good coilovers! Here is a picture of my GS with the BC coils maxed out.
image by janmartin.villanos@yahoo.com, on Flickr