Hello,
this is probably a dumb question, but do solex locks work on
a coupe trunk?

-John

Tora
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Solex Locks

Postby Tora » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:30 pm

In my experience, they barely work with a hatch. I had to use the arm off of my old lock with the Solex to get it to work. Then had too much trouble getting the Solex clip onto the lock and ended up just putting the stock lock back in.

John H.
Club4AG Expert

Postby John H. » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:42 pm

I am just wondering, because my lock on my trunk is F'd.
Anybody know if it will work???

MisterJerk
Club4AG Pro

Postby MisterJerk » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:56 am

They sure do. I just took em straight out of the box and put them on. Install was the reverse of removing the stock ones. took an hour, since i had to take the door panels off and i wasnt in a hurry. for the trunk, Remove garnish(if you have it) slide locking plate off lock. remove lock cylinder. Put in the replacement, making sure the notch on the plate takes the unlock rod. Replace locking plate. replace garnish.

John H.
Club4AG Expert

Postby John H. » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:50 pm

MisterJerk wrote:They sure do. I just took em straight out of the box and put them on. Install was the reverse of removing the stock ones. took an hour, since i had to take the door panels off and i wasnt in a hurry. for the trunk, Remove garnish(if you have it) slide locking plate off lock. remove lock cylinder. Put in the replacement, making sure the notch on the plate takes the unlock rod. Replace locking plate. replace garnish.

MisterJerk, thank you sir! I found a picture of a coupe with one installed on the trunk, so all I needed was for someone to confirm that it actually works.
Thanks so much!

-John