Hi From Japan Just Registered & Some Questions

Anything about cars, as long as it's clean...
No offensive language, no profanity, no nudity, nothing that your mom will slap you for...
Be nice to others.
jdmdailydriver
Club4AG Regular

Hi From Japan Just Registered & Some Questions

Postby jdmdailydriver » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:33 am

Hi all , awesome forum !!! Been reading it for years but first time to register.
I have never owned an AE86 but have friends that build them and hoping to own one myself some time soon.
Closest car I have owned was a Eunos Roadster , I drive a JZX90 Chaser at the moment etc and love the GX71 series Mark ii etc.

Recently I have recently found a set of used Trust headers and wondering what a fair price would be for them , they are well used but in fair condition one weld but the rest is good.

I have someone that wants them but not sure what to charge as a fair price.

I also have a Japanese connection who is looking to get rid of a whole bunch of old JDM parts and a fair few AE86 among them.

Its just hard to find price on these old parts and just wondering if anyone can help me out.

Thanks!!!
Last edited by jdmdailydriver on Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hachi-6 D0ri
Club4AG Enthusiast

Re: Hi From Japan Just Registered & Some Questions

Postby hachi-6 D0ri » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:30 am

You got a parts list?
If your not crashing .. Stop being a p**$y Go hard in the paint!

~Stig

jdmdailydriver
Club4AG Regular

Postby jdmdailydriver » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:09 am

Too many to list ...even had a Route 6 full transmission which I think he sold but I can check ...he had that for ages and I didn't know what to ask for it because he wanted to sell it.

He has almost a full storage container full ...

Original period turbo manifold and full kit including HKS ECU and a larger Evo turbine...
I will try get some photos up

Stuff like side indicators , mirrors stock and electric full bumpers , bumper brackets all JDM ...A couple of TRD diffs and tons more.

jdmdailydriver
Club4AG Regular

Postby jdmdailydriver » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:22 am

Here are the headers , I will cut them at the end where the steel part starts , I think they are the titanium ones but not 100% , I will find out this week as I haven't jacked this car up yet. You can see the weld on the first pipe.

Am I not allowed to post images yet?

jdmdailydriver
Club4AG Regular

Postby jdmdailydriver » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:27 am

oldeskewltoy
Club4AG MASTER

Postby oldeskewltoy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:44 am

That Trust header likely only fits right hand drive models... Parts that can be used on either rhd, or lhd will be the most valuable because those parts have the largest market.

As to parts value... that is always tough to determine. 25 years ago I was working in the vintage Mustang biz and that was always a problem... determining how much $ the market will bear.

Great example is this "fool" (or not??) on Yahoo Japan - http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h187892207 - he is asking 258000 yen($2,153.78) for 4 TRD pistons. At that price you can have 3 sets custom made :shock:

OST Cyl head porting, - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=300

Building a great engine takes knowing the end... before you begin :ugeek:

Enjoy Life... its the only one you get!

jdmdailydriver
Club4AG Regular

Postby jdmdailydriver » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:09 am

oldeskewltoy wrote:That Trust header likely only fits right hand drive models... Parts that can be used on either rhd, or lhd will be the most valuable because those parts have the largest market.

As to parts value... that is always tough to determine. 25 years ago I was working in the vintage Mustang biz and that was always a problem... determining how much $ the market will bear.

Great example is this "fool" (or not??) on Yahoo Japan - http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h187892207 - he is asking 258000 yen($2,153.78) for 4 TRD pistons. At that price you can have 3 sets custom made :shock:

OK good info there , I am not surprised to see that price on those , in Japan AE86 parts are ridiculously expensive more so than the rest of the world , but especially discontinued new parts !!!

I was pretty sure the headers on these cars are always on the same side regardless to weather its RHD or LHD ???

Deuce Cam

Postby Deuce Cam » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:01 am

^
LHD models have a steering column sharing space with the header. The vast majority of jdm headers are for RHD models, and aren't designed to clear the steering column on a LHD car.

jdmdailydriver
Club4AG Regular

Postby jdmdailydriver » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:00 am

They are on the same side....anyway anyone know what this could cost or what seems like a fair price?

jdmdailydriver
Club4AG Regular

Postby jdmdailydriver » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:01 am

Deuce Cam wrote:^
LHD models have a steering column sharing space with the header. The vast majority of jdm headers are for RHD models, and aren't designed to clear the steering column on a LHD car.

Oops saw this after I posted the other thing ...

oldeskewltoy
Club4AG MASTER

Postby oldeskewltoy » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:10 am

jdmdailydriver wrote:
but especially discontinued new parts !!!

I have the same unused set... albeit without the rings, but the TRD box is included. $want to buy them?? :twisted:
OST Cyl head porting, - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=300

Building a great engine takes knowing the end... before you begin :ugeek:

Enjoy Life... its the only one you get!

jdmdailydriver
Club4AG Regular

Postby jdmdailydriver » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:36 pm

oldeskewltoy wrote:
jdmdailydriver wrote:
but especially discontinued new parts !!!

Not in need at the moment , if I do Ill PM you or do you have a price in mind?

jdmdailydriver
Club4AG Regular

Postby jdmdailydriver » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:38 pm

By the way my buyer knows about the RHD to LHD problem and he will modify it to fit.

I was thinking $300 might be an OK price...